Post-Game Talk: | Game VI | Loss | Got nothin

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
You gotta win when you’re up 2-0, even without Sid.
I mean, at least ONE of these past two games. But nope.

Thing about this series - on both sides - when one goal goes in, another one, or two… will tend to follow rather quickly. Goals are being scored in spurts. For us it’s no shock with Domingue in net, but I’ll venture to say that doesn’t bode well for the Rangers’ chances assuming they win tomorrow night.

Reactions: Andy99

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Feeling bummed as f*** ONCE AGAIN but I'm trying not to capitulate. The Caps series in '17 was kind of like this. Without the in-series injury losses though.

No way we should've blown two games with 2-0 leads but what can you say. The original series thesis was an easy loss and it hasn't been. But with Domingue in a game 7 I'm pretty scared.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Feeling bummed as f*** ONCE AGAIN but I'm trying not to capitulate. The Caps series in '17 was kind of like this. Without the in-series injury losses though.

No way we should've blown two games with 2-0 leads but what can you say. The original series thesis was an easy loss and it hasn't been. But with Domingue in a game 7 I'm pretty scared.
Jarry will play. He wanted to play game 6. He’ll play.

Reactions: tom_servo

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Wait Jarry was good enough to go last night?

As someone who's had his share of broken bones, a bone is either broken or healed. Obviously his bone must be healed if he's practicing and taking shots. So it's a matter of strength, flexibility, pain, etc. Don't know if those things were good enough for him to play, but i'd have no fear of him reinjuring himself (again assuming the bone is healed)

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If Jarry was good enough to go last night and they didn't opt to give him two cracks at it... that's some prime-time "you done played yourself" shit, right there.

Surely they weren't that dumb. Had to be more to it.

Reactions: Trade and Andy99

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Bummer of a game for sure. Hate to see Louis end his time here on that goal too. The guy is a 3rd string goalie and he had played relatively well considering. Sucks he likely ends his time here with a very 3rd string goal against. Both for him and the team obviously. And he's probably a dumb penalty or two from the guys in front of him away from being a folk hero who wins the series and hands the reigns back over to Jarry anyway. Just sucks.

That said, I hope Jarry plays. For one he's obviously just better. But two, that feels like the kind of goal that could get in a goalie's head.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
At 2-2 I briefly tuned into the radio to get some good Steigy luck and the second sentence out of his mouth was "the Rangers have scored"

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket

The Caps completely outplayed us in the '17 series (and Game 7 in particular) and we had no business whatsoever beating them.

The only reason we did was because Fleury completely stole Game 7.

Reactions: Andy99

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Yeah it's weird. If I hadn't seen any games and knew we had our 3rd goalie in and Sid missed a game and a half, I would be thrilled to hear were going to a game 7. But blowing two games in a row sucks.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
In the end nobody expected them to win more than one game in this series even with a mostly-healthy lineup. Not even their own fans. Of course it's frustrating because of the way it's happened and because clearly NY is not nearly as good as league commentary suggests. But I suppose I have to be thankful at least in a small way for a full series and the amount of resolve this team has shown, by and large. The vast majority of this team has played great to excellent hockey. The eye test says so... the statistics say so.

That probably makes it all the more frustrating, of course.

Reactions: Andy99 and Icarium

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah it's weird. If I hadn't seen any games and knew we had our 3rd goalie in and Sid missed a game and a half, I would be thrilled to hear were going to a game 7. But blowing two games in a row sucks.
This is the part that makes it sting. I had low expectations coming into the series, but when the team actually got a 3-1 series lead and kept getting 2-0 leads in games 5 and 6, the expectations rose, and with it the disappointment when they choked.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

5W8RRn0.gif

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Pens weren’t outplayed in game 7. They played extremely well and structured after they got destroyed in game 6.
True but they were never going to win that game or the series if MAF didn't stand on his head in several of the games. Domingue has given us a chance to win, we blew it but he is what he is, he cannot steal a game against any half-decent team.

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
Pens weren’t outplayed in game 7. They played extremely well and structured after they got destroyed in game 6.

This.
The Capitals had the overwhelming majority of the scoring chances, and we scored a couple of fluke goals. We won that game because Fleury bailed us out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad