GDT: GAME VI: Avalanche @ Rangers - Blueshirt Velvet

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
With Compher out, that puts a lot more context on the Dano claim. No doubt he draws in tonight.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Now we know why they put a claim on Dano. I feel for Compher. He had a very good start.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This feels like one of those games where you know the Avs should win it but don't

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
This is definitely a critical game to start the road trip off right. Against a bottom feeder team this should be a gimmie, but it's the road and we've seen some pretty inconsistent efforts so far. If they can pull this off, it takes a lot of the pressure off for the next few.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
A David Lynch themed Avs GDT? Holy crap, I never thought I'd see someone else mash together two entirely disparate interests of mine. (The Winkie in my handle is a reference to the diner in Mulholland Drive)

Nice!

I tried to incorporate something from Lost Highway (which includes one of the creepiest damn scenes in cinematic history, featuring possible real-life creep Robert Blake) but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Reactions: Babel Salamander

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's a black and white experimental film from 1977. We haven't seen it.

I should get into David Lynch films...

Prepare to be mesmerized, confused, and a little bit frustrated. He's nothing if not unique.

I love the quotes from the cast of Inland Empire (which I've never seen) that they hoped they'd figure out what the movie was about at the premiere. :laugh:

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Yeah, like the 2nd and 3rd periods of last game. If they play like that they'll lose
Or like in the 1st against Columbus. Avs are a strong team (losing Compher really hurts, though) but sometimes they don't seem to give a crap and/or they think they're better than they really are.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Really want the Calgary game to become an aberration as soon as possible... I’m slightly nervous for the devils game, since I have tickets and I see the avs once every three years or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad