GDT: GAME VI: Avalanche @ Rangers - Blueshirt Velvet

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Not so sure about that when factoring in the team.

Grubauer has a 1.75 G.A.A. and .947 SV% with 1 shutout in his career vs NYR in 7 games.
Varlamov has a 3.07 G.A.A and a .901 SV% in his career vs NYR in 9 games.

Given how Varly was especially worked vs Calgary on Saturday, and the team lost, the choice here would seem rather simple to me.
I still go with Varly. I remember him stealing one for us last season around this time in New York lol.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Is this game early enough in NY for the boys to get a W and go catch a Broadway show?

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Not so sure about that when factoring in the team.

Grubauer has a 1.75 G.A.A. and .947 SV% with 1 shutout in his career vs NYR in 7 games.
Varlamov has a 3.07 G.A.A and a .901 SV% in his career vs NYR in 9 games.

Given how Varly was especially worked vs Calgary on Saturday, and the team lost, the choice here would seem rather simple to me.
I'll never understand the use of statistics in this way. Sure, a goalie might prefer to play in a certain arena for whatever reason, but with the amount of player turnover it's not like this Rangers team is like any of those other Rangers teams in the past. And this Avs team isn't the same Avs team that has played them, or Washington for that matter. AKA I think these numbers are meaningless.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
OK, Jimothy Timothy is out - Dano maybe IN. Btw, there is no Jost in the GTD. Is he hurt ... again? Or did i just missed him...

Dano won’t be there because it will take 48 hours for his immigration papers to clear, moving from a Canadian employer to an American employer.

Jost is in the thread, he’s been called “Eraser-head” for some reason.

Reactions: Raucherhusten

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
How does nobody get the hair joke?

eraserhead_1-1502202660-726x388.jpg

tyson-jost-of-the-colorado-avalanche-poses-for-his-official-headshot-picture-id612169506

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Dano won’t be there because it will take 48 hours for his immigration papers to clear, moving from a Canadian employer to an American employer.

Jost is in the thread, he’s been called “Eraser-head” for some reason.
What means we probably see a Kamenev/Gourque/Dries 4th line. Finally we have a "real" one :)
Poor Russian tho ...

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I guess:

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Kerfoot - Jost - Wilson
Nieto - Soderberg - Calvert
Dries - Kamenev - Bourque

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
I'll never understand the use of statistics in this way. Sure, a goalie might prefer to play in a certain arena for whatever reason, but with the amount of player turnover it's not like this Rangers team is like any of those other Rangers teams in the past. And this Avs team isn't the same Avs team that has played them, or Washington for that matter. AKA I think these numbers are meaningless.

ha, exactly. That stat is 100% meaningless.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
This is a game we should win, and should be able to run the score up. A big win would be great heading into games against NJ and Carolina. Mack with 5 points.

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
Anyone know when that Bennet hit on Compher was?

I don't remember seeing it and would be curious to go back and take a look.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
For Compher, I would bet it was the Bennett hit. Compher really had hard contact on his head from the play, not that it was a dirty hit by any stretch. Did they do a concussion protocol at the time for Compher? I don't recall that they did, which seems strange in retrospect.

The Compher hit is one of the things that really bothers me about the current NHL. He took a hit and head contact, probably concussed, but the other Avs players didn't lose their minds, they just kept playing. It was a clean hit in my mind, so that is the way it should be.

Zadorov hit Bennett later on another clean hit and he loses his mind over being hit. Of course, it may have really worked out to the Avs advantage that he was so undisciplined, but I just hate how players get upset these days over being hit.

Reactions: Foppberg

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Let's hope Compher doesn't go from a great start to a horrible finish like last year after getting injured :/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad