GDT: Game #TomahawkSteaks - 12.17.14 - at Vancouver - FSSW+ - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

NukeJukes43

The Jordie part was a joke guy.

Definately to each there own, the guy you say has been playing crappy lately, I think is usually one of the better players on the team for the most part, at least on the backend, last night excluded.

Then again, I'm not sure why were are arguing about it when they were both bad. Klingberg has earned his spot however, Jok usuallyi doesn't look better than Oleksiak but gets more pt and not usually punished for his blunders. Maybe your right and I'm just biased because it rubs me the wrong way.

If you like Klingberg more than fine, it can rub you the wrong way. Not going to try and stop your support of the guy. But I can get the same way too. I played C and LD at a high level from squirt hockey all the way to midget, also assistant coached for 2 seasons. Take from that what you will. My opinion on the two is that Jokipakka has just as much to be desired as Klingberg, but in a different aspect of the game. His backwards crossovers on both sides are excellent and his skating overall is really impressive. Pair that with his ability to play the body and keep his head on a swivel I think make him better defensively.

Klingberg is better with the puck no doubt, and especially in the offensive zone. But Jyrki plays actual D and thats something I really like about his game. Makes it easier for us to deal with losing Nemeth.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
If you like Klingberg more than fine, it can rub you the wrong way. Not going to try and stop your support of the guy. But I can get the same way too. I played C and LD at a high level from squirt hockey all the way to midget, also assistant coached for 2 seasons. Take from that what you will. My opinion on the two is that Jokipakka has just as much to be desired as Klingberg, but in a different aspect of the game. His backwards crossovers on both sides are excellent and his skating overall is really impressive. Pair that with his ability to play the body and keep his head on a swivel I think make him better defensively.

Klingberg is better with the puck no doubt, and especially in the offensive zone. But Jyrki plays actual D and thats something I really like about his game. Makes it easier for us to deal with losing Nemeth.

Fair enough, my comment about being rubbed the wrong way wasn't in response to you as much is I feel like Jokipakka makes the same bonehead plays as a guy like Oleksiak makes but he doesn't lose much ice time when he does it, yet Oleksiak if he would have done the same would have been benched for most of the 3rd period.

That's what I was saying rubs me the wrong way. No doubt you have a deeper knowledge than I do. I'm just a fan that pays a lot of attention but nothing more. As a regular fan Klingers passing is a thing of beauty. Big Rig size gets me excited as I grew up loving Hatcher and Pronger. I know he had a couple blocked shots but for Joki to win me over those guys he is going to probably have to show me that he has the heart to give up his body and be a shot blocker as well as positionally sound.
Otherwise, I just can't overlook what they can bring that he doesn't in those categories and that, along with what seems like favoritism, is why my opinion may be a little biased and why I am not as quick to forgive his bone head plays. I like him way more than Jordie, but its the same reason Jordie doesn't get passes for his screw ups, he just doesn't have the massive power or offense to justify putting up with mental errors on a regular basis.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
**** I felt asleep just before the Rouss goal :cry:

Antoine scoring in the city who disbelieved in him is the cherry on the cake :nod:

great win

that's said I'm totally bored with Ruff juggling lines every period :rant:

Benn-Eakin-Seguin
Roussel-Spezza-Hemsky

our best top6... play it until Nuke return or Ritchie upgrade...we need stability :banghead:

NukeJukes43

Fair enough, my comment about being rubbed the wrong way wasn't in response to you as much is I feel like Jokipakka makes the same bonehead plays as a guy like Oleksiak makes but he doesn't lose much ice time when he does it, yet Oleksiak if he would have done the same would have been benched for most of the 3rd period.

That's what I was saying rubs me the wrong way. No doubt you have a deeper knowledge than I do. I'm just a fan that pays a lot of attention but nothing more. As a regular fan Klingers passing is a thing of beauty. Big Rig size gets me excited as I grew up loving Hatcher and Pronger. I know he had a couple blocked shots but for Joki to win me over those guys he is going to probably have to show me that he has the heart to give up his body and be a shot blocker as well as positionally sound.
Otherwise, I just can't overlook what they can bring that he doesn't in those categories and that, along with what seems like favoritism, is why my opinion may be a little biased and why I am not as quick to forgive his bone head plays. I like him way more than Jordie, but its the same reason Jordie doesn't get passes for his screw ups, he just doesn't have the massive power or offense to justify putting up with mental errors on a regular basis.

Didn't mean to come off as some elitist hockey *****. I'm a fan just like you. I just get so involved in my opinions because when you stop playing you project it back into the players/teams you watch. Jokipakka just reminds me a lot of myself I guess :laugh:. I think if we lean on him and give him more minutes he could be great for us. Also see the incentive on getting a guy like Oleksiak going though. He brings other more rare aspects to his game being a big mobile D-man. Cheers to having young defensemen to argue about in the first place :cheers:

Stars suck, but the desire to win big is there. Plenty to build off of.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
**** I felt asleep just before the Rouss goal :cry:

Antoine scoring in the city who disbelieved in him is the cherry on the cake :nod:

great win

that's said I'm totally bored with Ruff juggling lines every period :rant:

Benn-Eakin-Seguin
Roussel-Spezza-Hemsky

our best top6... play it until Nuke return or Ritchie upgrade...we need stability :banghead:

Dude I fell asleep after the 1st period. My chair was just too much for me. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad