GDT: Game #TomahawkSteaks - 12.17.14 - at Vancouver - FSSW+ - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I can't believe Joki was out there for the EN with the Eakin line, he had a mare.

ScubaSteve*

Any win is just costing us a percentage in the McDavid sweepstakes at this point.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Kari is a dirty, filthy stealer. Dallas had no business getting those two points. That was such an ugly win. Team tank took it in the shorts tonight.

I have no idea why Eakin got to be out there with Seguin/Benn. He's been terrible all season and again tonight. Did he get an official shot on goal? Because it seemed every shot he tried was drilled into the shin pads of a Vancouver player.

I think I like Hemsky and Roussel together. Who knows what's going to happen when Garbutt comes back.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
Benn-Eakin-Segs
Mckenzie-Spezza-Cole
Rouss-Morin-Hemsky
Horcoff-Fids-Scevi

Am I the only one who really likes these lines?

Yup, probably only u, since we lost majority of the games with that line (or something similar to that).

Anyways, this game was all Lethonen. Nothing more, and nothing less. Good to see players other than Seguin stepping up for the win.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Kari is a dirty, filthy stealer. Dallas had no business getting those two points. That was such an ugly win. Team tank took it in the shorts tonight.

I have no idea why Eakin got to be out there with Seguin/Benn. He's been terrible all season and again tonight. Did he get an official shot on goal? Because it seemed every shot he tried was drilled into the shin pads of a Vancouver player.

I think I like Hemsky and Roussel together. Who knows what's going to happen when Garbutt comes back.

No business? We dominated the entire 2nd period and about half of the 3rd. That's half the game.

MetalGodAOD*

Joki had a really really tough game. Would love to see Oleksiak come back in, but wouldn't be a bad idea to let him work through it too. He was great against NJ but made some godawful decisions tonight with the puck.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
No business? We dominated the entire 2nd period and about half of the 3rd. That's half the game.

This game was the reverse of the earlier tilt. It should have been 4-0 before the 1st intermission. The second and third periods wouldn't have mattered had Lehtonen not perpetually robbed the Canucks.

MetalGodAOD*

Morry, sorry to belabor the point, but i really feel like you should watch these guys closer. The number of little plays both these guys made in this game just really renders your complaints as confusing to me at best.

Do you understand CORSI? You know who is first on this team? Travis Morin. Sceviour is 7th. These guys are reliable possession players who win 50-50 battles, sustain cycles and get pucks deep.

There have been a lot of 4th liners come through i would have gladly replaced with either of these players. Their games seem to me to be perfect for bottom 6 roles. Namely, play in the other team's end, get and keep pucks deep.

Corsi has no place being cited when reviewing 2 NHL games for a player. That being said, I've thought Morin has performed well and deserves to keep getting a look.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

could it be possible that Kari is just finally healthy now?

Has there been any news on that?

I would assume the Stars dont want other teams to know about his health...they dont want other teams to take advantage.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Corsi has no place being cited when reviewing 2 NHL games for a player. That being said, I've thought Morin has performed well and deserves to keep getting a look.

Colton Sceviour has a nice little track record in the shot attempt differential stats though. Ever since he's come into the league he's been one of our top performers in that category, albeit in a depth role with limited ice time.

I know we went away from the Roussel / Eakin / Hemsky line half way through that game when Eakin moved up to the 1st line, but it really dominated for us last night - shot attempts were 14 to 1 for Dallas when Hemsky was on the ice at even strength yesterday! They need to re-visit that in future games.

I actually thought the McKenzie / Spezza / Cole pairing was pretty solid too.

ScubaSteve*

could it be possible that Kari is just finally healthy now?

Has there been any news on that?

I would assume the Stars dont want other teams to know about his health...they dont want other teams to take advantage.

Would you lay down money that Kari will be able to string together several games worth of useful play? Because I wouldn't bet on that.

Bkennedy*

Jesus the Dallas Stars essentially win a 1-0 game (big step) and you people are still *****ing.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Really enjoyed the effort last night. I thought the team was about as good as it can be after the 1st. Roussel/Hemsky definitely needs to be explored further. If we can salvage the Hemsky signing and keep Roussel focused on playing hockey that's a double bonus.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Really enjoyed the effort last night. I thought the team was about as good as it can be after the 1st. Roussel/Hemsky definitely needs to be explored further. If we can salvage the Hemsky signing and keep Roussel focused on playing hockey that's a double bonus.

That's why I was mad when Ruff moved Roussel back to the Eakin-Garbutt line as soon as Garbutt got back from being sick/injured/idr. He was the first person that showed chemistry with Spezza and Hemsky and looked like he actually belonged on the line with them. As soon as he got replaced by 4th liners Hemsky stopped producing. That's why I'm going to be pissed as hell if Garbutt gets back on that line as soon as he gets back from his suspension. He needs to be ****ing benched or played on the 4th line until he gets his **** together instead of them breaking up lines that are working. If Hemsky can be put on the 4th line twice after scoring a goal then Garbutt can be put there after his second ****ing suspension in two weeks.

NukeJukes43

Sometimes I feel like most of you tunnel vision on mistakes of player's now because you're expecting them. Klingberg and Daley were the worst defenseman out there last night. Jokipakka made 2 mistakes that he really can't be making. Daley and Klingberg were doing that every other shift. Atleast Joki knows how to position himself and close the gaps on zone entries. Daley and Klingberg skate backwards until the back of their skates hit kari.

I liked Klingberg as much as everyone else when he first came up, but he's been pretty crap lately. Daley has been no better with his turnovers.

So seeing most of you put blame on guys loke Jokipakka and Goligoski makes me think we're lacking any experienced D-men ourself on these boards.

Last edited by a moderator:

haf

Mar 3, 2008

I understand about the minimal sample size, but the eye test says he's a good possession player, and what stats we have back that up.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Sometimes I feel like most of you tunnel vision on mistakes of player's now because you're expecting them. Klingberg and Daley were the worst defenseman out there last night. Jokipakka made 2 mistakes that he really can't be making. Daley and Klingberg were doing that every other shift. Atleast Joki knows how to position himself and close the gaps on zone entries. Daley and Klingberg skate backwards until the back of their skates hit kari.

I liked Klingberg as much as everyone else when he first came up, but he's been pretty crap lately. Daley has been no better with his turnovers.

So seeing most of you put blame on guys loke Jokipakka and Goligoski makes me think we're lacking any experienced D-men ourself on these boards.

So your saying Jordie is the key to success? We get a shutout and it's the first time we aren't mentioning him as one of the worst in a game.

Klingberg did have a tough game and one of if not his worst last night, but he has been nowhere near crap. Jokipakka was worse last night and has been worse than Klingberg in every game he has played. Young guys make dumb plays and young guys make mistakes, both did last night but I think your being over critical of Klingberg based on what's he capable of.

I agree about Daley and there is no excuse for him to keep sucking in his own zone but Goligoski was traded for to be "the guy" for us and he just hasn't been. He's been awful at times this year but usually just plain average. That's gonna get you ragged on considering what was given up.

The thing is when Daley is poor in his own zone he still can score goals and be a threat offensively. Klingberg has the best passes out of any of the d and puts himself in scoring positions. Jokipakka doesn't so it's harder to overlook when he brain farts, fair or not.

NukeJukes43

So your saying Jordie is the key to success? We get a shutout and it's the first time we aren't mentioning him as one of the worst in a game.

Klingberg did have a tough game and one of if not his worst last night, but he has been nowhere near crap. Jokipakka was worse last night and has been worse than Klingberg in every game he has played. Young guys make dumb plays and young guys make mistakes, both did last night but I think your being over critical of Klingberg based on what's he capable of.

I agree about Daley and there is no excuse for him to keep sucking in his own zone but Goligoski was traded for to be "the guy" for us and he just hasn't been. He's been awful at times this year but usually just plain average. That's gonna get you ragged on considering what was given up.

The thing is when Daley is poor in his own zone he still can score goals and be a threat offensively. Klingberg has the best passes out of any of the d and puts himself in scoring positions. Jokipakka doesn't so it's harder to overlook when he brain farts, fair or not.

Totally ridiculous opinion, but to each his own.

Not sure where you pulled the Jordie statement from either. Might need to re-read what I said, bud.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
The Jordie part was a joke guy.

Definately to each there own, the guy you say has been playing crappy lately, I think is usually one of the better players on the team for the most part, at least on the backend, last night excluded.

Then again, I'm not sure why were are arguing about it when they were both bad. Klingberg has earned his spot however, Jok usuallyi doesn't look better than Oleksiak but gets more pt and not usually punished for his blunders. Maybe your right and I'm just biased because it rubs me the wrong way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad