GDT: GAME ONE...of the 2nd half: Big Apple vs. Big Mess

Who will be the Goat of the Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
I would like big G over Nemeth simply to get ride of his obligatory penalties and icings per game. But Bednar will probably go with the "veteran" player in Nemeth.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nice bounce back win for Grubauer. Not too busy but looked much more comfortable in the net. Big for his confidence and a big win for Bednar. Not just breaking the losing streak, but if he would have put up another sub par game after he said he'd start Francouz this game, that would have been a real bad look.

Graves with another real good game. He keeps playing like this, he may give Nemeth a push for his spot in the lineup. He was showing that mobility jumping into the zone all night. One little hiccup with that turnover that led to the penalty shot, but not a big deal. Great to see him rewarded with a goal.

Not sure this game answered too many questions though. NYR played absolutely terrible, and the Avs were gifted with 10 minutes on the PP in the 1st. Winnipeg will be the real test for them. The Avs seem to do well with their speed against east coast teams, but really struggle against big teams that can also skate well like the Jets.

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
Holy shit that play by rantanen before a nice backhand pass on mack.. foppa-esque

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wow, we got 10PP!!! Yeah, that will give you a chance to win the game!

AVS had 9 PPs in the first half of the game, including a 5 min one. I had never seen that before. That's why the win is nice but doesn't mean much.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
AVS had 9 PPs in the first half of the game, including a 5 min one. I had never seen that before. That's why the win is nice but doesn't mean much.
They earned those PPs though, moving their feet and keeping the pressure on. You draw penalties when you're on the attack, it's just that usually the refs swallow their whistles during Avs games and pretend it's the playoffs.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They earned those PPs though, moving their feet and keeping the pressure on. You draw penalties when you're on the attack, it's just that usually the refs swallow their whistles during Avs games and pretend it's the playoffs.
Please.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
For anyone who's curious, Chris Bigras, according to hockeydb.com, has posted 3-16-19 in 37 games to go along with 24 penalty minutes o_O and, wait for it...a +13 rating for the Hartford Wolf Pack. Not bad at all, I'm sure at some point if the Rangers can dump one of their insanely overpaid blueliners he will get a legit look.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
For anyone who's curious, Chris Bigras, according to hockeydb.com, has posted 3-16-19 in 37 games to go along with 24 penalty minutes o_O and, wait for it...a +13 rating for the Hartford Wolf Pack. Not bad at all, I'm sure at some point if the Rangers can dump one of their insanely overpaid blueliners he will get a legit look.
He did really well for Hartford last season right after the trade aswell. Hopefully he can turn it around. He has all the tools just seems like a mental barrier holds him back.

Reactions: McMetal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad