OT: Game Of Thrones

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
Anyone read the books or seen the show? Im on the 3rd book and im trying to read as fast as I can before the start of the 3rd season. Sorry if there's a thread on this already just didn't want to go and search for an old thread to bump.

Who else is pumped for 3rd season?

Btw, not sure if this had been mentioned before but.

Brienne Of Tarth
Brienne+of+Tarth.jpg

Lennart Petrell
i

:handclap:

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
you know it's a bad hockey season when all the OT threads pop up before the oilers year is done.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
The books are an incredible read, and I've not yet watched the series. I am almost reluctant to do so, because it might feel like a letdown -- nothing compares to the vivid clarity of your own imagination. The first time I read about the [spoil]Red Wedding... it literally felt like a punch to the gut.[/spoil] He is a tremendous author, though I've heard books 4 and 5 are slow and not quite as good as the first 3 (haven't hit those two yet but they are bought and sitting there staring at me...).

Last edited by a moderator:

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Currently rocking the 3rd book. Looks like I'll be roughly 2/3 done by the time the season starts, which should be perfect as I hear that's where the season ends.

I don't like deciding what's better, so I'll throw it into my category of "Favorite shows on TV" along with Breaking Bad, Archer, and Walking Dead. Those 4 are the only ones I follow religiously.

Oiler Crude

3rd rate fan
Feb 11, 2007
Anyone read the books or seen the show? Im on the 3rd book and im trying to read as fast as I can before the start of the 3rd season. Sorry if there's a thread on this already just didn't want to go and search for an old thread to bump.

Brienne Of Tarth
Brienne+of+Tarth.jpg

Lennart Petrell
i

OMG the likeness is uncanny!!:handclap:

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
I blew through Storm of Swords, Feast for Crows, and now starting Dance with Dragons in between Seasons 2 and 3.

Storm of Swords is my favorite book so this season is going to be awesome. Certain events are going to blow the minds of non-book people.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Oh, and let's make this spoiler-free for those who haven't read the books. Or use the spoiler tags.

This.

Read That.

Again.

[noparse]Use [spoil] and [/spoil] to mark your spoilers please.[/noparse]

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Personally, GoT is my fave show that's on television at the moment. Second all-time to The Wire. I get chills watching these trailers lol. So hype, can't wait for Sunday.

In regards to the books, only started, so I'm only on "A Game of Thrones", but I'm almost done it. Ready for book two likely in a week, going to read on the flight to Dominican next week. Hopefully I'll be caught up by the end of the season.

Chooch

Nov 4, 2006
Edmonton
I'm glad i didn't read any of the books, the series is just so great. It would kill me if i knew what would happen.

Bouch1337

Mar 19, 2008
Ottawa

Brienne Of Tarth
Brienne+of+Tarth.jpg

Lennart Petrell
i

I didnt read the whole htread cause im late for school, but if you get half through the 3rd book you might be okay. I heard season 3 is only half of third book cause it has soooo much action

Bangers

May 31, 2006
I'm glad i didn't read any of the books, the series is just so great. It would kill me if i knew what would happen.

Actually, I recommend both. The TV series is just different enough to make it interesting, while the books help to flesh out a lot of the characters that are underdeveloped in the show (not their fault, so many characters for one TV series).

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
I love it... can't wait for the first episode of season 3!

As for the books, I have them, just haven't got around to reading them yet.... I'm about 80 pages into the first book (lol)... I like it so far.

HumanCheatCode

Jan 15, 2010
Edmonton
He is a tremendous author, though I've heard books 4 and 5 are slow and not quite as good as the first 3 (haven't hit those two yet but they are bought and sitting there staring at me...).

Book four is painfull to get through but needs to be done. Helps you feel like you've sacrificed along with the characters :laugh: I really enjoyed book 5. Once you get that invested into characters it's hard to put down. There are also two more chapters on the authors website for those who've finsihed the series that will be in book 6.

I love the direction they are going with [spoil]Theon[/spoil] in the new chapter; powerful stuff.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
This.

Read That.

Again.

[noparse]Use [spoil] and [/spoil] to mark your spoilers please.[/noparse]

I am going to double this warning. This show is hands down the best thing on TV but I haven't read the books. Unhidden spoilers in this thread will enrage me. So unless you like the idea of being banned from every HF forum except the nucks, don't do it. :naughty:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I am going to double this warning. This show is hands down the best thing on TV but I haven't read the books. Unhidden spoilers in this thread will enrage me. So unless you like the idea of being banned from every HF forum except the nucks, don't do it. :naughty:

Very much this.

Not all of us have read the books so spoil tags would be nice.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

[spoil]Rosebud is a sled[/spoil]

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Just to clarify on the spoiler free thing. I think we should only go as far as where the TV show has left off. If a poster hasn't watched for a bit and is behind on the show, then they can't really complain about spoilers. So if you aren't up to date with where the show has left off and want to avoid learning anything before you get a chance to watch, then I'd advise you stay out of this thread.

Everyone understand and ok with that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad