OT: Game Of Thrones

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Get that "team" **** outta here, this isn't twilight and I hope you aren't teenage girls.

This week's episode was just riddled with foreshadowing. So good, now to wait another painstaking 7 days for the next one...

Chooch

Nov 4, 2006
Edmonton
Get that "team" **** outta here, this isn't twilight and I hope you aren't teenage girls.

This week's episode was just riddled with foreshadowing. So good, now to wait another painstaking 7 days for the next one...

Twilight? What does "team" have to do with whatever that is? Whatever it is, it looks like you know a little too much about it. ;)

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
weak episode last night.
it felt like a bad TV drama.
every scene was riddled with boring "OH YEAH? F-YOU" 1-up dialog. grows tired fast and grew tired in the earlier seasons.

bringing up Renly's homosexuality (not that prominent in the books) was a cheap HBO garbage tactic to get in a lame joke.

the books destroy the TV show by a mile. do yourself a favor and read them instead. this is nice but its not nearly as cool.
also, super lame they brought Theon back this early.

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
weak episode last night.
every scene was riddled with boring "OH YEAH? F-YOU" 1-up dialog. grows tired fast and grew tired in the earlier seasons.

bringing up Renly's homosexuality (not that prominent in the books) was a cheap HBO garbage tactic to get in a lame joke.

the books destroy the TV show by a mile. do yourself a favor and read them instead. this is nice but its not nearly as cool.

Don't agree with you here. I've loved the series representation of the books so far

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
weak episode last night.

Going to have to go ahead and disagree with you.
They laid so much foundation in that episode and there was foreshadowing in just about every scene.
Also the introduction of Jojen and Meera Reed ? Awesome.

Crusty Quinn

Oct 13, 2006
Edmonton
Going to have to go ahead and disagree with you.
They laid so much foundation in that episode and there was foreshadowing in just about every scene.
Also the introduction of Jojen and Meera Reed ? Awesome.

Yeah they did a great job with that, I'm curious to see [spoil] if they plan on keeping Osha and Rickon with them as well or if they'll split off.[/spoil] I'd prefer if they handled it like they did in the books.

But I do agree with CorpseFX about them bringing in Theon so early. There's enough going on that they didn't really need to, but I guess they're just trying to have some continuity for the viewers.

As far as using the Renly being gay thing more in the show, they've been playing that up for the whole series so far starting with a certain scene back in Season 1. There was pretty much no doubt after that :laugh: .

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
weak episode last night.

How else are they going to explain that Margeary is still a maiden after he marriage to Renly?

I think bringing Theon's backstory during aSoS to the forefront is a strong move. It will help develop his and other characters on screen.

Books and TV are different mediums with different strengths and weaknesses. Any adaptation from book to TV is going to require certain changes. Moreover, GRRM steers HBO away from any irreconcilable changes.

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
DAT EPISODE.

Danys scene was imo best scene of series. :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Man that was awesome!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad