OT: Game of Thrones SPOILER Discussion - Here be tales of SPOILERS and drinking giant’s milk!!!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
A lot of people say they ruined jaimie's arc. I dont think so. He was always flawed. But in the end he was redeemed by dying as an honorable man. This is game of thrones, not everyone has that Disney storybook ending. Heck I dont think any one does. He said it himself you dont choose whom you love. Cersei was his drug and he was addicted to her. And he died how he wanted in the arms of the one he loved. The valonqar prophecy never existed in the show either. Jamie killing a pregnant woman (his child) would have been messed up. I just think he should have been scorched with cersei, instead dying by fallen rubble.

We all know Jaime had a thing for Cersei, that's fine. Same is true of Cersei towards him, yet she still tried to get him killed.
I mean, why doesn't he stick by her side instead of going to fight against the White Walkers? What's the point? Once that's done, why not just get back straight to Cersei? His feelings towards Cersei are not new...why did they make it seem as such? Like...he just realized at the end how much he loves his sister?? For real???
But..I mean...fine. Make him go to Cersei, why the f*** does Euron absolutely want to kill him? So much so that he rather do that than get back to his Queen who he thinks is pregnant with his child, while she's under siege???
Not to mention the enormous coincidence of Euron 1) suriving the destruction of his fleet, 2) not drowning, 3) swimming alone towards the secret passage, 4) getting there at the exact same moment Jaime walks by there.

Man...this show became so bad. Terribly frustrating.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
We all know Jaime had a thing for Cersei, that's fine. Same is true of Cersei towards him, yet she still tried to get him killed.
I mean, why doesn't he stick by her side instead of going to fight against the White Walkers? What's the point? Once that's done, why not just get back straight to Cersei? His feelings towards Cersei are not new...why did they make it seem as such? Like...he just realized at the end how much he loves his sister?? For real???
But..I mean...fine. Make him go to Cersei, why the **** does Euron absolutely want to kill him? So much so that he rather do that than get back to his Queen who he thinks is pregnant with his child, while she's under siege???
Not to mention the enormous coincidence of Euron 1) suriving the destruction of his fleet, 2) not drowning, 3) swimming alone towards the secret passage, 4) getting there at the exact same moment Jaime walks by there.

Jaime goes to winterfell as part of his redemption arc. He legitimately felt the white walkers were a threat and he needed to help the northerners to fight off the threat. He pleaded with cersei to go and warned her whoever won would eventually ravage kings landing if cersei went back on her word. He did the morally correct choice to fight in winterfell. His fling with brienne was a test to see if he can find love outside cersei, it didnt happen. So when hearing about the potential war that was about to go down, he made the decision to be with cersei as he knew her days were numbered.

Euron is the worst. Book euron was a true threat and will likely be a powerhouse in the book. The show made euron into Horny jack sparrow. Anyways his problem with jaime was simple, he was his chief competition to be with Cersei. But yah...they never really played this up like at all as to why they would battle to the death. Also yah the manner in which they found eachother was so contrived and so d&d. Idiots

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Ok guys,

This is exactly how the last episode will play out.

1) The Red Keep is still standing, the Iron Throne intact. Daenerys declares herself Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. She also declares that any Kingdom that questions her legitimacy will suffer the same fate as King’s Landing. Jon will unsuccessfully try to reason with her. Tyrion will warm Jon that his family will never be safe as long as she is Queen.

2) Daenerys will have Tyrion arrested for treason after finding out about him freeing Jamie and speaking to Jon. Tyrion awaits trial. Eventually executed.

3) Jon will be forced to kill Daenerys. He renounces his Crown and heads off to Castle Black.

4) A council is formed to select a new King. Brandon Stark becomes King of the Seven Kingdoms.

I think people think you're saying a personal prediction and not leaks from the internet. Leaks that have been spot on for episodes 4 and 5.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Jaime goes to winterfell as part of his redemption arc. He legitimately felt the white walkers were a threat and he needed to help the northerners to fight off the threat. He pleaded with cersei to go and warned her whoever won would eventually ravage kings landing if cersei went back on her word. He did the morally correct choice to fight in winterfell. His fling with brienne was a test to see if he can find love outside cersei, it didnt happen. So when hearing about the potential war that was about to go down, he made the decision to be with cersei as he knew her days were numbered.

Euron is the worst. Book euron was a true threat and will likely be a powerhouse in the book. The show made euron into Horny jack sparrow. Anyways his problem with jaime was simple, he was his chief competition to be with Cersei. But yah...they never really played this up like at all as to why they would battle to the death. Also yah the manner in which they found eachother was so contrived and so d&d. Idiots

Not a fan of what they did with Jaime. Actually, there's very little I like anymore about their angles.
Jaime seemed really disgusted by Cersei's action when she told him she lied about sending help. It's like it broke his heart. Add in the fact she sent Bronn to kill him after...
But hey, fine, go back, try to save her because he's pathetically in love. Give him a glorious death, not a ''let's run like cowards and oh-oh...path is blocked and the ceiling is collapsing on us now, let's hug it out.''.

His fling with Brienne was terrible. How do you go from Cersei to being attracted by Brienne....a butch man figure? I just couldn't by their attraction.

Man this season is bad...It's a bit simple for some people to forget and just get sucked into the hype that is GoT. They made people wait so long between seasons, some might have forgotten how this show became as popular as it has. When I look back at some scenes in the earlier years, it's like another show. It was so good. Right now?..Holy crap, it's a catastrophy....even some of the dialogue is just terrible. I feel when people are going to rewatch the series from beginning to end, marathon style, the contrast will be even more noticeable. The backlash is likely to get worse for those writers.
If they started the show in the same style as this year, I'd give it max 3 seasons before being canceled, and that's generous.

Last edited:

MC94

May 13, 2018
Dany & company invade the north. Jon kills Grey Worm, Dany loses her sh!t because that's her last disciple. She says dracaris, but the dragon wont burn Jon because he's the true Targaryn ruler. He bucks her off and nuzzles at Jon's feet. Aria comes running out of nowhere with Missandei's face on and kills her while she's in complete shock and dissary. Sansa and the Imp become King & Queen from Winterfell. Brienne become the hand. Sam the maester. Jon travels the globe on dragon-back. Bran sits and Aria goes back to Dorn to lead the faceless assassins.
I think that Drogon will burn Jon but his inner dragon will awaken and he will be unburnt and chop off Dannys stupid face after

Reactions: CAR3YPR1CE

MC94

May 13, 2018
Ok guys,

This is exactly how the last episode will play out.

1) The Red Keep is still standing, the Iron Throne intact. Daenerys declares herself Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. She also declares that any Kingdom that questions her legitimacy will suffer the same fate as King’s Landing. Jon will unsuccessfully try to reason with her. Tyrion will warm Jon that his family will never be safe as long as she is Queen.

2) Daenerys will have Tyrion arrested for treason after finding out about him freeing Jamie and speaking to Jon. Tyrion awaits trial. Eventually executed.

3) Jon will be forced to kill Daenerys. He renounces his Crown and heads off to Castle Black.

4) A council is formed to select a new King. Brandon Stark becomes King of the Seven Kingdoms.
Why would Jon go to castle black? Unless the Night King goes full on Iron Giant and comes back to life and decides to go back north there would litterally be no point

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Why would Jon go to castle black? Unless the Night King goes full on Iron Giant and comes back to life and decides to go back north there would litterally be no point
Night King? That’s 100% over with.

After he kills Daenerys, he will want nothing to do with the world, he’s going back to the North to live out his days with his northern friends.

MC94

May 13, 2018
Night King? That’s 100% over with.

After he kills Daenerys, he will want nothing to do with the world, he’s going back to the North to live out his days with his northern friends.
I know it is over with im just saying but I feel like the most likley scenario will be Jon chosen as the new king even though he doesn't want it, he is constantly being chosen to lead and he will reluctantly accept like usual
imo

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Farfetched? His head was sliced open!..

That theory says a faceless man willingly took the brunt of that decapitation for Littlefinger for convoluted and complicated reasons that actually make sense once you get down to it. It is farfetched, I'll give you that, but still possible.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
But..I mean...fine. Make him go to Cersei, why the **** does Euron absolutely want to kill him? So much so that he rather do that than get back to his Queen who he thinks is pregnant with his child, while she's under siege???

They completely fumbled the ball here. He left her last season because he realized she was a monster but I believe ultimately he still wanted to protect her and their kid. Even if she wanted nothing to do with the greater good, I guess he figured he'd better do something about it. At the same time,. this more or less completed Jaime's redemption arc.

The whole thing with Brienne also made some sense in that it appeared to have brought closure to that storyline BUT then they mess it up with him having the change of heart and going back to KL. Again, I will accept he still loves his sister, despite Bronn basically saying he was ordered to murder him and Tyrion, but the whole journey back to Cersei was done so half assed.

As for Euron, that was completely out of left field. Never mind the ridiculous convenience of everything you mentioned to setup that scene, but what absolutely pissed me off was WHY force feed us a showdown that had absolutely ZERO build up? It would have been far more appropriate for Bronn to just be waiting there and asking "where's my castle?"

I mean, that also would had been stupid also but would make a lot more sense than fighting Euron. In my opinion, Euron is a sack of self-presevating sh**. It would had made far more sense had he just simply bailed once his ship got sank. I get why he'd abandon Cersei because he comes off caring more about himself than caring about her or his potential baby.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
That theory says a faceless man willingly took the brunt of that decapitation for Littlefinger for convoluted and complicated reasons that actually make sense once you get down to it. It is farfetched, I'll give you that, but still possible.

But the Faceless men can only take the faces of people who are dead, so no, it doesn't make sense.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
But the Faceless men can only take the faces of people who are dead, so no, it doesn't make sense.

At one point in Arya’s training she was removing the faces from someone. The person had her face. It led to speculation that they might not need to be dead.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I know it is over with im just saying but I feel like the most likley scenario will be Jon chosen as the new king even though he doesn't want it, he is constantly being chosen to lead and he will reluctantly accept like usual
imo

That depends. If he actually has to kill the woman he loves, that might make him go into hermit mode in the north.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
imo
Jon is killing Daenerys and going into exile up north. He will want nothing to do with anything, he’s had enough.

Bran will be King of the Seven Kingdoms.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Its incredible how much solid acting, design, visuals, and a great score has been let down by truly terrible writing.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I was talking to a geek friend, he says the evolution of the characters has been bad for at least 2 years, ever since the screenwriters ran out of material from the books. In that case, we are eating the equivalent of watered down spaghetti sauce, watching this show. My geek friend says je me débarrasse des nouveaux épisodes en les regardant. He also says HBO offered the writers more episodes and they refused. There is still hope, the spin-offs! I really like how they deconstruct every character, maybe they'll do it better than in the last two seasons with more liberty.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC

They can use some limited kind of magic to help with their disguises, which they use to supplement the faces they take from dead people. They've been deeply-rooted in Braavos for centuries already and have a stock of masks that should easily reach the tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, so it's definitely possible for them to have one that is extremely close to the real thing. After putting on the mask, the faceless man would then use the tricks of his trade and some degree of glimmer to make it good enough to fool even the likes of Sansa Stark and the rest, as he has been trained to do ever since he first started on his path to serving the Many-Faced God.

Once again, it's possible but farfetched and it would be entertaining, so I'm rooting for just such a development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad