OT: Game of Thrones SPOILER Discussion - Here be tales of SPOILERS and drinking giant’s milk!!!

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
SPOILER WARNING FOR GAME OF THRONES - Exit NOW if you don’t want spoilers.

This is a temporary 2-week OT thread, PGT, GDT and PGT dedicated solely to discussing Game of Thrones as we approach the final episode and has been moderator approved.

If you haven’t caught up or see this thread for the first time prior to watching the final episode, STOP READING NOW.

This will be a thread with SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk. Otherwise, you are allowed to speak FREELY and say whatever is on your mind about the show, theories, insider news, and of course, SPOILERS.

I suggested this to be its own GoT SPOILER thread until the end of the month and for it to be merged with the main TV and movie thread at that time.

Please refrain from discussing GoT in the regular TV and movie thread as you may accidentally blurt a spoiler.

Note that spoiler tags are OPTIONAL in this thread, so be aware of that if it isn’t clear...

There will be SPOILER discussion.

(Yeah, this is a hockey forum, but since our viewing options are limited...)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
One dragon left.

How will it procreate.

#GOT Intrigue

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
I was hoping the Night King would make it to Kings Landing, but the episodes are still good, you can't please everybody unfortunetly
The actual events that are unfolding are fine and the cinematography is still incredible. But the season feel rushed. The Night king should have taken more than 1 episode to defeat, Kings Landing went down way too easily, more time should have been spent showing Dany's descent into the Mad Queen and Jaime going back to Cersei. A 10 episode season would have been a better choice to really flesh out all of this.

Sword

May 26, 2014
cefjw8p0xly21.jpg

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
:laugh: Never liked him, a whiny, sulky, glum bastard.

How did Arya and the Hound get to Kings Landing in less than an episode when last time they traveled it took an entire freakin season! I hate when they drag shit out in the beginning and realize they have to rush the ending to stay on time. It ruined the whole thing.

Also, screw the director and his epic fail in the pitch dark massive fight scene. Bran taking a joy ride in the body of a raven we get in 4k resolution but a fight scene that could have been one for the ages, they forget to budget for some light.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The actual events that are unfolding are fine and the cinematography is still incredible. But the season feel rushed. The Night king should have taken more than 1 episode to defeat, Kings Landing went down way too easily, more time should have been spent showing Dany's descent into the Mad Queen and Jaime going back to Cersei. A 10 episode season would have been a better choice to really flesh out all of this.

I agree. I still love the last episode for the cinematographpy though. Was really fun to watch.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Ok guys,

This is exactly how the last episode will play out.

1) The Red Keep is still standing, the Iron Throne intact. Daenerys declares herself Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. She also declares that any Kingdom that questions her legitimacy will suffer the same fate as King’s Landing. Jon will unsuccessfully try to reason with her. Tyrion will warm Jon that his family will never be safe as long as she is Queen.

2) Daenerys will have Tyrion arrested for treason after finding out about him freeing Jamie and speaking to Jon. Tyrion awaits trial. Eventually executed.

3) Jon will be forced to kill Daenerys. He renounces his Crown and heads off to Castle Black.

4) A council is formed to select a new King. Brandon Stark becomes King of the Seven Kingdoms.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm very curious to see how Tyrion will react to what Danaerys did. He was begging her not to continue the assault if they succeeded in ringing the bell and surrendering. And when she went on her rampage afterwards, he was shocked.

Snow kept saying he doesn't want the throne. I think witnessing what happened will force him to go for the throne because he won't accept her as his queen, even if it's all he's been saying all season.

Bold prediction that probably won't happen: Snow will kill Danaerys, give the Iron Throne to Sansa, and go live with the wildlings in the north.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I don't understand these types of petitions. Do they really think that HBO will remake the 8th season?

It's more about sending a message. I think most people know HBO won't re-do the most expensive season in TV history. Although, I wouldn't bet against there being people believing it will truly happen.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It's more about sending a message. I think most people know HBO won't re-do the most expensive season in TV history. Although, I wouldn't bet against there being people believing it will truly happen.

I get it. And surely there is a chunk of those people who are serious about wanting them to remake it. The problem with all of this is it's way too late to send such a message. Though it can be argued that there may not have been a reason for them to be this upset before.

Personally, I'm fine with how things have been going. I can see where things may feel rushed. But I think things have been building just fine.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
King Bran and BRONN as part of the council, lmao.

I’m hoping this last episode is the worst ~80 min of content in television history, purely for the lols I can have surfing the interwebs at work on Monday.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'm very curious to see how Tyrion will react to what Danaerys did. He was begging her not to continue the assault if they succeeded in ringing the bell and surrendering. And when she went on her rampage afterwards, he was shocked.

Snow kept saying he doesn't want the throne. I think witnessing what happened will force him to go for the throne because he won't accept her as his queen, even if it's all he's been saying all season.

Bold prediction that probably won't happen: Snow will kill Danaerys, give the Iron Throne to Sansa, and go live with the wildlings in the north.

Tyrion is written as a complete idiot now, Dumb and Dumber have ruined all the characters, especially his.

Reactions: BrendanGallagher11

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Dany & company invade the north. Jon kills Grey Worm, Dany loses her sh!t because that's her last disciple. She says dracaris, but the dragon wont burn Jon because he's the true Targaryn ruler. He bucks her off and nuzzles at Jon's feet. Aria comes running out of nowhere with Missandei's face on and kills her while she's in complete shock and dissary. Sansa and the Imp become King & Queen from Winterfell. Brienne become the hand. Sam the maester. Jon travels the globe on dragon-back. Bran sits and Aria goes back to Dorn to lead the faceless assassins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad