TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part XIII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
8d4f0856fafe.jpg

GRRM is going to have her burn that city and all its inhabitants to the ground as was always intended.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
The transformation of Daenyris continues this morning to leave a really bad taste in my mouth. I liked most of the episode, but her transformation to evil is one plot turn that I just can't get comfortable with--it seems almost like a violation of trust, a callous sacrifice of a character for the purpose of expedient story telling.
Circi wanted war and she got it ,

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
No thst was cut. People upset they didn’t fulfill book prophecies should never have whole sale transferred the stuff that was cut into the show. It was cut for a reason.

I'd be curious as to how many people confuse the two and forget which is in which. I had long been expecting Jamie to be the one to kill Cersei, but didn't realize that part of the prophecy was left out in the show. A good bit of foresight from the writers.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Just watched again

Pretty meh... I don't hate it but it not really good either.

Show Dany just too perfect for her to just flip like that.

Arya stuff is stupid...too many fake outs

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'd be curious as to how many people confuse the two and forget which is in which. I had long been expecting Jamie to be the one to kill Cersei, but didn't realize that part of the prophecy was left out in the show. A good bit of foresight from the writers.

It isn’t the only time they did this. They left a lot out of the House of the Undying. Specifically the bit that had to do with FAegon (presumably). Dragon does not have three heads in the show.

Only kept the snow/ash red keep, the wall, and Drogo.

The Azor Ahai stuff with Lightbringer and Neesa Neesa was also cut. Mel talks about the salt and smoke in season 2 and a couple of times after but that is about it.

A lot of mainstream websites introduced those elements to show only folks around season 4, and I think a lot of people just mixed it together and forgot it was never actually in the show.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
You also mentioned Genghis Khan and no he wasnt insane because his brutality had the ultimate goal to cause fear and convince other peoples to surrender and pay tributes to him. But I doubt he would have burnt one of the most profitable cities of the world completly to the ground. Thats just bad business.

You would be wrong... he destroyed Baghdad to the point it never recovered.., put the human civilization 1000 years in reverse as Baghdad had the most extensive library in the world and was home to all the intelligent scientist type people.
Siege of Baghdad (1258) - Wikipedia

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

So you mean coming at them above and through the clouds and sun isn't an advantage?
Also using the lack of adjustment speed against them?
Also that on the walls, she came at them from the side so turning to their right likely wasn't as easily accomplished and they had them facing that way because they can then aim them up or down and had a lot of them to cover the angle gap?
Or that she used the speed of her dragon, the height in which she came in, also flying lower to the water and adjusting her angles of attack far too quickly for them to adjust, after understanding the scorpions after the loss of her dragons?

Yeah man, super stupid.

Kind of like Euron flying off into the water with his leather armor on, swimming to shore and people not happy that he didn't have 100% energy to take on Jamie.

Man, what bollocks.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
You would be wrong... he destroyed Baghdad to the point it never recovered.., put the human civilization 1000 years in reverse as Baghdad had the most extensive library in the world and was home to all the intelligent scientist type people.
Siege of Baghdad (1258) - Wikipedia

Ok I am not an expert in history and especially not in mediveal asian history, my main point was not that any brutal ruler has to be insane anyway, but that danys very abrupt character development lets me to beleive that she is going mad. If she is just evil it really comes out of nowhere as she has been one of the more sympathetic characters in the show so far.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Welp, that was a crummy episode. Well made, well acted, but incredibly poorly written. Really dissapointing, this show deserved a great ending, and I don't think one more episode is going to drastically improve things now.

Say what you will about the writers of the show, but GRRM has to take a lot of the blame here. He assured HBO that he'd be done before they got to this point and they wouldn't have to write all this themselves. But I am really hoping GRRM finishes his books one day, I'd love to see what his ending would be. Not gonna even start them though until he is at least close to finishing the last book.

I will say though that everyone saying this season "ruins the show" is being overly dramatic. The first 7 seasons aren't going anywhere, seasons 3-4 in particular are brillant - regardless of what came after. I know I'll be watching episodes of this show for years to come.

While I'll probably move passed this episode eventually. I can't exactly fault people saying it ruins the show. It's a lot harder to be invested in say, Jamie's redemption arc when it literally amounts to nothing. That isn't to say he should go shack up with Briene but needs to be some significance. Tyrion is another example. He used to be clever and intelligent. This season he has made mistake after mistake, and for some inexplicably reason loves Cersei. No, I'm not buying the cheap baby crap. Instead, he's become an absolute moron seemingly on a whim. All so they could fit into this horrendously crafted narrative.

To some degree, I feel this does ruin the show. It doesn't make it unwatchable but the characters mean nothing now. Tyrion's an idiot, Jamie ignored seasons of character development, Arya is plot armor personified, Jon's a whipped fool and Dany may as well be renamed Hilter.

What a shame...

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So you mean coming at them above and through the clouds and sun isn't an advantage?
Also using the lack of adjustment speed against them?
Also that on the walls, she came at them from the side so turning to their right likely wasn't as easily accomplished and they had them facing that way because they can then aim them up or down and had a lot of them to cover the angle gap?
Or that she used the speed of her dragon, the height in which she came in, also flying lower to the water and adjusting her angles of attack far too quickly for them to adjust, after understanding the scorpions after the loss of her dragons?

Yeah man, super stupid.

Kind of like Euron flying off into the water with his leather armor on, swimming to shore and people not happy that he didn't have 100% energy to take on Jamie.

Man, what bollocks.
Sorry, didn't mean to offend you, David Benioff.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
I just saw the episode and liked it better than the others this season. Still not as good as they have been .

One thing they could have done is to have Dany and the dragon attack at night and just kill off all of the scorpions and ships. Like a terror bombing London blitz without searchlights . Would have been more believable after the Patriot missile defense of the last episode.

For the final I think Dany will try and have Jon executed by Dragon fire in front of everyone and lo and behold he doesn't burn! He is a Targ and everyone switches sides and supports him. Dany gets expelled with Grey Worm and sent back across the Narrow sea. Jon declines to be King and decides that the 7 kingdoms should be a democracy. Free elections are held across the 7 Kingdoms and Davos becomes the first prime minister in a landslide victory.
Jon is later seen wandering in to the North to be reunited with his wolf.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I just saw the episode and liked it better than the others this season. Still not as good as they have been .

One thing they could have done is to have Dany and the dragon attack at night and just kill off all of the scorpions and ships. Like a terror bombing London blitz without searchlights . Would have been more believable after the Patriot missile defense of the last episode.

For the final I think Dany will try and have Jon executed by Dragon fire in front of everyone and lo and behold he doesn't burn! He is a Targ and everyone switches sides and supports him. Dany gets expelled with Grey Worm and sent back across the Narrow sea. Jon declines to be King and decides that the 7 kingdoms should be a democracy. Free elections are held across the 7 Kingdoms and Davos becomes the first prime minister in a landslide victory.
Jon is later seen wandering in to the North to be reunited with his wolf.
That doesn't sound too unlikely TBH.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t think trying to burn him will work? She should already know that he can’t burn, yes?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I wonder if the subtle conflict between Jon and Grey Worm serves as the pretext for Dany to put Jon on trial for desertion/dereliction of duty and she tries to torch him? I think that might be how his true identity is revealed to the world at large.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I don’t think trying to burn him will work? She should already know that he can’t burn, yes?
He burned his hand when a wight almost killed both him and Jorah Mormond [the same kind of wights Jon killed hundreds of when he was chasing the NK in episode 3]. But they forgot all about the previous seasons so who the f*** knows right?

Reactions: Canada Drai

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland

Viserion technically died from extreme heat, when he was "crowned". So basically not all Targaryens are immune to fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad