TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part XIII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
httk813q00x21.jpg

Even if we disagree on the quality of the season, we have to agree the memes have been on point.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
So Jaime sent Edmure to Casterly Rock as a hostage to raise his son. Did the Unsullied free him? Potential ally for the North they missed out on imo

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
httk813q00x21.jpg

Even if we disagree on the quality of the season, we have to agree the memes have been on point.

Yet he failed to send a scout ship ahead of Stannis to see they were sailing into a trap.

The memes started strong this year, but once they become a tool to bitch they weakened. The Starbucks ones were very good though

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
The show would be much better if they spent their 50% of their visual budget on better writers.

Ever since season 5 or 6 they started to stop introducing new characters. This in my opinion, was a big mistake. Now they are stuck with the characters they do have and are too afraid of killing them off and filling their screen time. They use the golden company but where is Young Griff? Euron Greyjoy doesn't show up in the show, the atrocity that is in the show is not Euron. No Victarion Greyjoy. Where is Dorne? Who knows after the Sand Snakes disaster nobody knows where they are, basically left as a footnote in show.

They stopped including characters, now they are too afraid to kill of new ones because there are no replacements. This has been the case for multiple seasons now. Remember when they went North of the Wall with a bunch of main characters and nobody died because Danny teleported to them. What a f***ing disaster the show has become. Such a fall from grace.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
So Jaime sent Edmure to Casterly Rock as a hostage to raise his son. Did the Unsullied free him? Potential ally for the North they missed out on imo

Walder Frey mentions something about putting him back in a cell, so I think he's still at Riverrun as a prisoner.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Without weighing too much into book territory it would seem they converged the Young Griff and Jon storylines.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
They also mentioned last episode that Dany has been backed by the "new Prince of Dorne" (whoever the hell that is)

Dorne hasn't been involved in any of the fighting in any of the wars up to this point. Surely they should have levies to call upon.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Good grief. If the show did what you wanted it would be four or five seasons longer with vast stretches of literally nothing happening.

George himself admited he hasn’t finished the next book because the story is too big, with too many plot threads, and too many characters and it’s become too difficult to tie it back together.

Go theorize about how Euron is going to become a god in the book thread.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Yet he failed to send a scout ship ahead of Stannis to see they were sailing into a trap.

The memes started strong this year, but once they become a tool to ***** they weakened. The Starbucks ones were very good though
I'm not sure scouting ships are a thing, but either way that kind of misses the point.

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
I'm not sure scouting ships are a thing, but either way that kind of misses the point.

Davos is clearly part of Jon's team at this point. Dany was able to sail to Westeros without Davos. It would seem forced to me if they split up Davos and Jon for the last two episodes without apparent reason. He is a good sailor but he is also Jon's best counselor.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Charging into battles you aren't properly prepared for is a huge military strategy fail. Tyrion made Stannis pay for this mistake at the Blackwater by destroying his fleet, Stannis didn't learn anything and made the same mistake in the North by trying to charge down to Winterfell, Robb Stark made Tywin pay for this mistake over and over by baiting his armies into bad situations then crushing them (including doing it to Jaime at Whispering Wood), Jaime returned the favor to Daenerys/Tyrion by attacking an unprepared Highgarden while the enemy was focused on Casterly Rock, Euron did this to Yara by attacking her fleet when she was completely unprepared to be challenged, etc.

I don't think it makes any sense that Davos would have split from Jon at this point, he's Jon's advisor. Either way, people not adequately preparing for military engagements and paying the price for it has been a theme of the show since season 1.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
The entire reason I brought it up was as a "womp womp" meme and not a "wow D&D so bad" meme.

We can make jokes based on little observations of things and not have them be construed as an attack on the media itself.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
View attachment 226003

I feel like a moron for just now realizing the snow in this vision doesn’t need to be literal and could represent Jon.
The other one that has been bounced around a lot is that it's ash, not snow.

I have thought it was the "(Jon) Snow on the Iron Throne" thing for years though now. :laugh:

It's looking more and more likely that it's Jon inheriting a broken kingdom that Daenerys helped destroy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino