TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part X -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
ihebz.jpg

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
This would still not be great writing but maybe Varys/Tyrion could have told Jon what LF did to Ned when they met? The Eyrie people already hated him, so wrap something up there ahead of time where they are onboard to pledge to Sansa/Jon. Have Jon come back, announce that he knew what LF did, and behead him as punishment (continue that "pass the judgement/swing the axe" strength of Ned).

Less him getting out smarted, more him getting caught in an old web, by a former friend, that needed a strong Jon more then an alive LF?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I can’t tell if it would be amazing or incredibly stupid if the war with the white walkers ends and Jon+Dany are standing their together victorious and then Littlefinger comes back, stabs them both, and wins the Game of Thrones

Reactions: SimR

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Because it was terribly written and performed, and uncharacteristic for LF. The guy who started it all (death of Jon Arryn, dagger), the guy who had spies and ears in all of Westeros and Essos went out in the laziest and dumbest way possible.

He had nothing in North outside of Vale and the most savvy and calculating character as you call him ended up having to flee Kings Landing after his scheme put in power someone who he could not manipulate or control (Actually two people first Joffrey and then his mother)

Not very smart or savvy at all

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I can’t tell if it would be amazing or incredibly stupid if the war with the white walkers ends and Jon+Dany are standing their together victorious and then Littlefinger comes back, stabs them both, and wins the Game of Thrones
This sounds like "The Ultimate Showdown"

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Damnit. This Littlefinger thing has forced me to do nothing at work.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Even brilliant schemers can f*** up. I do agree that the way they did it in the show was rather clunky though.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Wasn't Arya given a coin to take to Bravos?
Maybe Littlefinger has always been a faceless man.

One theory is that Littlefinger was actually killed in his duel with Ned's brother, and then a faceless man took his face and identity

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
One theory is that Littlefinger was actually killed in his duel with Ned's brother, and then a faceless man took his face and identity
Do faceless men age? Littlefinger has aged from season 1. Him being faceless gives explanation to him knowing things. Could have been one of his girls at the brothal
If your killed wearing a face are you dead?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The question of what an "appropriate" death for Littlefinger would've looked like leaves me drawing a blank. He was the smartest person in the kingdom, so there's just no death that wouldn't have left behind the question of "why wasn't he smart enough to see that coming or at least get out of it?" Considering that, it seems to me that the next most appropriate way for a person like him to meet his end is by becoming a victim of his few weaknesses. Littlefinger had a weakness for Sansa and also had an ego that may've led him to believe that the girls, particularly Arya, were easy to manipulate. Because of those two things, I think that it's plausible that he wasn't as careful as he would've been in most other situations. Lust and underestimation seem to me like entirely plausible and classical reasons for even a genius to be done in. Perhaps it could've been written a little better, but the general idea makes some sense to me, at least as much as any other possible death.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
He had nothing in North outside of Vale and the most savvy and calculating character as you call him ended up having to flee Kings Landing after his scheme put in power someone who he could not manipulate or control (Actually two people first Joffrey and then his mother)

Not very smart or savvy at all

I'm prone to getting the two sources terribly confused these days but what I can say is at the point of divergence Littlefinger was Lord of Harrenhall, Protector of the Vale, and still in good standing with Kings Landing.

Who cares about Littlefinger though, he's dead and was never going to win anyways. The real best man in Westeros is Davos Seaworth!

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
The question of what an "appropriate" death for Littlefinger would look like leaves me drawing a blank. He's the smartest person in the kingdom, so there's just no death that wouldn't leave behind the question of "why wasn't he smart enough to see that coming or at least get out of it?" Considering that, it seems to me that the next most appropriate way for a person like him to meet his end is by becoming a victim of his few weaknesses. Littlefinger had a weakness for Sansa and also had an ego that may've led him to believe that the girls, particularly Arya, were easy to manipulate. Because of those two things, I think that it's plausible that he wasn't as careful as he should've been. Lust and underestimation seem to me like appropriate reasons for a genius to be done in. Perhaps it might've been written a little better, but the general idea seems classical and makes some sense to me, at least as much sense as any death that he could've faced.
Well put.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The question of what an "appropriate" death for Littlefinger would've looked like leaves me drawing a blank. He was the smartest person in the kingdom, so there's just no death that wouldn't have left behind the question of "why wasn't he smart enough to see that coming or at least get out of it?" Considering that, it seems to me that the next most appropriate way for a person like him to meet his end is by becoming a victim of his few weaknesses. Littlefinger had a weakness for Sansa and also had an ego that may've led him to believe that the girls, particularly Arya, were easy to manipulate. Because of those two things, I think that it's plausible that he wasn't as careful as he would've been in most other situations. Lust and underestimation seem to me like entirely plausible and classical reasons for even a genius to be done in. Perhaps it could've been written a little better, but the general idea makes some sense to me, at least as much as any other possible death.

I’ve always assumed his weakness for Sansa and his ego is what kept him around Winterfell making miscalculations and eventually getting himself killed.

Seemed pretty logical to me those things were his ultimate undoing.

If we see LF again, my suspicion is it will be Arya wearing his face in some scheme directed at Cersei.

Him being killed in such a public manner though would require many people to keep silent about his death...

Reactions: Tuggy

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
If you lot are expecting some sort of mastery twist to occur via D&D with LF, ya'll gonna be sorely disappointment.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I’ve always assumed his weakness for Sansa and his ego is what kept him around Winterfell making miscalculations and eventually getting himself killed.

Seemed pretty logical to me those things were his ultimate undoing.

If we see LF again, my suspicion is it will be Arya wearing his face in some scheme directed at Cersei.

Him being killed in such a public manner though would require many people to keep silent about his death...
100% this, idk if it will be at Cersei but she is gonna be using that face for so etching.

Also, what are the odds the faceless gods come after Arya?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The faceless men won't come after Arya. Jaqen seemed to be the "leader" of the group and seemed fine with her just leaving, so that entire plotline is closed.

Reactions: glovesave_35

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Because it was terribly written and performed, and uncharacteristic for LF. The guy who started it all (death of Jon Arryn, dagger), the guy who had spies and ears in all of Westeros and Essos went out in the laziest and dumbest way possible.
It kind of works as written though. Isn't it a very Game of Thrones thing to have a man who was so meticulous and moved so methodologically in his manipulation to have his undoing be by a simple misstep? That no one in Westeros is truly safe, regardless of how diligent they are?

Reactions: glovesave_35

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Littlefinger’s death would’ve been much more “appropriate” if he wasn’t found out by an all seeing wizard. It literally took magic powers for him to be undone. For a character as clever, conniving, intelligent, and manipulative as he was it was a cheap way to finish him off.

Imagine if the Mountain and the Hound have their big battle and just as it looks like Franken-Mountain is about to win, a dragon comes and eats him. Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad