TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part IX -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
He also didn't hang everyone who was involved, which were a lot more than just the ones who stabbed him. I think Davos, Tormund, and Jon only went after the leaders and key parts of the plot.
And Olly. Because f*** Olly.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Didn't Tormund kill one of the conspirators after Wun Wun broke the gate down? Or was that just some random guy?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Didn't Tormund kill one of the conspirators after Wun Wun broke the gate down? Or was that just some random guy?

Wun Wun killed an archer, but I don't remember Tormund killing anyone

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
What are the odds that Tormund and Wun Wun just happened to kill 2 of the 6 traitors?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just re-watched The Battle Of The Bastards and it's absolutely inexcusable that Wun Wun wasn't given any kind of weaponry

Had he had a telephone pole sized log to swing around, they probably wouldn't have needed the Knights of the Vale to save them

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
This may be nit-picking, but in the scene where Jon and Ramsay meet before the battle, Sansa had already left when Ramsay tells them his dogs haven't eaten in 7 days

After the battle when Ramsay is tied to the chair saying his dogs would never hurt him, Sansa reminds him that they haven't been fed in 7 days saying "you said so yourself"

How would she know he said that? It seems like an odd bit of information for someone to have passed along to her moments after the battle

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I think these are just continuity errors, it happens.

Jon Snow only hanged the actual named characters who stabbed him (Ollie, Alliser Thorne, Bowen Marsh and Othell Yarwyck) and they probably just forgot about the random dudes who stabbed him.

With the Sansa line they probably just forgot that she wasn't there when Ramsay said it.

Last edited:

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Just re-watched The Battle Of The Bastards and it's absolutely inexcusable that Wun Wun wasn't given any kind of weaponry

Had he had a telephone pole sized log to swing around, they probably wouldn't have needed the Knights of the Vale to save them
And armor.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007

I get why they did it. Wun wun would have wrecked the phalanax. That said, could they have solved the problem by giving him a club, have Ramsay's men figure out a way to light it on fire so wun win could have wrecked morme people with a flaming club, then gone on to drop it because he couldn't handle the heat/blistered hands or whatever? Maybe this could have been the best of both worlds.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Now halfway through season 5 and stuff finally starting to happen. Cercei about to get locked-up, Jorah and Tyrion soon to re-unite with Danny, little Sand Snake showing off her assets to Bron and then almost killing him, and Sansa going through hell. Things only going to get worse.

One great moment in episode 4 I think, is when Melisandre uses Ygritte's famous line when she leaves Jon. I'd forgotten how well it fit the situation,

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Watched the final EP last night again.The theory of littlefinger being a faceless man doesn't hold water.Can a faceless man have the memory of the identity taken? When littlefinger is accused of treason over the killing of Eddard Stark, his defence is "none if you were there" how would anyone else know that? Bran googled what actually happened.
Arya is the Norths kings guard, she sliced littlefinger with zero hesitation.She has turned into what the Hound was.
I loved how it was snowing in Kings landing and Castle rock when Jamie rode North.Should send a message to Cerci that winter is coming but wont.
During the meeting between Cerci and Danny ,the most powerful forces on that earth , why wasn't the even more powerful force on that earth The Iron Bank invited? Seems the Imp overlooked that ,as a Lanister he should know The Iron Bank has more power than Cerci.Danny had her army in Westeros ,Eurons navy is useless unless you travle by sea.Make those ass holes come on shore.Danny should have sunk those ships then talked about truce.
It's fun to rewatch because I always get a new viewpoint ,maybe im just slow :laugh:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just re-watched The Spoils Of War - the episode where Bronn shoots Drogon with Scorpion

But it occurred to me that I don't think that's a battle Bronn would've actually stuck around for

He even warns Jaime to leave because the Dorthraki are about to swarm them

It just seems to go against Bronn's nature to have stuck around for a fight they weren't going to win - especially after a fresh bag of gold was just handed to him

Keep in mind, he once refused to fight the Mountain on Tyrion's behalf in a trial by combat, so we know he's not careless with his life

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Jaime pretty much is his meal ticket though, so he does have a vested interest in keeping him alive. He says it himself after he saves his dumb ass after charging Drogon (after apparently swimming quite a ways underwater dragging an armored man with him, but that's a whole other can of worms).

Reactions: TD Charlie

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Just re-watched The Spoils Of War - the episode where Bronn shoots Drogon with Scorpion

But it occurred to me that I don't think that's a battle Bronn would've actually stuck around for

He even warns Jaime to leave because the Dorthraki are about to swarm them

It just seems to go against Bronn's nature to have stuck around for a fight they weren't going to win - especially after a fresh bag of gold was just handed to him

Keep in mind, he once refused to fight the Mountain on Tyrion's behalf in a trial by combat, so we know he's not careless with his life

As mentioned above he needs Jaimie, previously Tyrion, to support him. When he denied fighting the Mountain it was also because Cersei was backing him, he has since had it all taken back from him

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Jaime pretty much is his meal ticket though, so he does have a vested interest in keeping him alive. He says it himself after he saves his dumb ass after charging Drogon (after apparently swimming quite a ways underwater dragging an armored man with him, but that's a whole other can of worms).

What good is having a meal ticket if you're dead?

"One misstep and I'm dead. Why should I risk it?... I like ya... I just like myself more" starting at the 2:57 minute mark

If Bron isn't willing to fight the Mountain, he's definitely not sticking around to face a dragon

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
As mentioned above he needs Jaimie, previously Tyrion, to support him. When he denied fighting the Mountain it was also because Cersei was backing him, he has since had it all taken back from him

Jaime had just given him a bag of gold

Nobody is sticking around at that point to fight a fire breathing dragon

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Well let me be the one to say it, on HBO's Game of Thrones Bronn in some aspects just became a bad character that they started using for convenience. I mean he's an incredibly fun character and Jerome Flynn does an amazing job playing him, but the writers took that popularity and overplayed their hand turning him into some sort of invincible badass which really doesn't fit with the initial show premise of being grounded in reality.

His primary introduction was when he championed Tyrion at the Vale , an experienced mercenary who took a chance on a golden opportunity and defeated a knight in a 1 on 1 duel. But that was done more through craftiness than an overwhelming martial prowess, he just evaded his opponent who was wearing full plate mail until he got tired. Then at some point the show writers took the popularity of the character and ran away with it, to the point that Tyrion could use him to intimidate two (was it two?) members of the Kingsguard at the same time 'Bronn if he speaks again kill him', and they shut right up. When Jamie needs to infiltrate Dorne to rescue Myrcella, Bronn alone is the only guy he needs and it's worth promising him a castle to secure his services.

Bronn's actual accomplishments don't put him anywhere near that stratosphere. He'd probably have about as much success against The Mountain as Han Solo would against Darth Vader. He worked great with Tyrion early on in the series, but they started stretching him later on into that and really went over the top when Jamie began to rely on him.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I agree also the Dothraki were on them before they knew what happened.He would have been run down with ease and killed. He had to fight.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Well let me be the one to say it, on HBO's Game of Thrones Bronn in some aspects just became a bad character that they started using for convenience. I mean he's an incredibly fun character and Jerome Flynn does an amazing job playing him, but the writers took that popularity and overplayed their hand turning him into some sort of invincible badass which really doesn't fit with the initial show premise of being grounded in reality.

His primary introduction was when he championed Tyrion at the Vale , an experienced mercenary who took a chance on a golden opportunity and defeated a knight in a 1 on 1 duel. But that was done more through craftiness than an overwhelming martial prowess, he just evaded his opponent who was wearing full plate mail until he got tired. Then at some point the show writers took the popularity of the character and ran away with it, to the point that Tyrion could use him to intimidate two (was it two?) members of the Kingsguard at the same time 'Bronn if he speaks again kill him', and they shut right up. When Jamie needs to infiltrate Dorne to rescue Myrcella, Bronn alone is the only guy he needs and it's worth promising him a castle to secure his services.

Bronn's actual accomplishments don't put him anywhere near that stratosphere. He'd probably have about as much success against The Mountain as Han Solo would against Darth Vader. He worked great with Tyrion early on in the series, but they started stretching him later on into that and really went over the top when Jamie began to rely on him.

In fairness though, you don't know what Bronn's accomplishments were prior to first appearance on the show

He's been north of the wall, he first killed someone at the age of 9, was it? His backstory is quite the mystery which allows the writers some leeway when it comes to current heroics

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I agree also the Dothraki were on them before they knew what happened.He would have been run down with ease and killed. He had to fight.

That simply isn't true unless you think the Dorthraki are riding much faster horses

And why would any Dorthraki leave the field of battle to chase down a lone rider on horseback that has a 2 minute head start?

Bronn even tells Jaime to get back to King's Landing, so he obviously thought there was enough time to escape (3:48)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad