TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part IX -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
They just panicked and blew it up because those episodes with Jaime and Bronn in Dorne were the worst rated episodes in the entire series because the Sand Snakes are so cringe

NjIOZWK.gif

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I can never forgive D&D for what they did to Dorne.

Bonu points for casting Alexander Siddig and giving him 5 lines, no development and allegedly offering him a hand shake deal moving forward, and then reneging on it.

Extra bonus points for teasing Areo Hotah's fighting ability and remembering how to use his longaxe, then having him stabbed in the back by a little girl

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
For whatever reason I was really disappointed with the last season. I'll finish it up and it's a good TV show but I think I'll be more interested in that spinoff because I really enjoy shows that explore the fantasy world created by an author or director.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Last season moved at like 2-3 times the pace the other seasons do. Dialogue and plot wasn’t quite as well thought out. They really should’ve done the last two seasons of this in 3-4 seasons.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I don't even expect that much from this season. At this point I just hope the ending makes sense and is fully fleshed out.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
For whatever reason I was really disappointed with the last season. I'll finish it up and it's a good TV show but I think I'll be more interested in that spinoff because I really enjoy shows that explore the fantasy world created by an author or director.

Because they clearly rushed it.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Well I finally cracked and started season 5. Two episodes in, let's get this show on the road. That's not the Winterfell I remember...big trouble ahead.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Yep. Could’ve easily made two seasons out of the last season. I don’t understand why they’re rushing it when successful shows normally love to milk the product as long as possible.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Yep. Could’ve easily made two seasons out of the last season. I don’t understand why they’re rushing it when successful shows normally love to milk the product as long as possible.

The show's creators don't want to do it anymore

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

I don't even know if it's that so much as they pretty much have to figure out the problems Martin himself can't seem to figure out. Plus it's gotten away from the political machinations, world building, and character development (which are the strongest parts of both the source material and the show) to a full blown fantasy series with zombies, dragons, and magic.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I don't even know if it's that so much as they pretty much have to figure out the problems Martin himself can't seem to figure out. Plus it's gotten away from the political machinations, world building, and character development (which are the strongest parts of both the source material and the show) to a full blown fantasy series with zombies, dragons, and magic.

It was always heading in that direction though

And as much as I've loved every minute of the character development and political plots, I'm ready to see the war between the living and the dead

Reactions: BeSeeingYouSeattle

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
they shudda done full 10 ep seasons. wouldnt have taken more years that the show runners and cast prob didnt want to invest in and it would have provided 7 more episodes to slow things down to the pace that the first 6 season went.

Reactions: glovesave_35

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I've been re-watching the series and something struck me as odd

6 men of the Night's Watch stab Jon Snow, and yet only 4 members of the Night's Watch are executed for it

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Perhaps Jon didnt know who else stabbed him
He also didn't hang everyone who was involved, which were a lot more than just the ones who stabbed him. I think Davos, Tormund, and Jon only went after the leaders and key parts of the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad