TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part IX -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Yes they were. The entire thing was a scheme to get Littlefinger to over play his hand due to overconfidence, and of course he did because he thought he was in control. Sansa would have never sent Brienne away if she was afraid of Arya, but she wasn't afraid of her at all. Arya was repeatedly lying about both her own motivations and what she thought about Sansa, and Sansa of course caught onto the lies because they were obvious to anyone who knows Arya (but wouldn't be to anyone else). Sansa was also repeatedly lying to Littlefinger and leading him on. Bran provided some additional leverage to get rid of him beyond the Lysa and Jon Arryn scheme.

Sorry you didn't get this, but it is what happened. It was poorly done because the writers were going for a fake out, which I don't think worked that well.

This is completely wrong. They said there was a deleted scene where Sansa goes to Bran to find out the truth because she was genuinely actually considering having Arya imprisoned.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This is completely wrong. They said there was a deleted scene where Sansa goes to Bran to find out the truth because she was genuinely actually considering having Arya imprisoned.
By "they" you mean Issac Hempstead Wright made an off the cuff remark about a scene they filmed and he just assumed motivation. Last time I checked he didn't write that episode, any of the ones before it, or any of the characters.

We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran’s door and says, “I need your help,” or something along those lines. So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she’s like, “Oh, s—.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Sansa knows Arya would never have wanted to be the Lady of Winterfell, anyone who knows Arya would know that, hell Littlefinger should know that too.

Bran had dreams of being the three eyed raven in the first book, it wasn't just introduced now to move the plot along, although he is a very powerful character in that sense.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not like they needed a legit reason to off him.
Lord Royce, who de facto leads The Vale, would have likely fallen in behind Sansa in any dispute as well. Bran's testimony helped seal that, but it's not like he even likes Littlefinger who was only Lord Protector because of a Lannister deal.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Lord Royce, who de facto leads The Vale, would have likely fallen in behind Sansa in any dispute as well. Bran's testimony helped seal that, but it's not like he even likes Littlefinger who was only Lord Protector because of a Lannister deal.
Arya had already offed Walder and his whole family without a trial.The moment she found out Littlefinger was in Winterfel his days were numbered.
He didn't need to be out done by two teenage girls or a google Bran ,just a moment alone with Arya.
Plus Sansa watched him kill her aunt at the vail and had him in her back pocket.Sansa was THE only friend he had left in the world .Even though Littlefinger saved the day at the BOB his act wore thin quick.Sansa tuned him out and mocked him about having the last word.
Way I view him he wasn't great a GOT , He was always grasping and in over his head.Then fell for a stark girl whom he betrayed the family numerous timrs and her personally.Dude should have been killed in the Vail.

Reactions: glovesave_35

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

I took the plotline as Blender did. The girls were littlefingering Littlefinger. I remember when Arya was confronting Sansa in the room, telling my wife, "This conversation isn't meant for Sansa. Arya knows it's going straight to LF's ear."

As someone else mentioned, your "they said" was a guy who saw "Bran I need your help" and used those 5 words to build a whole story of what he speculated was edited out.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Rewatching series lately and I gotta say

Robb deserved his fate

Preaching honor and showing himself to be man of no honor countless times including his breaking of vow to Lord Frey and the double standard he applied to Karstark vs his mother (She was not punished for freeing Jamie Lannister ,, His honor should have compelled him to behead her)

Great contrast to Jon

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I took the plotline as Blender did. The girls were littlefingering Littlefinger. I remember when Arya was confronting Sansa in the room, telling my wife, "This conversation isn't meant for Sansa. Arya knows it's going straight to LF's ear."

As someone else mentioned, your "they said" was a guy who saw "Bran I need your help" and used those 5 words to build a whole story of what he speculated was edited out.
Arya Stark: I wonder what it would feel like? To wear those pretty dresses. To be the Lady of Winterfell. All I'd need, to find out... is your face.
To add to it, this Arya quote from when she is playing the game of faces with Sansa is a straight up lie. Arya wants none of those things and never has. Also, the conversation between Sansa and Littlefinger below, Sansa is not responding truthfully, she is lying. None of her answers fit with Arya's character, even the one Sansa knew from years ago.
Littlefinger: Sometimes when I try to understand a person's motives, I play a little game. I assume the worst. What's the worst reason they could possibly have for saying what they say and doing what they do? Then I ask myself, "How well does that reason explain what they say and what they do?" So, tell me what's the worst thing she could want?
Sansa: She could want me dead because she thinks I wronged my family.
Littlefinger: Why did she come to Winterfell?
Sansa: To kill me for marrying our enemies and betraying my family.
Littlefinger: Why did she unearth the letter Cersei made you write?
Sansa:
To provide proof of my betrayals. To provide justification after she murders me.
Littlefinger: And after she murders you, what does she become?
Sansa: Lady of Winterfell.

Great contrast to Jon
Absolutely. Jon is so much more like Eddard than Robb was. Jon essentially compensated for being a bastard for being the most prototypical Stark he possibly could be. Jon would sacrifice anything for the greater good, and he sacrificed both his love and his life for it in the end, while Robb sacrificed the greater good for his personal feelings. Robb was a great tactical battlefield commander, but he couldn't keep the respect of his men due to his personal failings.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
To add to it, this Arya quote from when she is playing the game of faces with Sansa is a straight up lie. Arya wants none of those things and never has. Also, the conversation between Sansa and Littlefinger below, Sansa is not responding truthfully, she is lying. None of her answers fit with Arya's character, even the one Sansa knew from years ago.

Absolutely. Jon is so much more like Eddard than Robb was. Jon essentially compensated for being a bastard for being the most prototypical Stark he possibly could be. Jon would sacrifice anything for the greater good, and he sacrificed both his love and his life for it in the end, while Robb sacrificed the greater good for his personal feelings. Robb was a great tactical battlefield commander, but he couldn't keep the respect of his men due to his personal failings.
As soon as Sansa said Arya wanted to be the Lady of Winterfell it was obvious she was playing LF. With how smart LF is though he should have known Arya was never interested in being the Lady of Winterfell though.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Being dumb wasnt Neds problem but yeah Littlefinger was smarter but I doubt about Ned's own family
Didn't say he was dumb.

I don't think it hard to believe Ned would not know his youngest daughter's life aspirations. He was basically a medieval feudal lord. Essentially a duke in our fantasy world here. Seems perfectly believable. Also seems plausible that schemester Littlefinger knows more about Arya than Ned. It was his business to know everyone's business.

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
Didn't say he was dumb.

I don't think it hard to believe Ned would not know his youngest daughter's life aspirations. He was basically a medieval feudal lord. Essentially a duke in our fantasy world here. Seems perfectly believable. Also seems plausible that schemester Littlefinger knows more about Arya than Ned. It was his business to know everyone's business.

I think it would be pretty far fetched to think Littlefinger knew more about Arya compared to her own father especially since Littlefinger only met her (once?) as a child and she hasn’t been a part of the main plot for many years. It may have been his business to know about many peoples lives, but the aspirations of a child before she went missing or was presumed dead would be hard for him to know. I also don’t see any plausible reason Littlefinger would actually know anything about Arya at all unless Sansa talked about her to him which I don’t see as something that happened.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I think it would be pretty far fetched to think Littlefinger knew more about Arya compared to her own father especially since Littlefinger only met her (once?) as a child and she hasn’t been a part of the main plot for many years. It may have been his business to know about many peoples lives, but the aspirations of a child before she went missing or was presumed dead would be hard for him to know. I also don’t see any plausible reason Littlefinger would actually know anything about Arya at all unless Sansa talked about her to him which I don’t see as something that happened.
Maybe you are right. Change "more than" to "as much as" and I think you've got a believable scenario.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Gonna start a re-watch this week. Timing should work out good for the Season 8 premiere.
I started mine last year, but went slow after a binge of Season 1. Now at episode 3 of Season 7. Had a laugh in episode 2 when Cersei is trying to convince the Lords that the coming hordes and Snow are going to burn the villages and rape your women; she reminded me of someone, can't put my finger on it, something about a wall? :laugh:

Reactions: Dubi Doo and Tuggy

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Jamie looks to be in Robbs armor.

The leather appears much different to me unless you are specifically talking about the metal portion, looks like JL is no longer wearing the high end royal gear and is wearing something a more regular warrior of the time would wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad