TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part V -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers or Leaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
An armistice does absolutely nothing for Dany, and everything for Cersei.

It's a contrived excuse to keep the Lannisters around for the end game. Dany has been able to wipe the floor with Cersei from day one, and we're being fed progressively poorer excuses as to why she's not doing it.

Sloppy writing.

Yup...hell how are the Dothraki going to survive the North anyway? No grass for their horses, and no clothes for the cold.

Other tidbit nobody has seemed to notice, Jon just found out about Bran. In the same sentence he learns he saw the army of the dead marching towards East Watch. So Jon with no backstory on 3ER assumes Bran was out sledding with friends and saw this?

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Yup...hell how are the Dothraki going to survive the North anyway? No grass for their horses, and no clothes for the cold.

Other tidbit nobody has seemed to notice, Jon just found out about Bran. In the same sentence he learns he saw the army of the dead marching towards East Watch. So Jon with no backstory on 3ER assumes Bran was out sledding with friends on saw this?

Good point. Didn't the maesters also get a raven which filled them in to some extent on the 3ER stuff? I know it's possible Jon got a different message but it would be strange to publicize the 3ER to everyone else and not to Jon. My assumption is that Jon knows at least something about the 3ER stuff and just didn't address it at that moment.

Last edited:

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
My theory on how The gang gets a White back to Kings Landing.

The Seven lose the fight against the Whitewalkers and are basically forced to retreat. One of the "Seven" sacrifices himself and dies, turning into a Whitewalker and they bring them back down South as good of proof as you can get about how the Whitewalkers are made and that they're real.

Gendry or Jorah both make sense to do this.

Jorah makes the most sense. Dany's reaction seeing that.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Hard to say what Jon learned from the letter. Doesn't really matter either way; nobody's going to lie to him, so he can take "Bran's alive and saw some ****" at face value.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Good point. Didn't the maesters also get a raven which filled them in to some extent on the 3ER stuff? I know it's possible Jon got a different message but it would be strange to publicize the 3ER to everyone else and not to Jon.

Yes. Jon knows what a warg is and has no reason to believe anyone up North would lie.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I'm also getting sick of the "omg don't use your dragons the people will hate you" excuse. It gets weaker every time it's used.

Aegon the goddamn Conqueror torched everything from Dragonstone to Oldtown and still built a stable dynasty that lasted for centuries.

Team Dany has looked dreadful this season.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Dany is walking a fine, and most likely impossible, line where she wants to "break the wheel" but yet wants/needs everybody to bend the knee so she can do it. The problem is to the people of Westeros she's just a foreign invader and daughter of the Mad King. Using the dragons isn't going to win her many hearts and minds, but not using them and drawing the war out could be just as devastating to the people she's "liberating" as burning King's Landing to the ground and demanding all of Westeros bend the knee.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I just don't understand what exactly he's trying to do. Is he just going to find some random dead bodies and hope they're ones the WW have gotten so they can reanimate like the ones brought to Castle Black? Or is he going to try and capture a fully animated wight? Pretty tricky to do since they tend to come in large numbers.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Other tidbit nobody has seemed to notice, Jon just found out about Bran. In the same sentence he learns he saw the army of the dead marching towards East Watch. So Jon with no backstory on 3ER assumes Bran was out sledding with friends and saw this?

He did see a warg in action first hand though.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Nope. Someone is dying to help the rest get away.

If it is Davos, I Riot. If it is Tormund I Riot.

**** I Riot for all these guys.
Davos didn't even go North of the Wall.

Gendry, Jon, Tormund, Hound, Beric, Thoros, and Jorah.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Jon's plan is really really ****ing dumb

Tyrion's plan*

Also, people who are saying the "why doesn't Dany just go North with a Dragon and see the WW's for herself" stuff...

It's not Dany they need to convince, she already believes. It's Cersei. And I think Tyrion is right that the only way they convince Cersei is by bringing actual proof.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I just realized.. Jon and Arya aren't siblings anymore :(

744148f92eea149ce36b844cac050a93.png

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The fact that everyone on the show seems to believe that showing Cersei a wight would make her stop doing Cersei things is baffling to me.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Davos didn't even go North of the Wall.

Gendry, Jon, Tormund, Hound, Beric, Thoros, and Jorah.

It's a good thing they brought back Gendry and Beric and Thoros, to make "losses" possible while actually being completely expendable

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I wanted to expand my thoughts from last night on the R+L reveal

This show seriously, utterly needs to do an episode on this. (the actual Rhaegar/Lyanna back story).
From everything i gathered though from this show. Â*

Lyanna was a tomboy.

Something happens at Harrenhal that she dresses up as the Knight of the Laughing Tree and defends the bully. I'm assuming that Rheagar finds out, and this is the first time he "meets" Lyanna

We don't know how long the Tourney of Harrenhall was - but it was long enough for Rhaegar to give Lyanna the crown of winter-roses and crowns her the Queen of Love and Beauty (or whatever this is called)

we know from Selmy that Rhaegar was some sort of a romantic/every day man (would sing songs for money, and then give it to the poor, or can go get drunk LOL). From Robert/Ned - it sounds like Rhaegar "took" Lyanna Â*(which - as we see from Visyerios - who could be 'nice' before he turned all i want to smack you around) and Dany who went from v. sweet girl to "bend the knee or be barbeque") the truth can be somewhere in the middle.Â*

GRRM takes a lot from history, so I am wondering if this is a nod to Henry/Katherine of Aragon/Anne Boleyn. annul/divorce the first marriage (thus, bastardizing Elia and his previous two children - making me wonder if Elia evenÂ*knewÂ*if her marriage was annulled. - I'm leaning towards no, because she got Mountain'ed - where if I think she knew, she would have taken her children to Dorne - where ******** are respected and still held in a good light).Â*

I am wondering if this just really whirl-windy Â*for Lyanna. LikeÂ*whenÂ*specifically did Mr. Stark and Brandon find out about Lyanna and Rhaegar (to the point they had to go to Aegon, and where they met their end). Was there any kind of note? They obviously ignored whatever the note said (if there was one).Â*

All of this is still bringing up so many questions because ... we just. don't know the minuate. is this what Littlefinger said (did all of this start because Rhaegar justÂ*hadÂ*to have Lyanna) - or is it more shades of grey. Lyanna didn't stop and think thatÂ*allÂ*of this could happen. and more importantly, would it have mattered had she (or he) had known?Â*

Like i don't want to believe that they were happily marrried. but I don't get the feeling this was a Bolton/Sansa relationship either.

God i love this show.Â*

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I wanted to expand my thoughts from last night on the R+L reveal

This show seriously, utterly needs to do an episode on this. (the actual Rhaegar/Lyanna back story).
From everything i gathered though from this show. Â*

Lyanna was a tomboy.

Something happens at Harrenhal that she dresses up as the Knight of the Laughing Tree and defends the bully. I'm assuming that Rheagar finds out, and this is the first time he "meets" Lyanna

We don't know how long the Tourney of Harrenhall was - but it was long enough for Rhaegar to give Lyanna the crown of winter-roses and crowns her the Queen of Love and Beauty (or whatever this is called)

we know from Selmy that Rhaegar was some sort of a romantic/every day man (would sing songs for money, and then give it to the poor, or can go get drunk LOL). From Robert/Ned - it sounds like Rhaegar "took" Lyanna Â*(which - as we see from Visyerios - who could be 'nice' before he turned all i want to smack you around) and Dany who went from v. sweet girl to "bend the knee or be barbeque") the truth can be somewhere in the middle.Â*

GRRM takes a lot from history, so I am wondering if this is a nod to Henry/Katherine of Aragon/Anne Boleyn. annul/divorce the first marriage (thus, bastardizing Elia and his previous two children - making me wonder if Elia evenÂ*knewÂ*if her marriage was annulled. - I'm leaning towards no, because she got Mountain'ed - where if I think she knew, she would have taken her children to Dorne - where ******** are respected and still held in a good light).Â*

I am wondering if this just really whirl-windy Â*for Lyanna. LikeÂ*whenÂ*specifically did Mr. Stark and Brandon find out about Lyanna and Rhaegar (to the point they had to go to Aegon, and where they met their end). Was there any kind of note? They obviously ignored whatever the note said (if there was one).Â*

All of this is still bringing up so many questions because ... we just. don't know the minuate. is this what Littlefinger said (did all of this start because Rhaegar justÂ*hadÂ*to have Lyanna) - or is it more shades of grey. Lyanna didn't stop and think thatÂ*allÂ*of this could happen. and more importantly, would it have mattered had she (or he) had known?Â*

Like i don't want to believe that they were happily marrried. but I don't get the feeling this was a Bolton/Sansa relationship either.

God i love this show.Â*

I think it is entirely possible Elia knew, Oberyn even says Rhaegar "left her for another woman" - so he seemed to know

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Thoros and Berric's fire swords
nn

Fire kill wights but we don't know if it can kill WW.The Night King and his buddies walked right through a wall of fire when they attacked the 3ER cave

But we haven't seen a WW eating a fire blade straight through the heart so perhaps it can kill them that way.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Yup. Tyrion asked Daenerys to recall the Unsullied last episode, but she brushed him off. Dorne has no clear succession, so while they still may be a natural supporter of Daenerys it could take a while for whatever factions pop up to consolidate power. The Sand Snakes seized power by force (as laughable as that entire story line was), someone else will try the same now.

Ellaria is still alive. Imprisonned but alive. Maybe they will negociate her release at the Wight Summit because they will need Dorne army to join the fight against the WW ?

I doubt Cersei would ever agree to this but who knows ? Just theorizing here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad