TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part V -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers or Leaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
So who's dying beyond the Wall? Thoros and Beric for sure. Maybe Tormund. Can't see Jorah or Gendry biting it since they just showed up. Obviously not Jon. Hopefully not the Hound.

Beric's been brought back from the dead a bunch of times, so I think it's possible he has a large role to play down the stretch

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The Rhaegar nugget was huge.

Other than that, I find the "secret mission to kidnap a zombie" plot terribly contrived and, frankly, silly.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The Rhaegar nugget was huge.

Other than that, I find the "secret mission to kidnap a zombie" plot terribly contrived and, frankly, silly.

I like what it's setting up but to be honest Dany could've just flown super high beyond the wall to see the army for herself. But that would be too convenient.

Oh well. The mission should be entertaining.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Character in fantasy series makes improbable escape. Completely ridiculous.:sarcasm:

Im willing to forgive Euron's multiplying magical fleet and cloaking device, Qyburn being a master of everything, teleportation etc, but Jaime and Bronn avoid drowning and then having the energy to walk back to Kings Landing without being discovered by the thousands of the Dothraki on horseback is just really hard to fathom.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Why didn't Bran tell Jon who his real parents are. It's kinda important for the situation he's in.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Why didn't Bran tell Jon who his real parents are. It's kinda important for the situation he's in.

1. He's not going to trust something so important to a raven
2. The information is still kinda of useless until its proven the marriage between Rhaegar and Lyanna was legitimate.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Lots of awesome fan service in the episode. Gendry with a warhammer with a stag, his greeting with Jon. Just like Ned and Bob except Jon's king.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Im willing to forgive Euron's multiplying magical fleet and cloaking device, Qyburn being a master of everything, teleportation etc, but Jaime and Bronn avoid drowning and then having the energy to walk back to Kings Landing without being discovered by the thousands of the Dothraki on horseback is just really hard to fathom.

Well they got to the end of the water far from the fighting...that part was questionable but I mean...the Dothraki likely weren't going in that direction. They had Tarly roasting to watch.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Well they got to the end of the water far from the fighting...that part was questionable but I mean...the Dothraki likely weren't going in that direction. They had Tarly roasting to watch.

Tarly toast..Drogon kind of switched the toaster to 10.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

I mean given theyre at war, wouldnt it be wise to send some of your (numerous) soldiers out to search the area for survivors who fled the battle? Even if Dany didnt know that was Jaime, wouldnt she think "some guy almost killed me and than dove into the water, I'll send some search parties to look for him and any other survivors"

I'll move on from it but that bothered me more than anything else in the entire series.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean given theyre at war, wouldnt it be wise to send some of your (numerous) soldiers out to search the area for survivors who fled the battle? Even if Dany didnt know that was Jaime, wouldnt she think "some guy almost killed me and than dove into the water, I'll send some search parties to look for him and any other survivors"

I'll move on from it but that bothered me more than anything else in the entire series.

I just don't think it's that implausible to think they slipped away. Bronn swimming Jaime out 300 feet away dressed in full armor is different. They should've framed the escape differently.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This episode was quite clunky. Very rushed.

I can accept most things... but what's going on up North is so poorly done. The men that are proud and swore to Jon, their king, are already turning on him? Didn't he explain what happened and why he left? Aren't Northerners the most loyal of them all? Seems very inconsistent. Even if it is under the persuasion of LF, they hate LF. So unless he has some kind of magic that uses his maxed out charisma as a range of effectiveness, it just doesn't seem believable.

Also, Arya was blind, trained to fight simply from senses, such as, sound. Yet she isn't aware that LF was outside that door? She was also not aware that she was spotted. I feel like her training was fairly rigorous and those skills don't just work by switch, they become innate. On top of all that, apparently he's been having her watched or somehow is always aware of her presence, so is LF also a faceless man?

I just can't buy this BS surrounding LF. Unless he turns out to himself be a user of magic or some other unique "thing" it is just getting silly.

EDIT: To add to that, in a prior episode they made a point to show the Ravens squawking at LF, a sign that he's being watched. So not only has he eluded a trained assassin, he has done this while avoiding the gaze of a being that sees ALL. LF's attempts can directly hinder the ability to fight what is coming, which directly conflicts with the TER as he is there to help defeat the white walkers. Seems legit.
LF probably put it there for Arya to find it. Her fight with Brienne showed a lot about her, such as her cockiness, and LF's presence during that scene was emphasized. All he really had to do was acquire that note publicly and wait down the hall after leaving his room. Under a mattress is also the first place anyone would look. Plus he wouldn't be waiting there anyway unless he thought she was going to break in as soon as he left.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Lots of awesome fan service in the episode. Gendry with a warhammer with a stag, his greeting with Jon. Just like Ned and Bob except Jon's king.

Holy ****! Not only was it fan service, the basically ripped off College Humours idea! Different cast, but same idea, starting at 1:50 (1:30 is pretty damn relevant too :laugh)

Also anyone else have a laugh when Davos said to Gendry 'I thought you might be still rowing' :laugh:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I love that the Magnificent Seven are going raiding but wow, what a terribly contrived way to set that up. Dany and Cersei agreeing to an armistice, lol.

Show would be better off with the Lannisters getting wiped out and focusing on the war vs. the walkers and maybe Sansa v. Jon drama up north.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I like what it's setting up but to be honest Dany could've just flown super high beyond the wall to see the army for herself. But that would be too convenient.

Oh well. The mission should be entertaining.

She believes them at this point, but still won't help unless Cersei agrees to the armistice.

Jon's willing to do crazy **** to get her support (and more).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I love that the Magnificent Seven are going raiding but wow, what a terribly contrived way to set that up. Dany and Cersei agreeing to an armistice, lol.

Show would be better off with the Lannisters getting wiped out and focusing on the war vs. the walkers and maybe Sansa v. Jon drama up north.

Cersei agreeing to the armistice makes a lot of sense though. She realized she is ****ed unless she comes up with a clever plan.

This gives her time to plot.

Don't at all see how your way is better.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I thought so too

The whole tension in the north thing seems forced

It really isn't though. We saw last season that the Northern Lords are not as loyal as you would think.

Plus the Vale really has no reason to be this loyal to Jon. Them being tense with Jon riding off on his own makes sense.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
- More signs of Dany going full mad queen.

- More signs of Dany falling for Jon, but also..... maybe Jorah too??

- "I thought you might still be rowing" :biglaugh:

I think you should allow it when it's part of the "Histories and Lore" series that are on the DVD releases

100% agree.

I think it's more of will a dragon survive?

What's the end game for the dragons? Their own island?

Good question. It's hard to imagine an ending where they just live happily ever after next to Dany, eating like 500 pounds of meat a day.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Cersei agreeing to the armistice makes a lot of sense though. She realized she is ****ed unless she comes up with a clever plan.

An armistice does absolutely nothing for Dany, and everything for Cersei.

It's a contrived excuse to keep the Lannisters around for the end game. Dany has been able to wipe the floor with Cersei from day one, and we're being fed progressively poorer excuses as to why she's not doing it.

Sloppy writing.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
It really isn't though. We saw last season that the Northern Lords are not as loyal as you would think.

Plus the Vale really has no reason to be this loyal to Jon. Them being tense with Jon riding off on his own makes sense.

Also it's not like Northern Lords, even if they believe Jon about the White Walkers, would necessarily be all in with everything he proposed. In comparison Sansa has made their livelihood concerns much more present, while bringing back the influential Vale Lords in her counsel. It makes sense that some of them would prefer that way.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I really don't like the Cersei/Jaime storyline. I guess we'll see where it goes, but another pregnancy? What's the point of that? At first blush it seems like an attempt to raise drama where none is needed rather than properly advancing the characters.

Jamie told her there was no child to leave anything to. It's obvious she tried to get pregnant...or she's lying.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

The fact that it helps Cersei doesn't give it any credibility when it does absolutely nothing for Dany. It's a contrived excuse to send a team of badasses north of the wall (which will probably be awesome to watch) and keep the Lannisters in the game a bit longer. Sloppy writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad