TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part VI (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Would have made for a better ending for sure. Getting a bit tired of episodes ending with Dany trying to look like a badass. I have no problems with her doing empowering speeches and and screaming her 3379021 nicknames but it shouldn't always end an episode. It has been done to death already

She is such an obvious hero for the story that I'm convinced that it's a red herring. Her story has had set backs for sure, but she always comes off as this great, heroic person who is going to win in the end. I've been leaning more towards her going down a dark path and becoming a villain.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
With all these Dany is GOAT scenes I have to assume she will somehow mess up her (again) powerful situation (huge army, at least one dragon etc.).

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
With all these Dany is GOAT scenes I have to assume she will somehow mess up her (again) powerful situation (huge army, at least one dragon etc.).

There are as few as 17 episodes in the series left.

Don't think we're going to hit many stumbling blocks from now to the end.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
There are as few as 17 episodes in the series left.

Don't think we're going to hit many stumbling blocks from now to the end.

Oh yeah? She parades back with an army of Dothraki, only to find out that Dothraki and Unsullied just don't get along. Mass chaos ensues.

What then? :sarcasm:

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Regarding Daenarys, for what it's worth, Jack Bender (director eps 5 and 6) says: "At the end of the scene, you should be somewhat roused by her and a little horrified. She's not Hitler at Nuremberg... but she's got the power".

Quote is at 11:50. Seems a lot like they're trending in the direction of conqueror Dany rather than breaker-of-chains Dany.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Hutton's posts

tumblr_inline_n3w3udYuRx1rnvvfh.png

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Dany the Mad Queen next?

That would actually be one of the best thing to do and i for one certainly hope they go with it.

Her burning the Khals and the flashbacks of Bran about the Mad king shouting "Burn them all" could be hints that they are going in this direction.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It would make some sense for her arc. She clearly didn't learn how to become a better ruler. Hell the city fell apart and she essentially bolted.

Her rediscovery is that she is a better conquerer than a queen.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I would love for mace to be a master lightsaber, I mean swordsman. The rainman of Westeros or a drunken master of sorts

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Mace needed someone to guide his own horse.

I love Mace. Of course he needed Olenna to explain what happened.

Queen of Thorns is a boss for showing up at the potential front lines of a battle.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I think it is more likely she isn't as heroic as we are being lead to believe and has more mad King in her than she thinks.

Her path has been the same from the get go, nothing has changed. Having the Dothraki follow her instead of their normal course of action is probably better for everyone.

I don't see this turn everyone is referring too. The Khals held her against her will and paid the price. Toppling a current regime is not really heroic unless their rule was oppressive. She's freeing slaves but other than that not really different than any of the others.

Dany doesn't seem to get the politics side of ruling. Can't wait to see what she thinks of Tyrion's decisions. Where will she find trusting lords to rule the kingdoms.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It would make some sense for her arc. She clearly didn't learn how to become a better ruler. Hell the city fell apart and she essentially bolted.

Darrio outright said it, she's a conqueror. She doesn't belong in a chair ruling, she should be out taking things. Leave day to day ruling to others such as Tyrion.

Mace needed someone to guide his own horse.

I love Mace. Of course he needed Olenna to explain what happened.

Queen of Thorns is a boss for showing up at the potential front lines of a battle.

Olenna is the true head of House Tyrell. Always been that way.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Which is why Tyrion is a perfect fit as an advisor. He's as good as anyone to rule, and she's as good as anyone to conquer. Deadly duo, but she might become insane like her father, forcing someone to kill her in the end for the greater good.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I would've thought most feminists tuned out GoT long ago, after the way most of the women on the show were treated. :laugh:

The womens are about to get their revenge though. Arya is likely coming to Westeros to wipe some ass , Sansa is on the march to take back Winterfell and exert some revenge on Ramsay , Cersei will likely let zombie Mountain loose on the faith soon enough , Dany just burned the Khals etc

So turning Dany heel wouldn't be too bad

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The High Sparrow story has dragged on far longer than I expected. It's getting annoying.

Is it? To me it's very interesting, he's playing the game better than anyone. He basically brainwashed Tommen and maybe Margaery too. He's in control, he runs the city and managed to get Jaime out of the way. Olenna and Cersei can't do anything about it.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
He doesn't have to be a ranger. The food portion is enough.

This is his brother
a-former-gryffindor-lands-his-biggest-role-to-date-as-sam-tarly-s-brother-in-game-of-thro-604220.jpg

People suspect Tyrion to be a secret Targ but Samwell has a better case

What does this have to do with Sam being a Targ/Stark or some magical person?? Sam isn't as active as his brother is, obviously. Sam doesn't move much unless he needs to, and that normally under duress. Sam's a fat guy, who is going to be a fat guy because his calories out aren't as much as his calories in. It was true when he was at home, and it's true at The Wall.

Also, being a Ranger means that you're constantly expending energy, and eating only what you hunt and kill. Sam is not a ranger, and that was the point. He's been on one(?) expedition North of the Wall. Other than that, he's been at Castle Black the entire time. So, he's not really 'caloried out'.

I feel like I'm conversing with a crazy person.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Is it? To me it's very interesting, he's playing the game better than anyone. He basically brainwashed Tommen and maybe Margaery too. He's in control, he runs the city and managed to get Jaime out of the way. Olenna and Cersei can't do anything about it.

Agreed. Plus Pryce is one of the best actors on the show right now. He has been excellent since he appeared on the scene.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Who was the guy that Walder Frey told to re-take RiverRun from Blackfish? The who said it wasn't his fault, and that he 'lost' it. Was he ordered to take Edmure with him to Riverrun to dangle in front of Blackfish?

Yes and those are both Frey sons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad