TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
raf,420x400,075,f,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Hopefully Jorah can find some concoction as well.

Like someone else said, the wights are on their tail undoubtedly, and someone or something would certainly have to intercede on their behalf in either hiding them, or helping them escape. There's the possibility that Bran 'wakes up' and warg's into an animal that can carry both Meera and himself, or a third party assists. I'm kinda interested in knowing how they escape their pursuers.

It was a dick move by D&D*, warts and all.

(Dick & Dong).

So my 'theory' is that TER not only 'downloaded' his knowledge into Bran, but also his conciousness/soul, either in part or whole, in order to continue assisting/guiding Bran going forward, with the visions, etc.

I think there was something Bran said that he warged into someone or something and felt the presence of another in that mind as well. So, maybe there's room for Bran and TER inside Bran's headspace?

Maybe this is how TER has 'existed' for so long. He occupies green-seers with exceptional ability through the ages and guides them or guides the goings on of the day, for the end-game that's coming up?

Just a thought.

That's a really interesting theory, like he started off as a person and over the years has become a hivemind of sorts

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think Jorah has two potential destinations. Qyburn as he has been shown to be the medical wizard in the world (and mad scientist).

Would put Jorah in KL and potentially become a plague bomb.

Other option is he goes to Oldtown and the Citidal as it is the biggest sorce of knowledge in the world.

There his story intersects with Sam and lots of new possibilities open up.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
That's a really interesting theory, like he started off as a person and over the years has become a hivemind of sorts

That's what i'm thinking. I think a part of him is retained in the others minds, and in that way, the original lives on to do the work set out from the start.

I think a piece of the 'collective' knowledge, etc, may have been imparted to Bran, which is why he was under for so long, and wouldn't wake up, even after he clearly stopped warging into Hodor at the end.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Two things i'd like to note. I don't think that the 3 eyed raven was 'uploading' his knowledge on to Bran like some seem to belive, more like he was showing him one final vision about what happened to Hodor so he'll understand and learn what kind of an impact he can have.

The other thing is about Sansa and Littlefinger. I don't think he's tricking Sansa into anything, he really wants to make up to her but more than that just wants to get on her good side. So if the Blackfish and Tully's did take back Riverrun she'll start to at least beliving him a bit. Also he won't go back to Vale with the army, he'll likely show up just in time at winterfell to turn the battle and secure the win for the good guys (despite Sansa telling him she doesn't want his/Vale's help) and in turn hopes Sansa will be grateful seeing they won the battle with his help she won't tell the lords (mainly Royce and Robyn) it was actually Littlefinger who gave her to Boltons. If he manages to accomplish this to keep his actions secret he'll be able to start doing his own thing again. Just my opinion though.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
That's what i'm thinking. I think a part of his is retained in the others minds, and in that way, the original lives on to do the work set out from the start.

I think a piece of the 'collective' knowledge, etc, may have been imparted to Bran, which is why he was under for so long, and wouldn't wake up, even after he clearly stopped warging into Hodor at the end.

There is precedence for that. Didn't Orell, the warg that Jon killed after climbing the wall, warg into his eagle before dying? I think I remember the bird attacked Jon later in the show and Tormund said something like "Orell's stuck in there and he hates you."

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I agree with you but just saying that Jon as a Baratheon isn't as tinfoil(ish) as some are suggesting. It does have some merit.

It has zero merit, unless wild speculation and opinion counts as merit.

Casting doubt on Jon's Targ heritage does not lend support to Jon being a Baratheon. It only casts doubt on his Targ heritage, which let's be real, there's no denying that at this point. There is a ton of support for R+L=J. That theory has been around since the beginning of time.

Moreover, Jon is continually described as looking like Arya, who's a spitting image of Lyanna. There is no line of dialogue anywhere in any medium that points to Jon looking like, or in any way behaving like a Baratheon. Please stop with this madness.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I think Jorah has two potential destinations. Qyburn as he has been shown to be the medical wizard in the world (and mad scientist).

Other option is he goes to Oldtown and the Citidal as it is the biggest sorce of knowledge in the world.

Does Jorah know about Jon? I know he knows about his father's death.

It would be really interesting if Jorah, while searching for a cure, learns about the WW threat to Westeros, and then goes back and tells Dany.

What would Dany do? Would she abandon her quest to take over Westeros, or would she fight to protect what she feels is her birth-right? Now that would make for some interesting watching, and perhaps tie the Jon and Dany storylines together somehow.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Does Jorah know about Jon? I know he knows about his father's death.

It would be really interesting if Jorah, while searching for a cure, learns about the WW threat to Westeros, and then goes back and tells Dany.

What would Dany do? Would she abandon her quest to take over Westeros, or would she fight to protect what she feels is her birth-right? Now that would make for some interesting watching, and perhaps tie the Jon and Dany storylines together somehow.

As of right now No one in Dany's camp seems to know about Jon or anything that is happening at the wall, including the WW.

Could serve a lot of purposes. We don't know what Sam is going to learn about the WWs but maybe even dragons and all sorts of other goodies. If Jorah was there he could relay the real threat to Dany.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Sam's dad could be such a putz to him, that Sam could go to Dany himself.

Can you imagine -- Samwell Tarly marching at the front of a conquering army?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yes, but they're specifically angry about his death now.

I think what the thing is Ellaria pointed it out is that King Doctor Bashir never did anything period. Oberyon's sister (who was beloved apparently) was treated like crap, raped, and killed, and the children killed by the Mountain. King Doctor Bashir did nothing.

Then Oberyon was murdered (because Oberyon was a dumbass, might I add), and that STILL didn't make a move. So I think she's just angry that King Doctor Bashir never did ANYTHING.

but picking Oberyon's death as the straw that breaks the camel's back is kind of misplaced.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think what the thing is Ellaria pointed it out is that King Doctor Bashir never did anything period. Oberyon's sister (who was beloved apparently) was treated like crap, raped, and killed, and the children killed by the Mountain. King Doctor Bashir did nothing.

Then Oberyon was murdered (because Oberyon was a dumbass, might I add), and that STILL didn't make a move. So I think she's just angry that King Doctor Bashir never did ANYTHING.

but picking Oberyon's death as the straw that breaks the camel's back is kind of misplaced.

Yes, this is the reason they took over. Dorne has been slighted and stepped on over and over again and Doran has never retaliated in any way. It was just presented poorly on the show, and the bad acting and writing didn't help.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
From the other thread: supposedly spoilers from the rest of the season have been leaked online. I'd be careful about aimlessly reading everything GoT related, not expecting to find anything.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

It would be cool if he and Jon Snow meet up at some point. What with Jon having his old sword and the connection to his father and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad