TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
From the other thread: supposedly spoilers from the rest of the season have been leaked online. I'd be careful about aimlessly reading everything GoT related, not expecting to find anything.

Noooo. I think I just saw one over on Reddit. :damnpc:

I guess no more fun reading the hilarious Bran theories over there now.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Am I the only one that thinks Jorah goes the way of Benjen? Off on a mission and that's it. No end, no nothing. We can all happily speculate that he's out there searching so he can go back to Dany but we all know that he's dead.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
This leak stuff pisses me off and just makes me wish HBO would release the whole season at once.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I can't wait for people who read the spoilers to post stuff and pretend it's speculation. :laugh:

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
il_570xN.1027379813_10kr.jpg

Omg this is brilliant but oh so heartbreaking.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
If you guys can leak me the episodes I will watch them and report spoilers

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I don't think the episodes were leaked, I think it was just spoilers. Something about someone who knows someone at HBO. Sounds like ********, but I'm not gonna verify.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I know there was a masked guy who put up a YouTube reading spoilers before episodes aired and HBO sent copyright notices to those videos. It was legit spoilers too.

Not sure if this is the same guy just leaking on Reddit and stuff now.

The episodes themselves haven't been leaked as far as I know. Just what happens in turn (not sure how much or how many episodes and I don't want to know haha)

Reading spoilers is the worst. Stuff gets taken out of context and can create false expectations.

Imagine reading the Hodor spoiler before watching it. On paper it sounds rather corny, but in practice it worked really well.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I read the spoilers. I wish I didn't, what a moron. I couldn't help it, I was too curious.
It won't be as much fun watching the remaining episodes.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't think the episodes were leaked, I think it was just spoilers. Something about someone who knows someone at HBO. Sounds like ********, but I'm not gonna verify.

It's not it seems. Didn't read all the spoilers, but they are from a few weeks ago and he correctly said how Osha and Hodor would die, and how the COTF created the White Walkers.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
This brings up another problem. What if someone is legitimately speculating about what might happen, and they are actually right? Maybe whoever has read the spoilers can just PM a mod to remove the post quietly, rather than yelling 'SPOILERS!', which would then turn honest speculation into a real spoiler.

I mean, I kinda have some ideas about what could happen next, but I don't want to say anything in case I'm right.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This brings up another problem. What if someone is legitimately speculating about what might happen, and they are actually right? Maybe whoever has read the spoilers can just PM a mod to remove the post quietly, rather than yelling 'SPOILERS!', which would then turn honest speculation into a real spoiler.

I mean, I kinda have some ideas about what could happen next, but I don't want to say anything in case I'm right.

It's a good point. The show is setting things up enough that reasonable speculation should lead to some correct answers.

Could always after the fact it. If someone speculates something that seems a stretch with the current information but they end up right. High percentage chance they are a rat.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The leaks surrounding this show, even during filming, are unreal.

This season is unknown territory for book readers and TV show watchers alike. Makes perfect sense that there would be a lot of drooling over spoilers. Some of us have been waiting 15+ years for some theories to be either confirmed or denied.

With that said, though, no one has anyone to blame but themselves for spoiling the rest of the season. Avoid Reddit and 4Chan like the plague, and you'll be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad