TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part V (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This season is unknown territory for book readers and TV show watchers alike. Makes perfect sense that there would be a lot of drooling over spoilers. Some of us have been waiting 15+ years for some theories to be either confirmed or denied.

With that said, though, no one has anyone to blame but themselves for spoiling the rest of the season. Avoid Reddit and 4Chan like the plague, and you'll be alright.

It is also one of the biggest shows going right now(and most pirated) so that adds to it as well.

I can't think of another show going that has had to deal with this to this extent.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
It is also one of the biggest shows going right now(and most pirated) so that adds to it as well.

I can't think of another show going that has had to deal with this to this extent.

I can't remember a show being this popular and talked about period. Maybe Lost, in the beginning, had similar hype and speculation.

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc. were phenomenon shows, sure, but different. Everyone is watching and talking about Game of Thrones. Everyone.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I can't remember a show being this popular and talked about period. Maybe Lost, in the beginning, had similar hype and speculation.

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, etc. were phenomenon shows, sure, but different. Everyone is watching and talking about Game of Thrones. Everyone.

It's true and honestly will there ever be a TV show that captures audiences like got had ? That's why I can't understand why people want to spoil it for themselves. I imagine reading all the spoilers would be like sex with an ex, after you're done reading it you just feel regret.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Pretty sure that grudge was there before Oberyn died....wasn't he introduced initially as already hating the Lannisters for an earlier attack on his family?

Yeah for Elia Martell and the kids.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It has zero merit, unless wild speculation and opinion counts as merit.

Casting doubt on Jon's Targ heritage does not lend support to Jon being a Baratheon. It only casts doubt on his Targ heritage, which let's be real, there's no denying that at this point. There is a ton of support for R+L=J. That theory has been around since the beginning of time.

Moreover, Jon is continually described as looking like Arya, who's a spitting image of Lyanna. There is no line of dialogue anywhere in any medium that points to Jon looking like, or in any way behaving like a Baratheon. Please stop with this madness.

So because you don't agree with it, it's madness. Cool.

I don't read the books and Arya is nothing like Jon in the TV show. Jon has more resemblance to Meera. Probably just a casting thing.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
So because you don't agree with it, it's madness. Cool.

I don't read the books and Arya is nothing like Jon in the TV show. Jon has more resemblance to Meera. Probably just a casting thing.

If you don't read the books, then you're working off limited information. I can understand the confusion, sure.

But let me be clear in stating that there is zero support for Jon being a Baratheon. Zero. You're looking way too much into random physical similarities between two totally unrelated characters here.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
I don't think the episodes were leaked, I think it was just spoilers. Something about someone who knows someone at HBO. Sounds like ********, but I'm not gonna verify.

Just to clarify, having read them, they are real. They include predictions for episodes that have aired that are exact. Don't read them thinking they will be BS

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Perhaps bran has already gone back to toj and knows what's up, so we won't see any toj scenes but bran can tell Jon

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Perhaps bran has already gone back to toj and knows what's up, so we won't see any toj scenes but bran can tell Jon

Bran has to get south of the wall first, which should be slow going considering it is just Meera pulling that sled (and they have an army of wights chasing them).

If that is where Bran is going. Does he still have the Night King's Mark? Will it let them get through the wall?

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I suppose.

I have a hard enough time getting through any scene with Ellaria....her "resting ***** face" is infuriating. :banghead:

It's not resting.... that's the real deal :laugh:

Do we think the Sand Snakes make an appearance next episode to ruin the Lannister's plans or is just just a total setup by Cersei?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
The only spoiler that should be allowed in here is to tell thee is only one done scene in the next 5 eps. That scene better be that girl taking off her top again and that's it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's not resting.... that's the real deal :laugh:

Do we think the Sand Snakes make an appearance next episode to ruin the Lannister's plans or is just just a total setup by Cersei?

Would be odd as there is already so many different parties involved. We have the faith, the Tyrell armies, gold cloaks and the Lannesters. We don't need Sand Snakes on top of it.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Bran has to get south of the wall first, which should be slow going considering it is just Meera pulling that sled (and they have an army of wights chasing them).

If that is where Bran is going. Does he still have the Night King's Mark? Will it let them get through the wall?

I don't think the mark prevents Bran just allows the WW, just like Bran was inside the cave and nothing changed

I also think Cersei allowing the Tyrell army in KL is her mad king letting Tywin in moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad