TV: GAME OF THRONES Leaks discussion - SPOILERS

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
What's the point? Democratic elections are the way to go? Dany and Jon are being set up as contenders for the throne but neither are suited.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
What's the point? Democratic elections are the way to go? Dany and Jon are being set up as contenders for the throne but neither are suited.

In the world of ASOIF, the idea of democracy in Westeros is about as foreign to them as aliens on mars would be to us.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
In the world of ASOIF, the idea of democracy in Westeros is about as foreign to them as aliens on mars would be to us.

I get it but here we are. The council essentially elects the new king (Bran of all people). I'm going to actually hold off on calling him king though because I wouldn't be surprised if he has some other title.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
If the leaks are true, Jon probably gets the best ending, just ****ing off North with Tormund, the wildlings, and Ghost. And wouldn't he then be the 1000th Lord Commander? Or was Edd just kind of Lord Commander unofficially?

Why would there still be a Nights Watch with a giant hole in the wall and no white walkers left?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Why would there still be a Nights Watch with a giant hole in the wall and no white walkers left?

Why would Bran be named King and Bronn Master of Coin?

I defended the first 4 episodes, but if the leaks turn out to be true, I might turn heel faster than Dany.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

I defended the first 4 episodes, but if the leaks turn out to be true, I might turn heel faster than Dany.

Heh I only started to read the leaks because I checked out after Episode 3. Its quite sad when watching the final few episodes (of a once potential all-time great show) has become a chore.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

It's like they took a look at who was left and decided we gotta stick 'em somewhere!

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
This ending is complete ass.

Though spinoffs of jon and tormund in the north or arya to the west would be goldmines.

Frankly I'd rather see new characters.

I was never on the Jon bandwagon but this season ruined him. Arya wouldn't work either because I see her character evolving into something else in the books

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Frankly I'd rather see new characters.

I was never on the Jon bandwagon but this season ruined him. Arya wouldn't work either because I see her character evolving into something else in the books
Assuming the books ever come out.

As for me,idk. I can't see myself investing myself into anymore stories or new characters that these two clones have any control over.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Assuming the books ever come out.

As for me,idk. I can't see myself investing myself into anymore stories or new characters that these two clones have any control over.

yeah I'd bail as well, might do it anyways unless it's critically acclaimed

done it with many shows and films

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
The real question is when will Disney axe the dummies from the Star Wars project? The hatred of them is at an all time high and with the quality of the SWs films that have already released how in the world are they going to market a movie with these idiots writing it?

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
The real question is when will Disney axe the dummies from the Star Wars project? The hatred of them is at an all time high and with the quality of the SWs films that have already released how in the world are they going to market a movie with these idiots writing it?
The same way they marketed the last 4 star wars projects with the internet up in arms....by using the star wars name and logo. The general public is always going to eat up anything star wars. That's why Disney paid what they did. It's an infallible money printing machine.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
But who's going to be the heir after Bran, given he can't have children? Doesn't make any sense. Jon will be happy as a clam going back north and possibly start rebuilding the wall in time for the next NK.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Please, please let the leaks be true again this week, can't wait to see all the reactions. YAAAASSSSSS Slay Queen! LMAO

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Please, please let the leaks be true again this week, can't wait to see all the reactions. YAAAASSSSSS Slay Queen! LMAO

They will be. Wait until the world finds out about that finale. It’s going to be epic

The petition to redo season 8 is already over 700k signatures and will easily be a million by Sunday at 11pm

Reactions: JK3

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
They will be. Wait until the world finds out about that finale. It’s going to be epic

The petition to redo season 8 is already over 700k signatures and will easily be a million by Sunday at 11pm

I was a late comer to GOT and it took me a while to get into it, after season 7 I was pretty meh about it. They lost me even further after the 2 year layoff. Of course I was pumped to see all this stuff wrapped up with this last season but they lost me after episode 3. After episode 5 I just don't care any more and now rooting for a full implosion lol.

That being said I kinda feel bad for some of the hardcore fans that invested a lot of time into the show. I'm a pretty casual fan an even I'm like WTF are they doing lol.

Reactions: The Shadow

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
The same way they marketed the last 4 star wars projects with the internet up in arms....by using the star wars name and logo. The general public is always going to eat up anything star wars. That's why Disney paid what they did. It's an infallible money printing machine.
Is that why Rian Johnson is directing The Rise of Skywalker?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I was a late comer to GOT and it took me a while to get into it, after season 7 I was pretty meh about it. They lost me even further after the 2 year layoff. Of course I was pumped to see all this stuff wrapped up with this last season but they lost me after episode 3. After episode 5 I just don't care any more and now rooting for a full implosion lol.

That being said I kinda feel bad for some of the hardcore fans that invested a lot of time into the show. I'm a pretty casual fan an even I'm like WTF are they doing lol.

Unfortunately GOT is like a lot of shows who just can't stick the landing when it comes to the ending. Despite how action packed the battle against the Night King and the sacking of King's Landing was I'm struck but how "small" both feel in retrospect. Not to mention the unfortunate turns several characters have taken. I'm dreading Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: JK3

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Is that why Rian Johnson is directing The Rise of Skywalker?
I don't know what that has to do marketing. You or I could direct it and it would be a blockbuster. Casual fans i.e. the vast majority of movie goers have no clue who is directing these giant movies and the director sure isn't a selling point.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Unfortunately GOT is like a lot of shows who just can't stick the landing when it comes to the ending. Despite the action packed the battle against the Night King and the sacking of King's Landing was I'm struck but how "small" both feel in retrospect. Not to mention the unfortunate turns several characters have taken. I'm dreading Sunday.
Unfortunately it wasn't just the landing they couldn't land. Half of middle and all of the final act have been a cluster. We really shouldn't of expected anything else though since they had half a story with the build up and world setting being the easist part.

Reactions: Duke33 and JK3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad