GDT: GAME LXVII: Avs @ Canucks: 10PM (MT)

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
The Avs lost, & I get to read about how great Quinn Hughes is.

2816100e-56e3-4754-b506-a4f55f141809_text.gif

I’m all for objectivity, but if I want to discuss the greatness of Hughes, McDavid, Draisaitl, Dahlin, etc, & how no one on the Avs belongs on the same ice/is worthy to hold their jock I’ll peruse their team, or the general forums.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
This tweet still bugs me. The Avs miss two open nets and numerous grade A scoring chances and it’s deemed a shutdown performance.

And what potent offence did they face? Nate MacKinnon and his band of AHL’ers?

Can’t wait for this team to get healthy.

Top notch analytics hire by the Athletic. Also shares Ryan Clark's gift of just the worst Twitter.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Damn you are playing late.

Yeah, we rent the last hour of ice on the schedule at a rink that one of our friends is the zamboni driver and he also closes the rink on weekends. So that means our rented hour is 12-1 AM, but we play until 2:30/3 then help him out; clean dressing rooms quick while he cleans the ice.

Works out well and I’m allowed to have two water bottles on my net; one with water, the other with ice cold beer. Can’t complain.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Yeah, we rent the last hour of ice on the schedule at a rink that one of our friends is the zamboni driver and he also closes the rink on weekends. So that means our rented hour is 12-1 AM, but we play until 2:30/3 then help him out; clean dressing rooms quick while he cleans the ice.

Works out well and I’m allowed to have two water bottles on my net; one with water, the other with ice cold beer. Can’t complain.
It’s a cool set up. The boys must be wasted after playing 2.5hr+, unless you have more than 2 lines playing or everyone is in top shape.

For me I’m too old for that, been there done that. I enjoy my Friday 6:30 start. Perfect time go out after or catch an Avs game.

Edit: What are you doing up? :laugh:

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
It’s a cool set up. The boys must be wasted after playing 2.5hr+, unless you have more than 2 lines playing or everyone is in top shape.

For me I’m too old for that, been there done that. I enjoy my Friday 6:30 start. Perfect time go out after or catch an Avs game.

Edit: What are you doing up? :laugh:

We do 4 v 4 and just use one bench for extras, it’s only for fun. We take smoke breaks and everything, it’s very leisurely lol.

have a 4 month old. I stayed out late, baby got up at like 7 AM. No chance my wife is letting me off the hook of that one after being out late. :laugh:

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
I didn't watch the game. Our lineup was way too depressing. Figured if we come out with a surprise W I'll just see it in the morning; I'm on the east coast so I could use the sleep.
I will say that I am not surprised to see the overreactions here and I bet some Canucks fans are feeling a little too good about it too.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
We do 4 v 4 and just use one bench for extras, it’s only for fun. We take smoke breaks and everything, it’s very leisurely lol.

have a 4 month old. I stayed out late, baby got up at like 7 AM. No chance my wife is letting me off the hook of that one after being out late. :laugh:
Yikes, that’s tough! Hang on!:thumbu:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
While Makar is out we need to change the PP setup. G on top doesn’t work because teams disregard him. Then they overload Mack. Strike two. Then Landy can’t one-time, strike 3.

Let’s put Mack at the top of the umbrella.

Nuke Landy

Compher/Don Namaste/G

Mack

Crowd the net and let Mack fire bombs.

Reactions: AvsFan29

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Who knew that hitting 4 goals now for the Avs would be a tough task lately. I want to watch skill hockey again. Injuries are making my blood boil

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Looking back on this one, it’s more evidence that this Avs team is far better than last year.

Too often last year the Avs were outplayed and found a way to win because of their overwhelming top-end skill. This season, they are consistently outplaying their opponents.

Even with most of their elite players missing, the Avs played a fairly even game with Vancouver and were maybe even slightly better.

My only concern moving forward is that they lose their momentum because the injuries are just too much.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
As the offense has struggled i have noticed Cole start inching further and further into the O zone. After 600 or so NHL games he has got to realize that isn't his game. He got burned over and over and deserved his benching. I thought the kid K.C. did a fine job but was glad I didn'r run up to Vancouver to catch this game.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
In fact, Donskoi has looked even more inept than Jost virtually every single game for weeks now. Jost is terrible, but at least he gets a couple of point blank shots most nights--shooting it into the opposing netminders chest, or missing the net by 5 feet. Donskoi--he does absolutely nothing anymore but lose the puck 2 seconds after he touches it. Dude is really struggling to do ANYTHING right nowadays. He's simply atrocious.

I’m hoping he just needs the offseason to recover, but there’s a chance he just won’t be the same player after coming back from a concussion.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

That's amazing :laugh:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
As for the game...

Didn't really watch much of it as I was on a bender. But it looked like we probably should have had a lead after the first period rather than trailing by 1 and that really put us at a disadvantage the rest of the night.

Frankie didn't look great from the goals I saw. Neither did Demko but he did well enough anyway.

Oh well, not a huge deal as the Blues lost to an even worse Devils team and Dallas just lost to Nashville... but it does suck knowing a Win last night could have vaulted us into 1st place.

Tbh at this point in the year with us being so close to essentially locking up a playoff spot as well(I think 3-4 points is honestly all we'd need), just staying healthy down the stretch is the biggest thing IMO. Home Ice and not playing the Blues or Stars in the first round would be nice... But this team is the best road team in the league this year. They know how to win games on the road and they showed they can do it well in the playoffs last year as well.

I'm comfortable with our team regardless of where we end up at season end, even though 1st in the Central is the best spot I think we can beat the Stars in a series anyway.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Just get through the next 2 games, maybe get 2 points or a point out of it, then there is a 4 game home stand, and supposedly some injured players will be coming back.

avspatti

Dec 1, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
Yeah. Like, the lineup is what it is with the injuries but Sakic decided to just make it worse because asset management. Bednar manages TOI the same way whether it's October or April and benches players left and right, which is whatever, but they don't have either kind of luxury in this situation.

Just burn the year, my god. First place in the division is worth it. I'm not going to be on Sakic's side on this stuff until he starts proving he wants the team to win hockey games now, not just sometime in the vague future.
Man games lost? Isn't there some stat about man games lost due to injury? Where to find it?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Connauton earned another game imo.

He wasn’t amazing, or anything, but I thought he was alright.

Cole really struggled, but I liked EJ for the most part. With Makar out he was jumping up in the play a lot more than usual.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad