Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Who?

Votes: 20 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Laine is like the least impressive player I've ever seen, but now and then he rips off a goal that makes me go "Oh yeah, that's right, he can be a f***ing juggernaut if he wanted to but he's too into Fortnite."

Bnat66

May 10, 2017
New Jersey
1647998181971.png

Reactions: dogthateats

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I don't remember them using him a ton there, but you might be right.

I do recall that Malkin had a reputation as being a very good defensive player coming out of Russia. And I actually think that his defensive play in the 09 cup win vs Detroit was insanely good. especially in game 7, he was a takeaway and backchecking machine.

When he wanted to play defense, he was Datsyukian at it.

He had quite a few shorthanded goals. There was one cross ice aerial pass on the PK in his first couple years that he knocked out of midair. His anticipation and reach have always been exceptional, it's why he takes the puck away so consistently. He was compared to Ron Francis in his draft year. He would have been great there but after Therrien left, Bylsma almost never used him on the PK. He hasn't really done it since, a few times.

Reactions: Pancakes

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Sid is currently 17th in points per game.
Old man still getting it done.

A few posters here said both Geno and Crosby weren't top C's anymore.

Old men who are generational talent are still better than 85% of players in the NHL.

Yes they slow down with age but they are still extremely talented. Ill take a 35 year old who is/was elite over a 25 year old good NHLer. Generational talent just ages better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad