Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Rico-rico-the-penguin-43740146-356-200.gif

vs

1647959603368.jpeg

Columbus Blue Jackets (32-28-3, fifth in the Metropolitan)

vs.

Pittsburgh Penguins (38-16-9, third in the Metropolitan)

Pittsburgh; Tuesday, 7 p.m. EDT

BOTTOM LINE:
Pittsburgh hosts the Columbus Blue Jackets after Sidney Crosby scored two goals in the Penguins' 4-1 victory against the Coyotes.

The Penguins are 11-4-2 against the rest of their division.

The Blue Jackets are 8-12-0 against the rest of their division.

In their last meeting on Feb. 27, Pittsburgh won 3-2.

TOP PERFORMERS:
Crosby leads the Penguins with 61 points, scoring 22 goals and adding 39 assists. Jake Guentzel has 9 points over the last 10 games for Pittsburgh.

Patrik Laine has 48 total points while scoring 25 goals and totaling 23 assists for the Blue Jackets. Oliver Bjorkstrand has five goals over the last 10 games for Columbus.

LAST 10 GAMES:
Penguins: 7-2-1, averaging three goals, 5.1 assists, 3.5 penalties and 8.4 penalty minutes while giving up two goals per game with a .935 save percentage.

Blue Jackets: 5-3-2, averaging 3.4 goals, six assists, four penalties and 8.6 penalty minutes while giving up 3.9 goals per game with an .882 save percentage.

blend-in-to-ireland

pens1.jpg

pens2.jpg

pens3.jpg

pens5.jpg

pens4.jpg

pens6.jpg

pens7.jpg

It is with great sadness and much fanfare, that we say goodbye to ZAR!

penguin-penguins-of-madagascar.gif

loki-very.gif

Per usual, stats and info from TSN, ESPN, NHL.com and are most likely inaccurate

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I said this in another thread, but i'll bring it up here:

I'm very interested to see if the PK suffers due to ZAR being out. Like him or lump him, he's a darn good PKer. That's the special teams battle I'll be focused on tonight

The guy was not some gift. We have plenty of guys that can effectively PK. His absence will not be missed...not to be harsh but he really had some people in a trance about his "excellent" defensive skills.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh

I'm very interested to see if the PK suffers due to ZAR being out. Like him or lump him, he's a darn good PKer. That's the special teams battle I'll be focused on tonight

Last 3 games (all without ZAR): 12 for 12 on the PK.

It's just 3 games, but tough to improve on what they've done in his absence.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

If this organization could survive the loss of Craig Adams, I have a feeling we'll do just fine without ZAR.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Does ZAR play 5 on 3 PK or critical situations PKs?

I feel like I actually don't see him out there sometimes when I expected to in clutch situations like that.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
From what Toronto fans have said... Kap was an absolute terror (in a good way) on the PK.

Honestly, as I've said for a while, I think the idea of specialized PKers is a bit overstated. It's more about sheer willingness, schemes and on-ice communication.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
The PK was 27th in the league with ZAR on it and Blueger out.
Blue returns and it became strong again.

Blue and McGinn are more effective at it imo.

ZAR was good at shot blocks and maintaining good positioning of the box with stick in lanes
But I feel like Blue and McGinn are better at the things that kill a lot of time: zone entry prevention, successful clearances, ragging the puck in the other 2/3rds of the ice and disruption of progression up ice.

ZAR was a good PK'er. Don't get me wrong. Particularly good at situations where the opposition PP is really strong and pressuring.

But I question if he's as essential at it as some people have been brainwashed to believe.

Reactions: Icarium
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad