GDT: GAME LVI: This is The End

What is the most annoying ad on Altitude?

• Total voters

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Timmins last shift was one he got an assist on. 3 minutes left in the 2nd period. Didn’t take a hit and skated off the ice normal. Then Graves fight and the rest of the 2nd period was 4 vs 4. Saw Timmins skate off looking normal as he headed into the locker room with everyone else as the period ended.

he didn’t play in the 3rd.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Timmins last shift was one he got an assist on. 3 minutes left in the 2nd period. Didn’t take a hit and skated off the ice normal. Then Graves fight and the rest of the 2nd period was 4 vs 4. Saw Timmins skate off looking normal as he headed into the locker room with everyone else as the period ended.

I loved that assist. It's really nice to see him starting to make plays like that. A recent Mackinnon goal was a similar pass from Timmins for a redirect infront of goal.

teoberto

Mar 13, 2021
I really like the player, not the character.

A player, who is supposed to be a leader telling in public "he lost the desire for the game" is not one I want on my team.
Furthermore, it has always disguised himself as a “team first” player, when we know very well how he has always been a “me” or “money” first one. Nothing wrong with it, but he has never screamed “team player” or “ team captain” to me

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I loved that assist. It's really nice to see him starting to make plays like that. A recent Mackinnon goal was a similar pass from Timmins for a redirect infront of goal.
Several here gave up on Timmins way too soon. He’s been 2nd pair good since his call up. Very instinctual player with the puck. Excellent potential in transition. Good sense of when to jump into a play. And now making passes that create easy tap in goals where the assist really is the goal.

his RHD shot also makes a difference. I’d be sick to my stomach if the Avs trade him for a rental. Dude should be stapled into next season’s lineup.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Several here gave up on Timmins way too soon. He’s been 2nd pair good since his call up. Very instinctual player with the puck. Excellent potential in transition. Good sense of when to jump into a play. And now making passes that create easy tap in goals where the assist really is the goal.

his RHD shot also makes a difference. I’d be sick to my stomach if the Avs trade him for a rental. Dude should be stapled into next season’s lineup.
I am eating crow on him, and happy to do so. It still remains to be seen if he'll be a part of this team long-term, as stylistically Barron and Helleson are better skaters, but in the short term things are looking good with regards to Timmins being a regular on next years roster.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Injured during the celebration?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Injured during the celebration?
No. He was on the ice for the faceoff after the goal. And up and down play ended with JJ smothering a harmless loose puck. No net front battle or check. He just skates off and never came back. No contact. No favoring. Nothing. He just vanished from the line up.

Reactions: klozge

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I am eating crow on him, and happy to do so. It still remains to be seen if he'll be a part of this team long-term, as stylistically Barron and Helleson are better skaters, but in the short term things are looking good with regards to Timmins being a regular on next years roster.

The lesson is you don’t give up on a high end prospect after a handful of his first NHL games. A guys career can’t be defined by a brief first impression.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
ROR is skating on thin ice, with his comments. It's very clear he has a personal vendetta with it organization, and this series is personal to him. He is putting himself and his wants, above the team with his comments. Personally wouldn't want my captain saying that kind of crap.

All I can say is he better deliver, or he's going to look like a grade A dumbass. If he has a bad series and we dummy them, its going to look bad for him.

And personally now, I hope we destroy them. Like embarrass them. ROR has no clue what this team is capable of. Their wins against us came in game 1, where we played like shit and weren't ready for the season. And then 2 wins right after the 2nd covid break, with no Rantanen, Grubauer, Girard etc. The Avs are scary good, when healthy. And we'll be more healthy than we've been in a bit. Not too mention playoff Mackinnon is a completely different animal, ROR will have his hands full.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Timmins doesn't need to be fast if he thinks fast. A guy who can read the play and get moving up the ice or makes the right pass is more valuable to the system than a better skater who can't read the play as it unfolds.

Reactions: MarkT and McJedi

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
ROR is skating on thin ice, with his comments. It's very clear he has a personal vendetta with it organization, and this series is personal to him. He is putting himself and his wants, above the team with his comments. Personally wouldn't want my captain saying that kind of crap.

All I can say is he better deliver, or he's going to look like a grade A dumbass. If he has a bad series and we dummy them, its going to look bad for him.

And personally now, I hope we destroy them. Like embarrass them. ROR has no clue what this team is capable of. Their wins against us came in game 1, where we played like shit and weren't ready for the season. And then 2 wins right after the 2nd covid break, with no Rantanen, Grubauer, Girard etc. The Avs are scary good, when healthy. And we'll be more healthy than we've been in a bit. Not too mention playoff Mackinnon is a completely different animal, ROR will have his hands full.
Man oh man what an awful take. He is putting himself over his team? :laugh:

Reactions: Avs91

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Timmins doesn't need to be fast if he thinks fast. A guy who can read the play and get moving up the ice or makes the right pass is more valuable to the system than a better skater who can't read the play as it unfolds.
Until the last 5 games Timmins wasn't doing any of those things and was a huge liability defensively, which is why he got sent down. To his and the coaching staffs credit though he's been MUCH improved.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Man oh man what an awful take. He is putting himself over his team? :laugh:
Yep it's personal to him. Very evident, if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

He's concerned about his personal vendetta with the organization. And when you start worrying about stuff like that, thats typically when you press too hard and blow it. We'll see how it plays out.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Yep it's personal to him. Very evident, if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

He's concerned about his personal vendetta with the organization. And when you start worrying about stuff like that, thats typically when you press too hard and blow it. We'll see how it plays out.
You are going off on a tangent as per usual.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
You are going off on a tangent as per usual.
What tangent? Read what he said, it's very obvious by his tone, that this series is personal to him, more than the usual series.

If you aren't able to detect that from his words then I don't know what to tell you. Just making my observation that taking it personally doesn't usually end up well. If you disagree that's fine, but that's my take on what he said. All I know is I wouldn't want my captain making those kind of comments.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
What tangent? Read what he said, it's very obvious by his tone, that this series is personal to him, more than the usual series.

If you aren't able to detect that from his words then I don't know what to tell you. Just making my observation that taking it personally doesn't usually end up well. If you disagree that's fine, but that's my take on what he said. All I know is I wouldn't want my captain making those kind of comments.

You’re amazing that you can detect someone’s tone through their printed words! How lucky you are to never experience the awkwardness of what you REALLY meant when you sent a text, etc.

He didn’t do anything other than expressing confidence in his team, you are just reading WAY too much into this.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
No. With all due respect, f*** that. The players shouldn't get cocky, but we as fans?

Avs in 4 and O'Reilly loses his love for hockey again.

That's the outcome I'm expecting.

If we can't be cocky when we're cheering for the President's Trophy winner, when can we?

After we win the cup. The hockey gods can always dole out injuries and fluke goals

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
We're mad at O'Reilly because he said they're going to win? That's really reaching for bulletin board material. :laugh:

Just wait until MacKinnon gets in front of a mic after listening to some DMX like I'm assuming he does on a regular basis.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
With so many reasons to justifiably hate Ryan O'Reilly, why pick something as benign as thinking his team can win a hockey game? I feel like our focus isn't in the right place here.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

A captain of a sports team says his team is going to win. More news at 11.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad