GDT: GAME LVI: This is The End

What is the most annoying ad on Altitude?

• Total voters

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
C5926263-A085-4309-8A41-48F477C2EB7A.jpeg

360D8537-D902-406C-8FAA-7D8EDF6EADA9.jpeg

AVALANCHE V. KINGS FOR THE PRESIDENCY

a.k.a.

Avs are feeling Sovereign

Too lazy to do lineup cards...lookit the last GDT as I imagine expect for goalies they should be pretty much the same.

TIME: 7:00 MDT
PLACE: Ballerina

KEYS TO THE GAME:

- Score on Grosenick

- Send someone to hip check Rob Blake into the bar counter at Blue Skye Grill or whatever the hell they call it these days

- Make sure Tornade the Doodle doesn’t leak anymore player lineup information on his Instagram account

Last edited:

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Still think that winning the division gets us the more difficult 1st round matchup. Not that it should really matter as the 1st round will have the easiest opponent of the playoffs.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Still think that winning the division gets us the more difficult 1st round matchup. Not that it should really matter as the 1st round will have the easiest opponent of the playoffs.

I agree but Minny matches up well against Vegas and has a chance of eliminating them which is important. Plus the Aves need home ice advantage, they’re a completely different team on home ice. Plus I want the presidents trophy so I can rub it in the faces of all those dumbass Canucks fans on my Facebook and IG

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
This is is boyos. Win tonight and Vegas has to go through the Wild giving us a much better chance of advancing. The Blues won't be an easy out but I'd much rather let the Wild handle our dirty work if possible.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So is Grubauer back in net or does Bednar go with Johansson with the number one overall seed at stake? I was surprised to see that Grubauer played the third period of last night's game, it did not make much sense to me if Bednar was considering playing him tonight.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
So is Grubauer back in net or does Bednar go with Johansson with the number one overall seed at stake? I was surprised to see that Grubauer played the third period of last night's game, it did not make much sense to me if Bednar was considering playing him tonight.
Bednar said he'd start JoJo postgame last night.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
You know, there are lots of situations where I'm not sure this team will win. Like that big game against Vegas. They don't seem to do so well when the eyes of the league are on them and they're playing a team just as hungry as they are. They're also not the kind of team you can always rely on for a comeback. If they're playing well, the dominate - if they need a comeback it's usually because they're just not playing well that night.

But games like this one. Games where they just need to win one game to get what they want, and they don't have to deal with playoff refs? These are games this team wins. I expect an even more dominant victory than last game.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I’d feel more comfortable with Grubs in net, but I think it’s best to start JJ. If we lose tonight, I’ll be pissed, but I’d be even more pissed if Grubs played and got hurt.

We need a Newhook goal or two and Makar points tonight and the W.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Here's the way I'm currently looking at things gents: If the Avs win tonight, that's GREAT! If they lose, I'll grumble like I usually do after a loss but I won't be super unhappy. Why? Because coming out of that COVID break, there was a REAL possibility they'd get passed up by Minny and finish 3rd and lose home ice. I kept telling myself that they HAD to at least secure home ice...and they did that last night.

I would love for them to finish the job tonight and achieve the goal they set for themselves, but at the very least they kept that home ice...in the face of some REALLY uneven play coming out of that 2nd COVID break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad