Post-Game Talk: | Game # IV | Pens win vs Kings | Goals for Sullys 300th!

Who does ColePens love more

• The Penguins

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Horny

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Great game by most. Crappy 1st. Jarry blah blah blah. Zucker points! Petry 3 points! Hope Jake is okay. Sullys 300th win

hornyvolleyball.gif

Gif brought to you by @ColePens not so secret love affair.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Crappy 1st but everyone settled in after that.

Loved our blueline tonight. Especially Petry, but also Dumo and POJ.

Malkin continues to look good. Carter was flying tonight, and Kapanen has offensive confidence right now. That's nice to see.

+ Pk as well

Jarry looks great

Points in every game so far

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
really shitty that they couldn't hold on to save the SO. 6 penalties is way too many. TJ was by far the best player on the ice and his guys let him down.

Glad we got points for a bunch of buys but the goalies on both sides really skewed the game.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
really shitty that they couldn't hold on to save the SO. 6 penalties is way too many. TJ was by far the best player on the ice and his guys let him down.

Glad we got points for a bunch of buys but the goalies on both sides really skewed the game.
The penalty on Lemieux was great at least. Wish Zucker had slashed him harder even. That was a cheap bs hit on Guentzel on the delayed penalty

metalan2

May 30, 2008
So with coincidental minors.. how do they determine if it's 4 on 4 or 5 on 5? Also, can you coincidental minors down to 3 on 3?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What can you say? Everyone had a hand in this one…bad first period but we demoralized the Kings by coming out with a 3-0 lead lol.. I just pray Jake is ok…

Reactions: Pancakes

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Glad it looks like nobody, especially Guentzel, got hurt. Petry big game.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
+++ The symbiosis between Jarry and the blueline. Yeah, they made him save a lot. Yeah, some of them he had to be real sharp on. But there weren't any miracle saves needed. A lot of them were routine. He could build a rhythm. Not a lot of guys blocking his vision.

A lot of goalies whiff that game. But a lot of defences give up the golden chances that go in and start throwing goalies.

- Guentzel's noggin.
- No shutout.
- Reffing.

Glamor Toad

Jun 30, 2009
Poitiers
Big improvement by by Carter, Dumo and of course Petry.

It's really fun to watch bully Rust and bully Zucker. Even Jarry bringing the attitude. Was that '18 where it was this kind of "f*** you I won't do what you tell me" atmosphere

Kapanen keeps cashing in on points too.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Did Guentzel come back after taking the shot to the head? That’s really my only concern.

Very good game all around. POJ has looked substantially better since his first game of the year.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
What a game, entertaining from start to finish, even though they didn't show much besides scoring in the first.
Big plus to Rutta for me, the guy just playes such a steady game. And Jarry just shut the door, to bad he didn't get the shutout.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Did Guentzel come back after taking the shot to the head? That’s really my only concern.

Very good game all around. POJ has looked substantially better since his first game of the year.
He did not, but there was no reason to bring him back. I don't think he looked woozy or anything so my hope is they held him out as a precaution. Or he needed stitches because he got cut.

We'll see if he plays Saturday I suppose

Reactions: RSPens and Trade

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
+++ The symbiosis between Jarry and the blueline. Yeah, they made him save a lot. Yeah, some of them he had to be real sharp on. But there weren't any miracle saves needed. A lot of them were routine. He could build a rhythm. Not a lot of guys blocking his vision.

This is a fun game for goalies to play in. Despite the amount of shots Jarry faced, the Penguins didn't really give up a ton of high danger chances. Facing a ton of shots while not having to make incredible saves allows a goalie to get into a nice routine and really helps them perform over a full game.

A 40 save shutout where you're in the rhythm the entire game is easier to accomplish than a 20 save shutout where you're just standing around for minutes at a time.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I absolutely loved that Rakell goal. Dude is a little bit Hornqvist in how he crashes the net.

I also think it’s hilarious ZMR is becoming like a powerhouse line.
Yeah, I think the thing I like about Rakell is that he can do it all. We've all rolled our eyes for years at the swiss army knife meme but Rakell actually fits, imo. Good hands, good skater, smart, uses his size well. He's not gonna dangle guys or snipe pucks or make passes through 8 legs+sticks but he's just a real solid player.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
View attachment 596790
Nice to see POJ settling in and being reliable.
A lot of D get the :thumbu:

It's weird to see our L2 dominating territory like this game after game, but I'm loving it.

Stars for me:
1st - Jarry
2nd - Petry
3rd - Pettersson

Honestly I've grown to care less and less about the analytics for any given game when evaluating how a player did. That chart says Pettersson was downright incredible while Petry was only okay, despite both of them playing together for 99% of the game. How does that make any sense?

Reactions: HandshakeLine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino