Post-Game Talk: | Game # IV | Pens win vs Kings | Goals for Sullys 300th!

Who does ColePens love more

• The Penguins

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Horny

Votes: 22 84.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Guentzal may be out for awhile. Crosby told the media:

"Not an easy guy to replace. When you get injuries, you have to find ways to make up for the guys you lose and what they bring. I think we'll try to do that collectively"

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Guentzal may be out for awhile. Crosby told the media:

"Not an easy guy to replace. When you get injuries, you have to find ways to make up for the guys you lose and what they bring. I think we'll try to do that collectively"
I don’t see how you can read anything out of that quote other than just your standard cookie cutter Sid the media robot statement.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
But that stat for 23rd in goals above expected isn't for the team scoring 5 goals per game.

That stat was for the team before the LA game, and it was for a team scoring 3 5v5 goals per game. It's a 5v5 stat, all the PP and PK goals don't count.

The stat will probably change after last night. Natural Stat Trick's version of that stat changed dramatically for us after last night, I'm sure MoneyPuck will follow. Indeed, they have. The stats are updated and we're now 15th at 0.98 goals over at 5v5. If you want to count all situations, as you are doing, we're 2.28 ahead of the game, which is 6th best in the NHL. Moneypuck don't have a date filter for me to work out the change, but on NST we're at 3.44 goals ahead of expected at all situations now, and were at 0,09 ahead before last night so there was probably a big change. The stats agree with you that we scored a bunch of unlikely goals last night - but you're taking issue with stats from before last night. It's not a valid criticism of that number to mention goals from last night.

And when you ask the real question the MP stat you found says, should we have scored more than 3 5v5 goals a night in our first three games, then I think yeah, yeah we should. I've lost count of the Pens (Rust) all alone in front of the net without it going in. I thought the first two goalies we faced made a bunch of really smart saves. Those first two games were stupidly dominant and we only got what we deserved from them if that.
3.44 and 2.28. These kinda variances already 4 games in. If it's like that then I'm not gonna take it too seriously now.

Maybe 3+ ESG's average if you mean 9 in 3 games. Don't think we deserved more than 3 against Montreal though.

Oh well. We're 6th at all situations and 15th at 5v5 after the update, so that makes a lot more sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad