Post-Game Talk: | Game # IIX | Pens loss | The one were we lost to a bunch of "who?'s"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think his whole feng shui is off, tbh. :laugh: I don't know that any rational person thinks Sid's game just fell off a cliff and he's some random schlub (outside of the obviously disturbed posters), but not having that sorta familiarity to his line/shifts in Jake is f***ing with Sid's head more so than anything else, imo.

It doesn't really matter who plays with Sid. If he's not comfortable with them, his line's not gonna play well or produce. It's been that way forever. Sid's linemates have to be the right linemates as opposed to the best available. Dude doesn't adapt or adjust his game for anybody, so they're either a perfect fit instantly or it's just gonna be a disjointed pairing until it's broken up. :laugh:
This Sid think bothers me big time. You know he cares, and you know he is competitive, yet he seems totaly lost out there. One thing I notice, he only perks up when he is behind the goal line and goes into grinder mode. He does not skate with the puck any more, the second he get the puck in NZ or our zone he is passing, and his passes are often to hard to catch...I know he does not have that burst of speed he used to have but he is still fast guy and should carry the puck more, and he stopped skating back a long time ago...I still think he will be a force this season.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I think this team needs a swift dose of vitamin Tyler Smithsonian on the backend to improve our transition offense. I think Private Onvestigator Joseph has been steadily improving but I’m still not signed sealed and delivered on him yet as a great puck mover.

Reactions: Trade and Andy99

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It’s weird how that happens. Also kind of weird how there have been a few players who didn’t morph into that and they were traded. Maybe I am making this up though. Neal, Cole, Matheson come to mind

I think there is something to that. This team is extremely predictable and doesn't have many wildcards in the bunch.

Though Cole's kind of wildcard I don't know if I want in the deck, honestly.

I keep saying it and strangely a lot of people handwave it... but this is very, very much Sullivan's roster, too. Good and bad.

Reactions: dogthateats

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From RW’s blog…he’s really beating the Dumo drum lol…

”One of the bigger issues is the Brian Dumoulin problem. He sure looks washed. When you invest back into Kris Letang you probably want him to be more than a glorified babysitter on the top pairing. Dumoulin remains a step slow and out of place. He has been at fault for multiple goals during this stretch. It isn’t something I don’t see drastically improving. The question is how long will they leave him stapled to the top pairing. The frustrating part is this was entirely predictable. The team should have been looking to cash out via trade. They should have been proactive. They could have used that cap space way more efficiently over the summer and could have perhaps even got something of quality in return. At the moment they are mashing the square peg into the round hole.”

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Dumo has been really bad and is contributing to Letang's Bad Letang.

But I dunno. I want The Priority to be better, himself too.

Reactions: Andy99

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
AHL goalie and defense, still lost. At some point our top players have to show up and act like top players.

giphy.gif

Penguins have scored 2 goals in the last 8 periods they've played.

Those who thought it was a good idea to "run it back" with a super-old-ex-superstars-core with a view of
"taking another shot at the Cup" was simply delusional.

These three ex-superstars are washed up, slow, uninterested, lazy. They are playing like s...t. In april, even if Pens make the playoffs, they will be even more gassed, banged up and uninterested.

The next few years will be wasted and pointless for this franchise because of idiotic contracts given out this summer.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
From RW’s blog…he’s really beating the Dumo drum lol…

”One of the bigger issues is the Brian Dumoulin problem. He sure looks washed. When you invest back into Kris Letang you probably want him to be more than a glorified babysitter on the top pairing. Dumoulin remains a step slow and out of place. He has been at fault for multiple goals during this stretch. It isn’t something I don’t see drastically improving. The question is how long will they leave him stapled to the top pairing. The frustrating part is this was entirely predictable. The team should have been looking to cash out via trade. They should have been proactive. They could have used that cap space way more efficiently over the summer and could have perhaps even got something of quality in return. At the moment they are mashing the square peg into the round hole.”

Feel like Ryan Wilson will post a sully for Adams post when we inevitably turn this shitstorm around.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Steigy was suggesting this morning Archibald, thats wen you know things are falling appart and need to be fixed ASAP
I’m sure that would go over well here. I did have the thought about missing ZAR and his low event presence last night during the game.

Idk which is worse

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
ZAR hasn't exactly covered himself in glory in TOR, though. 7GP, 0G 0A -3

There's low event and then there is "I literally don't do anything."

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
This seems like a running theme the last five years.

No argument, here. I would have liked to see him finish more chances like he would often do with Sid last year but other than that he and Malkin have always had good chemistry. Which is why it obviously made perfect sense to split them up as soon as possible. Again.
fixed it

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
This Sid think bothers me big time. You know he cares, and you know he is competitive, yet he seems totaly lost out there. One thing I notice, he only perks up when he is behind the goal line and goes into grinder mode. He does not skate with the puck any more, the second he get the puck in NZ or our zone he is passing, and his passes are often to hard to catch...I know he does not have that burst of speed he used to have but he is still fast guy and should carry the puck more, and he stopped skating back a long time ago...I still think he will be a force this season.
we're overthinking these games. crosby was a lightning bolt the first three games. players look slower when they lack confidence.

the team is obviously capable when they manage the puck, everything flows from that. they got overconfident and slacked on puck management and they aren't having success. with older stars and an older team that isn't as talented as it used to be, puck management is more important than any other aspect of the game and everyone on the ice has to be committed to it. the pens will look like they did in the first three games when they commit to playing right

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Also from RW’s blog….again there’s more than just points but…

“Daniel Sprong has 15 goals in his last 66 NHL games. (28 goals in his last 108 NHL games)
Kasperi Kapanen has 12 goals in his last 87 NHL games. (23 goals in his last 127 NHL games)”

the former makes league minimum….the second doesn’t bring that much more away from the puck…but at more than three times the salary? He’s not three times better lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad