GDT: Game Day Thread: GDT Edition Ducks @ Avs, 7 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Wait, you're not going to call Iginla checking Lindholm when the puck is NOWHERE near!? The Ducks were soft tonight, Dirk must be furious.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Hope Sammy is okay.

Not surprised Ducks lose a player against dirty ass coach and dirty ass team

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Nonsense. All three were playing in the first week when the same team took Despres out. This is just a cheap, dirty team, and they have been ever since Roy has been coaching them.

I won't argue that those guys would have done something by now, but Colorado would still be tinning around injuring guys regardless.

Maybe, maybe not. Could fill pages and pages of message board threads with the value of enforcers and fighting in hockey. Won't go there tonight.

Depressing game. Expecting much better on Friday.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
we looked like a bunch of *******.

vats elbowed in the face
despres crosschecked in the head.
lindholm checked into the boards with the puck nowhere close.
multiple runs at our guys at the end

we did nothing in response. they did nothing the whole game.

why even show up for this one. should have just forfeited it.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
The Avs play like an eastern team, we are poison against eastern teams. Gotta play some mans hockey on Friday.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He has good hands around the net, then again so did Maroon.

It's the rest of his game that leaves a lot to be desired. He's not winning many battles and is turning pucks over. Granted, Perry is also playing terrible right now

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I no longer want to play the Avs in the playoffs. Not because I don't think we can beat them, but we'd be down to a SOB-Bieksa Stoner-Theodore top 4 by the end of the series. Should be 3 suspensions for head shots in 2 games after tonight.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Maybe, maybe not. Could fill pages and pages of message board threads with the value of enforcers and fighting in hockey. Won't go there tonight.

Depressing game. Expecting much better on Friday.

Enforcers don't deter rats because rats don't fight. And I'm pro-enforcer. I agree they would have sent a message earlier, but the only kind of enforcer that helps vs rats is the kind that will go after the other teams' stars so that THEY tell the rats to cool it. We really haven't had a guy like that since May.

Washington had a letdown game tonight too. Friday should be much better.

:nod:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
That's simply not true. It wasn't due to lack of skill around the net. Budget cut and wanting to get faster are bigger reasons.

Yeah, that's true as well. I've even argued for those points. Though if he was more skilled, as in could score goals besides just standing in front of the net for a deflection or could make plays to help his linemates, then there's a better chance he stays.

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
I want to know where the MBT is about Colorado hitting with 3 minutes left in the game when the game was already over.

Just one of the occasional stinkers. Played down to the team and got burned. Happens several times a year. Looking forward to hopefully a lot more effort on Friday.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
It's the rest of his game that leaves a lot to be desired. He's not winning many battles and is turning pucks over. Granted, Perry is also playing terrible right now

He's playing about as expected, I don't know that it's going to get a lot better with him. But like you said, his linemates have been off their games lately, and he deserves a bit more time to settle in.

I keep thinking he should get looks on other lines, but I don't see where else he could fit. :dunno:

Crap, LA scores in OT. Thanks for nothing, Caps.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Guys lets look at the big picture, yes we won 11 in a row, but sooner or later those bounces we were getting were going to turn against us, and now these past 2 games, We have been on the opposite side converting chances.. It happens, When they are winning, they convert all the early chances and clamp dpwn, but when you dont convert those chances, doubt start creep in your mind. Kesler missed the net in the slot like 3 times tonight.. Santoreli had his shot blocked. Sometimes its not meant to be. Hopefully Vato is ok. If hes out I expect Theodore to come back. There are still 16 games to go.. This game was well.... They played run and gun hockey, this team is not built for that... Gibson played amazing.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Only one game.

Everyone has stinkers from time to time, I'd rather have one now than in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad