GDT: Game Day Thread: GDT Edition Ducks @ Avs, 7 PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
Weak and soft effort by the Ducks. I'm glad they're hitting some adversity, they need to take lessons from games like this.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The annoying thing is the players said they were unsatisfied with the execution in the last few games and then come out with a stunningly lazy performance like that.

Talk is aggressively cheap with this team.

Oh well. I'm sure they'll bounce back. Still frustrating though.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Haven't been impressed by McGinn. That line looks worse than it did with Maroon

IMO the only area where McGinn clearly beats Maroon is foot speed. McGinn is just as bad as Maroon defensively, they both have great hands and are good at standing in front of the net. I'd say Maroon was more physical and was better at doing the board work down low.

At this point, I'm definitely not convinced that McGinn is a legitimate upgrade over Maroon, which IMO makes the series of trades look a lot worse.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Guess it's good that I decided to go to bed early instead of staying up to watch this. Sounds like it was a **** show.

I blame the popcorn emoji.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Oh man, that was an awful effort. Couldn't make it through two whole periods even. Glad I didn't miss any goals though :shakehead Severely lacked any effort from what I saw. Breakouts, awful. Defending, awful. Slow, lazy and spiritless. The Avs were determined to better the Ducks and they sure did. Only Gibson was great, but how many 2 on 1, 3 on 1, 4 on 1 situations can you give to your goalie? Man, that just ruined my day.

mytduxfan*

I love how Hazy was saying "Varlamov is going to have to stand on his head for ANA not to get 3 goals"..... errrrrr.... Nope!

The Ducks sucked last night, especially the D. Fowler was awful, but I think it's the face shield that's causing him problems.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Ouch.. that was ugly. Manson had probably his worst game of the season. But most of the d had an off-night. Vats injury and absence hurt the team more than it should. Sloppy play througout the whole game from all lines as well. Not a good effort.

And too bad someone didn't took care of Landeskog. That was so ***** dirty. And to Despres of all players as well.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Avs fans are always such a delight to deal with on the main boards when something happens between our teams. If the Ducks met the avs in the playoffs those gdts might get nastier than when we faced the Kings.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Missed the game. Did vats injury look bad? That Despres hit was so garbage, Landeskog knew Despres had missed half the year with a concussion and is the ****ing captain, way to set an example.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
More angry about nobody standing up for Despres. Reminds me to much of the early season where we iced abunch of sissies who were scared to stand up

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
As expected

I missed the injury on Vatanen. Who elbowed him? At least I think I read it was an elbow. Any video would be appreciated as well.

ejoshie

Aug 26, 2008
Watched the end of this after the Blues - Hawks

Great example of the old even out the calls officiating.

Miss a blatant cross check to the skull of Despres.

On the very same play call the Ducks for a ticky tack marginal call.

If it is a penalty no matter when or how many it is a penalty.

Sorry for the sermon, but what a cheap shot, intent to injure.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Sure glad we get to play the Avs just before the playoffs again! Could we just send the Grizzlies or whatever to Denver while the NHL team travels to Washington D.C.? Or we just bubble wrap them with full shields all.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
3 games for Landeskog.
That's garbage. When it comes to suspensions, NHL is broken.

Drive a square carbon-fiber stick, at speed, to the opponents head and neck, and that is also your 2nd suspension of the season: 3 games.

Nice to know players fought the right fight during the lockout.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Sure glad we get to play the Avs just before the playoffs again! Could we just send the Grizzlies or whatever to Denver while the NHL team travels to Washington D.C.? Or we just bubble wrap them with full shields all.

Seriously, Depres is practicing today but Sami is not according to Stephens. Down another defenseman. Thanks again Avs. We need to call up McGratton from SD for the last home game against these guys.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
we looked like a bunch of *******.

vats elbowed in the face
despres crosschecked in the head.
lindholm checked into the boards with the puck nowhere close.
multiple runs at our guys at the end

we did nothing in response. they did nothing the whole game.

why even show up for this one. should have just forfeited it.

lack of maroon a factor? i think so. losing a player like that makes a huge difference to opposing teams ...no doubt the ducks are going to be tested.

the opposite is true too...seen the oilers play a couple times since picking up maroon, edmonton is now playing with bigger balls.

it sucks. one of the toughest ducks to play against... no way in hell i would trade maroon.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
lack of maroon a factor? i think so. losing a player like that makes a huge difference to opposing teams ...no doubt the ducks are going to be tested.

the opposite is true too...seen the oilers play a couple times since picking up maroon, edmonton is now playing with bigger balls.

it sucks. one of the toughest ducks to play against... no way in hell i would trade maroon.

for real people? Maroon is one ****ing dude. He's not even an enforcer like Jackman or John Scott. His lack of presence doesn't make the team *******.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
More angry about nobody standing up for Despres. Reminds me to much of the early season where we iced abunch of sissies who were scared to stand up

No Maroon, Stewart, Stoner or Jackman I guess that makes Kevin Bieska as the enforcer. Pathetic the team was rolling along great when they started icing a big physical team

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
for real people? Maroon is one ****ing dude. He's not even an enforcer like Jackman or John Scott. His lack of presence doesn't make the team *******.

Still hanging on to this?
Just like all the other antifighting posters you were and are wrong.
The team is missing any deterant and none exists in the system

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Still hanging on to this?
Just like all the other antifighting posters you were and are wrong.
The team is missing any deterant and none exists in the system

You still hanging onto the past? Enforcers aren't apart of the NHL anymore. Do the Kings or Hawks have enforcers? No they don't, because enforcers don't belong in the game anymore.

Where was the sentiment when we traded Maroon, but still won games? Like against the Kings? Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler can all fight and stand up for this team. as can Rakell, Bieksa, McGinn. You seriously need to get over the idea that a team needs enforcers to "protect" it's players or for them to deter teams from making ****** hits on our players. These hits happened in the past when we had Maroon, and they will keep happening.

If you don't like it, then maybe the modern NHL isn't for you.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

No surprise to hear. Patty's a great guy, solid player, and a real physical presence out there. I knew he'd succeed pretty much wherever he went. Too bad Murray couldn't see the value in a physical player who can help out almost any line he's on:shakehead:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad