GDT: Game #9 - YOUR New Jersey Devils (4-2-2) at the Pittsburgh Penguins (4-2-1) MSG TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
At some point you have to realize that its just not working, which I think were pretty close to. Same recurring themes every season.

Yeah but the recurring themes never have anything to do with the system. It has to do with the execution. This game has been about a combined lack of execution and sloppy mistakes.

The players themselves just look lethargic. They aren't playing hard or as a team.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Zantac realized he needs to play better offensively then has his worst game of the season. Seriously people he's a second line center. If there really is a trade out there for Eric Staal, do it. Fire DeBoer and get Bylsma. One of Zubrus, Ruutu, and Clowe need to go. Ryder is crap. When he doesn't score (which including tonight has been 8 games) he's utterly useless.

Would Larsson, Ryder, and a first get Staal?

Cammalleri-Staal-Brunner
Henrique-Elias-Havlat
Boucher-Zajac-Jagr
Clowe-Gomez/Josefson-Ruutu/Zubrus

I wouldn't be trading away younger resources at this stage. Yes, Staal would help but you need 2 to 3 other players like him as well.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Really not sure what some of you were expecting tonight when the team has been playing defense and PKing the way it has. Finish with some balls and come out with a better effort Thursday. This place is gonna be unbearable til Thursday though.

I dunno, maybe better play in both regards?

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
see, im really not a big fan of pete. that being said, i think this has more to do with the roster itself. way to slow on offense, which i believe also impacts things on the defensive side. they cant react to quick passes and are unable to get into position quick enough if there is a long pass which they have to move to cover. the backchecking ability is a factor as well obviously.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Zantac realized he needs to play better offensively then has his worst game of the season. Seriously people he's a second line center. If there really is a trade out there for Eric Staal, do it. Fire DeBoer and get Bylsma. One of Zubrus, Ruutu, and Clowe need to go. Ryder is crap. When he doesn't score (which including tonight has been 8 games) he's utterly useless.

Would Larsson, Ryder, and a first get Staal?

Cammalleri-Staal-Brunner
Henrique-Elias-Havlat
Boucher-Zajac-Jagr
Clowe-Gomez/Josefson-Ruutu/Zubrus

Yeah get the hell rid of Michael Ryder. This guy is about as useless as anyone. As you point out when he doesn't score which is basically his entire stint in nj he serves no purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad