GDT: Game #9 - YOUR New Jersey Devils (4-2-2) at the Pittsburgh Penguins (4-2-1) MSG TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
New Jersey (last game beat Ottawa 3-2 in OT):

Devils expected lineup:
Danius Zubrus-Travis Zajac-Jaromir Jagr
Ryane Clowe-Patrik Elias-Damien Brunner
Reid Boucher-Adam Henrique-Michael Ryder
Tuomo Ruutu-Jacob Josefson-Stephen Gionta

Andy Greene-Damon Severson
Bryce Salvador-Marek Zidlicky
Eric Gelinas-Jon Merrill

Cory Schnieder (starter)-Scott Clemmensen (backup)

IR: Martin Havlat, Jordin Tootoo
Scratches: Adam Larsson, Mike Cammalleri (injured)

Pittsburgh (last game beat Nashville 3-0):

Penguins possible lineup:
Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Nick Hornqvist
Pascal Dupuis - Evgeni Malkin - Blake Comeau
Nick Spaling - Brandon Sutter - Steve Downie
Zach Sill - Marcel Goc - Craig Adams

Olli Maatta - Kris Letang
Christian Ehrhoff - Paul Martin
Rob Scuderi - Simon Despres

Marc-Andre Fleury (expected starter), Thomas Greiss (backup)

Scratch: Robert Bortuzzo (injured)

Same thing as the other night, just win Devils (and killing off a penalty before the end of the season would be nice too) :P

Last edited:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
6aEs4Ea.jpg

Keep 'em below us.

LGD

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Aha I figure you just copied the Pens' lineup from their last GDT, but I'd be amazed if Maatta was back so soon :sarcasm:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Aha I figure you just copied the Pens' lineup from their last GDT, but I'd be amazed if Maatta was back so soon :sarcasm:

You can tell I had this template in advance lol, just had to add in the Cammalleri/Boucher stuff now too. Me or someone else can edit the Pens lineup later :laugh:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Olli Maatta isn't on the IR yet, he's playing tonight. Bortuzzo is still out until at least Thursday.

Going to the game tonight and I expect Jagr to stick it to the Pens as usual. Should be a good game.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
@TGfireandice: Cammalleri not here means Reid Boucher will play tonight

Bouch is in. :handclap:

Excited to see if Bouch can ignite Henrique & Ryder. I was actually really surprised to see that Henrique leads the team in points at a PPG, as he seems to have been a bit quiet more recently.

Just have to hope Cammalleri isn't out too long, though it's nice to have a guy like Boucher able to step into a top 6 role.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Olli Maatta isn't on the IR yet, he's playing tonight. Bortuzzo is still out until at least Thursday.

Going to the game tonight and I expect Jagr to stick it to the Pens as usual. Should be a good game.

Playing through what he is going through is amazing. Obviously hope all goes well with that. Such a sick young Defensemen

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Thanks, hopefully now both lineups are right :laugh:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Well, now I'm embarrassed about my earlier post :laugh:

Nice to see Maatta playing through what he is though, must be a very tough time. Not nice for the Devils though, as he's an amazing young player.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm very happy to see Boucher....

But kind of disappointing that our two offensive FA signings are injured already.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I'm very happy to see Boucher....

But kind of disappointing that our two offensive FA signings are injured already.

Yeah, but this team is also loaded with depth and a stubborn coach that seemingly wouldn't have rotated some of these others guys in anyway, so it's nice to see Brunner, Josefson & Boucher get a shot to challenge for a spot in the lineup this early on.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
But not entirely surprising given their resumes.

Would just be nice to know at least a little bit about these injuries. I've had enought of the ultra secretive crap from Lou - save that for the playoffs. There's no reason that we still shouldn't know the results of the X-Ray's on Cammalleri's jaw or have any inkling as to what the lower body injury is to Havlat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad