GDT: Game #9 Sharks vs Sabres @ SAP Center 1pm PDT - Crummy Doodles Getting Weird

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
If the players don't give a **** then why should we?

Game five in the playoffs last year said it all, easily the worst game that I have ever seen - this team in it's current makeup is done, stick a fork in it, players and coaches need to go.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Remember when this org talked about accountability? Hah, that was funny.

Blame Thornton. Blame Marleau. It's not DW or TM's fault because they're gonna define accountability in the same way they define rebuild or strip.

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
After the Ducks beat us tomorrow, we will have started the season off 4-6. When's the last time this team started the season off with a losing record 10 games in?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
After the Ducks beat us tomorrow, we will have started the season off 4-6. When's the last time this team started the season off with a losing record 10 games in?

The year Thornton was traded to the Sharks, the team started off with a losing record ten games in. However, this team had a few seasons where they were at .500 ten games in.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So once we end up trading Thornton for scraps, I wonder how happy everyone here will be. lol

The unfortunate truth is if the team does trade him, that's likely what the team will get with his amount of control. Same would go for Marleau. The team would have to come to the conclusion that they're better off without him to warrant trading him and I honestly don't think they can get there AND get Thornton to waive it. Marleau probably could be convinced to go but I don't think DW will do it.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
We could probably tank while keeping everybody. There's always a "good" team that ends up sucking each year. Might as well be us.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
All the whining is amazing. :laugh:

I wonder what you think the appropriate response to the this **** is? Happiness? Cheer?

Everyone acts like we're doing so well with him...

SJ has not gone any further in the playoffs with him than without.

We are and have been doing very well with him. Until this year we have been among the league's elite teams. We are still potentially a very good team and he's a good part of that.

Part of the reason for playoff results ironically is that Thornton came to the Sharks ... that created a massive imbalance in the division and other teams like the Ducks and Kings had to step up. Compare their rosters and success before and after the arrival of Thornton. They knew what they had to do when a superstar came to their division.

The other part is salary cap. It's part of the eternal joke on Sharks fans that just when the team got serious about going for the Cup, the cap kicked in and made it impossible to spend to put the team over the top.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I wonder what you think the appropriate response to the this **** is? Happiness? Cheer?

We are and have been doing very well with him. Until this year we have been among the league's elite teams. We are still potentially a very good team and he's a good part of that.

Part of the reason for playoff results ironically is that Thornton came to the Sharks ... that created a massive imbalance in the division and other teams like the Ducks and Kings had to step up. Compare their rosters and success before and after the arrival of Thornton. They knew what they had to do when a superstar came to their division.

The other part is salary cap. It's part of the eternal joke on Sharks fans that just when the team got serious about going for the Cup, the cap kicked in and made it impossible to spend to put the team over the top.

The year we got Thornton Anaheim was in the WCF without making any significant moves. LA was rebuilding and irrelevant.

Yeah, the cap was the reason in 2008 our hole team took a giant crap in April after having the most regular season success in team history.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The year we got Thornton Anaheim was in the WCF without making any significant moves. LA was rebuilding and irrelevant.

Yeah, the cap was the reason in 2008 our hole team took a giant crap in April after having the most regular season success in team history.

Nice cherrypicking. I stand by my statement. Take a look at Anaheim's success prior to that year. They were only occasionally making the playoffs at all.
They brought in their own superstar in Pronger the next season and won it all.

Last edited:

Nashology

Dec 21, 2006
This was the first game our Offense didn't show, and for parts of it we did have pressure..

The problem is the defense. Outside of Burns I am not happy with anyone. ALL of them lack offensive capabilities. Irwin I guess has a shot and some offense but it is far outweighed by his lack of defense. Vlasic is horrendous in the o-zone. Why anyone tries setting him up is beyond me. That half snap shot redirection he does is brutal and soft as whipped butter. Mueller, Demers, Braun, Hannan are also all terrible offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad