GDT: Game 9 | Pens @ Canucks | October 27, 10:00 PM EST | No Foilin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Thanks :) I don't think I could be creative on demand for 40+ hours a week, though. I usually have several different projects that I've got going at any given time and I work on them as the mood strikes. It's a fun and creative hobby right now, but I'd probably hate it if it were my job.

Preach on, this is a release from our daily chores/jobs. Having to do this for 8 hrs for each game (82+) would be very demanding to come up with themes and whatnot. After time you'd have to cut corners and be more repetitive and just change out the material. Kind of takes away from the fun of creating.

Reactions: DegenX

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I've updated the OP.

Updated lines are based on the Canucks morning skate.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I had to sell my tickets to this game.

The last couple of years, my gf and I have noticed it's become increasingly hostile after the games whether the Pens win or lose. Last two times, we were minding our own business and had 3-4 separate groups of Canucks fans try to pick a fight with not only me, but my gf.

So tv it is.

And why my hate burns deep for this piece of **** franchise and its fans.

I don't want a 9-1 win.

I want a 11-0 win. With Murray just laughing for 5 mins when they ask him about Boeser as his post game interview.
I am also in Van and not going. I got to see Crosby, Malkin and Kessel live 2 years ago so that's off the bucket list. I'm satisfied. I wore my powder blue Crosby winter classic. The girls loved it lol. I was lucky not to get hassled like you were though.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

The last couple of years, my gf and I have noticed it's become increasingly hostile after the games whether the Pens win or lose. Last two times, we were minding our own business and had 3-4 separate groups of Canucks fans try to pick a fight with not only me, but my gf.

So tv it is.

I don't want a 9-1 win.

I want a 11-0 win. With Murray just laughing for 5 mins when they ask him about Boeser as his post game interview.

Is this a serious thing? Honestly Flyer fans can come to Penguin games and the most I see is some friendly jest. There might be a handful of drunk idiots, but I would imagine Pens fans would probably step in or request help if it got bad.

One thing I learned at my time at Ohio State. I went to a PSU that was in OSU and both teams were highly ranked. My buddies came up wearing their PSU stuff and we went to the game together. SOOO many people came up and said "Hey... have safe travels on the way back. Good luck the rest of the way!" And if I go to Pens games nowadays, I try to do the same for any visiting fans. They are giving your city money by staying there and going out to eat/drink. The least you can do is be nice and welcome them.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Is this a serious thing? Honestly Flyer fans can come to Penguin games and the most I see is some friendly jest. There might be a handful of drunk idiots, but I would imagine Pens fans would probably step in or request help if it got bad.

One thing I learned at my time at Ohio State. I went to a PSU that was in OSU and both teams were highly ranked. My buddies came up wearing their PSU stuff and we went to the game together. SOOO many people came up and said "Hey... have safe travels on the way back. Good luck the rest of the way!" And if I go to Pens games nowadays, I try to do the same for any visiting fans. They are giving your city money by staying there and going out to eat/drink. The least you can do is be nice and welcome them.
I think it's more that he had bad luck. This is one of the most chill major cities in North America.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office

So tv it is.

I don't want a 9-1 win.

I’m sorry man, I’ve never had that experience at a hockey game. Very close in Philly but mostly still just at the fringe end of fans just having fun. Only place I have ever had an experience like that was going to an away game in Baltimore for the Steelers. Me and the people I was with got followed from the nose bleeds all the way to our car by a group of Baltimore fans yelling and screaming at us throwing things and no one did anything to stop them, not security, not the cops. I’ll never got back to that city again unless I’m forced too.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Would rather see literally any other forward on the team than Rust on Crosby's RW at this point.

Probably wouldn’t have been if Brassard was in.

The thinking is probably L2 and L3 are playing really well so it leaves Sprong or Rust. Rust won’t really hurt in the D zone like Sprong will.

L4 might be ok. Grants a big guy to do the heavy stuff, Simon is a playmaker and hopefully Sprong starts shooting.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I think it's more that he had bad luck. This is one of the most chill major cities in North America.

There’s usually a bigger Pens turnout compared to most other teams in Van. I’ve never seen any issues. I don’t go that often though.

At an Aussie Rules game there is always lots of banter. Usually in good fun. I had a guys wife get up and point to me and my friends (all early 20’s) and tell us to go out the ground and fight her husband (probably around 40-50) :laugh:

We told her politely to sit down. ;)

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
That sucks about Brass especially coming off a good game. Hopefully it's minor and he'll be back soon. Getting three points had to lift his confidence.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Soooo that’s why we don’t get along.

State College born and raise.

Reactions: ColePens

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Hm. Wonder if that has something to do with why they weren’t playing him at center.
Maybe. It's odd that HCMS said he's been dealing with it for a few games, but we've only played a few games really. I'm wondering how big of an issue this will be going forward.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Probably wouldn’t have been if Brassard was in.

The thinking is probably L2 and L3 are playing really well so it leaves Sprong or Rust. Rust won’t really hurt in the D zone like Sprong will.

L4 might be ok. Grants a big guy to do the heavy stuff, Simon is a playmaker and hopefully Sprong starts shooting.

Would love to see a big game from Sprong.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Maybe. It's odd that HCMS said he's been dealing with it for a few games, but we've only played a few games really. I'm wondering how big of an issue this will be going forward.

If it’s serious they usually come out and say it. If he’s still with the team and not in Pitt probably not that bad.

Grant gets to definitely play in front of his family and friends now so good for him.

Reactions: ETA and DegenX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad