GDT: Game 9 | Pens @ Canucks | October 27, 10:00 PM EST | No Foilin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
All they've said publicly is lower body, but it certainly seems to be a recurring injury.

I really hope it's not a groin again because they can last awhile...if he re-injured it again, he could be dealing with it for another while, which will affect his play like it did last year...sucks...if it is one, they should hold him out a long time

Reactions: DegenX

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
So if the current pattern on this road trip continues, the Pens score 12 tonight? :sarcasm:

Regardless, I want them to play a good game tonight. I hope they don’t underestimate the Canucks.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I had to sell my tickets to this game.

The last couple of years, my gf and I have noticed it's become increasingly hostile after the games whether the Pens win or lose. Last two times, we were minding our own business and had 3-4 separate groups of Canucks fans try to pick a fight with not only me, but my gf.

So tv it is.

And why my hate burns deep for this piece of **** franchise and its fans.

I don't want a 9-1 win.

I want a 11-0 win. With Murray just laughing for 5 mins when they ask him about Boeser as his post game interview.

That’s exactly why I hate so many of the Canadian teams fan bases. Come to Calgary next year, we will party it up, watch the game and make fun of the Oilers!

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Ok, prediction time...how many minutes does Sprong get tonight?

A) less than 6 minutes

B) between 6-8 min

C) over 8 min

I’m going A....

Going to go with C. I think he’s due. Plus maybe they’ll play Grant a little more being in his home town (dependant on the score).

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
What a great opportunity to give him a game with Crosby, I look forward to them wasting that opportunity.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

A) less than 6 minutes

B) between 6-8 min

C) over 8 min

I’m going A....
B) It’s another blowout for the Pens, Sprong gets more minutes in the 3rd, but he can’t buy a goal. Sully proceeds to bench him for not scoring.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I’m sorry man, I’ve never had that experience at a hockey game. Very close in Philly but mostly still just at the fringe end of fans just having fun. Only place I have ever had an experience like that was going to an away game in Baltimore for the Steelers. Me and the people I was with got followed from the nose bleeds all the way to our car by a group of Baltimore fans yelling and screaming at us throwing things and no one did anything to stop them, not security, not the cops. I’ll never got back to that city again unless I’m forced too.
If they just wanted to be a holes to me then fine. My gf never says a thing at the games. Just likes to be at the atmosphere of one. So when that started to happen, this year I decided no.

Reactions: EdwardBlake

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is this a serious thing? Honestly Flyer fans can come to Penguin games and the most I see is some friendly jest. There might be a handful of drunk idiots, but I would imagine Pens fans would probably step in or request help if it got bad.

One thing I learned at my time at Ohio State. I went to a PSU that was in OSU and both teams were highly ranked. My buddies came up wearing their PSU stuff and we went to the game together. SOOO many people came up and said "Hey... have safe travels on the way back. Good luck the rest of the way!" And if I go to Pens games nowadays, I try to do the same for any visiting fans. They are giving your city money by staying there and going out to eat/drink. The least you can do is be nice and welcome them.
Yeah a couple of times I had people take a swing at me and all I was doing was standing waiting to walk out of the arena. I've been to games in Philly countless times, a few drunk idiots and some pop corn thrown at us but that's Philly. I've never had people corner me or my gf, even in Columbus nothing like that.

But Canucks fans. No clue what their issue is but it became clear to me that the rioters weren't just bad people looking for an opportunity, it's just how their fan base is. Angry and hateful.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
At some point Sprong has to be in position to shoot and score a goal. Then he'll get more time. But forget about him being on the ice late in games. Not his forte unless they are down a goal and he starts showing signs of scoring on a more regular basis.

Everyone knows goals are a way to a coaches better judgement.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

A) less than 6 minutes

B) between 6-8 min

C) over 8 min

I’m going A....

Anything but Option A would shock me. Especially if the Pens are either trailing after 1 period or if the score is close after 1 period, Sprong will get about 4 or 5 minutes in the 1st, then sit on the bench the rest of the game.

#sheltered

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
D) No matter what happens, people will complain about it. :p:

I had to sell my tickets to this game.

The last couple of years, my gf and I have noticed it's become increasingly hostile after the games whether the Pens win or lose. Last two times, we were minding our own business and had 3-4 separate groups of Canucks fans try to pick a fight with not only me, but my gf.

So tv it is.

And why my hate burns deep for this piece of **** franchise and its fans.

I don't want a 9-1 win.

I want a 11-0 win. With Murray just laughing for 5 mins when they ask him about Boeser as his post game interview.
That's very unfortunate.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
At some point Sprong has to be in position to shoot and score a goal. Then he'll get more time. But forget about him being on the ice late in games. Not his forte unless they are down a goal and he starts showing signs of scoring on a more regular basis.

Everyone knows goals are a way to a coaches better judgement.
I've seen him drive to the slot area and battle, the will is there, I honestly think he just needs some luck. A game where he has even just a goal, will be huge for this kid.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I've seen him drive to the slot area and battle, the will is there, I honestly think he just needs some luck. A game where he has even just a goal, will be huge for this kid.

Sprong just needs to take it easy...he can’t let the sound of his own wheels drive him crazy....lighten up while he still can, and just find a place to make his stand...

We may lose and we may win though we will never be here again....

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
If Sprong can come in and play strong for a couple of shifts I'd swap him with Rust for a little and see how it shakes out. I'm not a fan of Simon and Sprong playing together right now.

I can't complain about Riikola sitting. It's tough to change the line up after the result of last game.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

That assist on Simon’s goal a few games back happened by him just willing himself through traffic.

Some of those plays and not be on the ice for goals will help. I saw he had easily the worst GA/60 of 6.8 on the team. That’s not going to help when the coach sees that whether he’s part of the blame or not.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
That assist on Simon’s goal a few games back happened by him just willing himself through traffic.

Some of those plays and not be on the ice for goals will help. I saw he had easily the worst GA/60 of 6.8 on the team. That’s not going to help when the coach sees that whether he’s part of the blame or not.
Oh he's definitely part of the blame. Have no illusions there lol.

Unrelated note for every1: DeSmith is starting.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
That sucks about Brass especially coming off a good game. Hopefully it's minor and he'll be back soon. Getting three points had to lift his confidence.
Fortunately we have a lot of depth down the middle which helps a bit. Although I hope Brass is back soon. The last couple of games he looked pretty solid.

Reactions: TNT87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad