4 Justin Schultz

Canucks Injuries:
83 Jay Beagle
47 Sven Baertschi
23 Alexander Edler
8 Chris Tanev

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I feel like DegenX should work for the team's promo/media department in some capacity.

Woah...Nucks given up 3 shorties already!? Sid on the PK tbh. Clearly the key to finally beating these jokers.

Yeah she’s gone pro on the GDT’s :)

I asked about Pouliot to my Canuck friends. They said the last couple games he’s had a few giveaways turn directly into goals.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Yeah she’s gone pro on the GDT’s :)

I asked about Pouliot to my Canuck friends. They said the last couple games he’s had a few giveaways turn directly into goals.
Doesn't surprise me one bit. He plays scared with the puck anywhere outside of the O-zone.
It's easy to say the Pens ruined his confidence/development, but at some point you have to wonder if he isn't simply straight up bad.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Doesn't surprise me one bit. He plays scared with the puck anywhere outside of the O-zone.
It's easy to say the Pens ruined his confidence/development, but at some point you have to wonder if he isn't simply straight up bad.

He's great at the AHL level.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Revenge is a dish best served cold....

I hope we finally have some desire to beat these ****ers because they’ve straight up creamed us the last three times we’ve played them...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What's with the low shot totals so far this season for our big guns? Crosby and Kessel at 20 (on pace for exactly 200, well below their usual 250-ish), and Malkin with only 14 shots in 8 games?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
What's with the low shot totals so far this season for our big guns? Crosby and Kessel at 20 (on pace for exactly 200, well below their usual 250-ish), and Malkin with only 14 shots in 8 games?

Despite the record, the team has only had offensive pressure for 3 games?

Reactions: ETA

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

All their ice time is down at least 1 minute a game.

We have had some poor games too but all their S% is up. Kessel’s is crazy at 30%.

In terms of team shot totals were avg 31 per game compared to 34 per game last season and our team S% is up 5%.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I had to sell my tickets to this game.

The last couple of years, my gf and I have noticed it's become increasingly hostile after the games whether the Pens win or lose. Last two times, we were minding our own business and had 3-4 separate groups of Canucks fans try to pick a fight with not only me, but my gf.

So tv it is.

And why my hate burns deep for this piece of shit franchise and its fans.

I don't want a 9-1 win.

I want a 11-0 win. With Murray just laughing for 5 mins when they ask him about Boeser as his post game interview.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
In no word should geno

We have had some poor games too but all their S% is up. Kessel’s is crazy at 30%.

In terms of team shot totals were avg 31 per game compared to 34 per game last season and our team S% is up 5%.
and sid and phil be under 3 shots per game, thats not recipe for success

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Ruhwedel gives the D a RH player who does balance out the pairings. He is not the best, but the D flows better with that mix. I still think GMJR needs to add a RH D man in a trade of a D man or say a 3rd round pick. Love to add a solid D man and left wing.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I feel like DegenX should work for the team's promo/media department in some capacity.

Woah...Nucks given up 3 shorties already!? Sid on the PK tbh. Clearly the key to finally beating these jokers.
Thanks :) I don't think I could be creative on demand for 40+ hours a week, though. I usually have several different projects that I've got going at any given time and I work on them as the mood strikes. It's a fun and creative hobby right now, but I'd probably hate it if it were my job.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

It's just kind of weird is all. Especially Geno's low shot total. At least Sid and Phil are a shot or two away from being "on pace" for their usual totals. Geno's got almost half his usual "pace".

It just caught my attention, particularly when you look at the scoring leaders and see those guys with like , 30, 40 and some with 50 shot already.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It’s 8 games though. While interesting not necessarily a trend.

Malkin is on pace for 154 points :naughty: Phil 123 and Sid 103.

I sometimes wonder whether Sid picking up 3 individual trophies in the last few years while Geno picked up none has put a bit of a fire under him. He seems a lot more determined regular season than Sid.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I had to sell my tickets to this game.

The last couple of years, my gf and I have noticed it's become increasingly hostile after the games whether the Pens win or lose. Last two times, we were minding our own business and had 3-4 separate groups of Canucks fans try to pick a fight with not only me, but my gf.

So tv it is.

And why my hate burns deep for this piece of **** franchise and its fans.

I don't want a 9-1 win.

I want a 11-0 win. With Murray just laughing for 5 mins when they ask him about Boeser as his post game interview.
Yeah Canuck fans are vicious. Lol one time I went to a Canucks pre season game vs Sharks and someone yelled at me to go live in Pittsburgh because I wore my Lemieux Pens jersey. I was meeting people from a fan made Canucks message board for the 1st time and that was what I told them I would wear. I was talking outside to a guy from Australia when that guy was yelling at me, we just kinda looked at him like "meh". This was like 10 years ago or something.

Reactions: 71Malkin71

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
It's just kind of weird is all. Especially Geno's low shot total. At least Sid and Phil are a shot or two away from being "on pace" for their usual totals. Geno's got almost half his usual "pace".

It just caught my attention, particularly when you look at the scoring leaders and see those guys with like , 30, 40 and some with 50 shot already.
I question the accuracy of the data being collected and collated, TBTH. I'd be curious to see what their margin of error is.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Ruhwedel gives the D a RH player who does balance out the pairings. He is not the best, but the D flows better with that mix. I still think GMJR needs to add a RH D man in a trade of a D man or say a 3rd round pick. Love to add a solid D man and left wing.

Thats why we need guys like Simon to do well. Its time we start trading some forwards for dmen. We have plenty of forwards waiting their turn. Not the case on defense.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Thats why we need guys like Simon to do well. Its time we start trading some forwards for dmen. We have plenty of forwards waiting their turn. Not the case on defense.
We need to construct a 4th line that gets some measure of zone time. Guys like Simon don't have to score - we have plenty of scoring depth - but they do have to keep it away from our net while the big boys get a breather.

That hasn't been the case for the most part this season. The 4th line's been getting hemmed in, getting criminally low corsi and conceding goals hard. It's been improving lately though.

As long as we reduce the time we're playing from behind, the opposition will take more risks and the top 9 will be more likely to produce.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I hope the Nucks do the honorable thing tonight and have a moment of silence for the victims of the mass shooting in the Burgh today...terrible tragedy...yet another example of how F-ed up this country is....:(

Last edited:
Reactions: Riikolas Revenge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->