GDT: Game 9 | Pens @ Canucks | October 27, 10:00 PM EST | No Foilin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That assist on Simon’s goal a few games back happened by him just willing himself through traffic.

Some of those plays and not be on the ice for goals will help. I saw he had easily the worst GA/60 of 6.8 on the team. That’s not going to help when the coach sees that whether he’s part of the blame or not.
It's one of those things where you can do 100 things perfectly well, but that one mistake is when the person that evaluates you, is paying attention during that one particular play.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It's one of those things where you can do 100 things perfectly well, but that one mistake is when the person that evaluates you, is paying attention during that one particular play.

I wouldn’t say that’s the case for Sprong he’s doing more bad than good. New line tonight and let’s see how he responds after a scratching. At least go to the right areas in all zones and limit the mistakes in the D zone in particular.

And get some shots on net!!!

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wouldn’t say that’s the case for Sprong he’s doing more bad than good. New line tonight and let’s see how he responds after a scratching. At least go to the right areas in all zones and limit the mistakes in the D zone in particular.

And get some shots on net!!!

What are the lines?

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Man, that bottom line looks like its going to get about 4 minutes of playing time.

Is it wrong to think that Riikola-Gonchar might be the team's 2nd best defensive pairing?

I laughed. And then I cried.

Reactions: KIRK

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Practice was
Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel
Cullen-Sheahan-Hornqvist
Simon-Grant-Sprong
Considering Brass is out I like those lines, although I'd switch Rust and Sprong for tonights game.

Unanimous

Oct 27, 2018
IMG_20181027_172838.jpg
really a sucks Murray can't play tonight to shut down boeser

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Is this a serious thing? Honestly Flyer fans can come to Penguin games and the most I see is some friendly jest. There might be a handful of drunk idiots, but I would imagine Pens fans would probably step in or request help if it got bad.

One thing I learned at my time at Ohio State. I went to a PSU that was in OSU and both teams were highly ranked. My buddies came up wearing their PSU stuff and we went to the game together. SOOO many people came up and said "Hey... have safe travels on the way back. Good luck the rest of the way!" And if I go to Pens games nowadays, I try to do the same for any visiting fans. They are giving your city money by staying there and going out to eat/drink. The least you can do is be nice and welcome them.

I've never had a bad experience either with other fans.

But every base has their knuckleheads, and jagoffs.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think it’s by design. boeser is living rent free in Murray’s head.

Canucks in general are one of those teams we struggle with...they’re going for their fourth straight win over the Pens...they are young and fast...Pens need to play their “Toronto” game against them if they gave a ****....but it’s the Canucks so they won’t...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Is this a serious thing? Honestly Flyer fans can come to Penguin games and the most I see is some friendly jest. There might be a handful of drunk idiots, but I would imagine Pens fans would probably step in or request help if it got bad.

One thing I learned at my time at Ohio State. I went to a PSU that was in OSU and both teams were highly ranked. My buddies came up wearing their PSU stuff and we went to the game together. SOOO many people came up and said "Hey... have safe travels on the way back. Good luck the rest of the way!" And if I go to Pens games nowadays, I try to do the same for any visiting fans. They are giving your city money by staying there and going out to eat/drink. The least you can do is be nice and welcome them.
people tried to pick fights with us when I was in Philly. Got called all kinds of unsavory things. They seriously had like triple security just chill in our section. Luckily we had a group of 14, so nothing actually went down. But if it was a smaller group of us I am far from confident that we'd have gotten home safely. People are the worst.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I sometimes wonder whether Sid picking up 3 individual trophies in the last few years while Geno picked up none has put a bit of a fire under him. He seems a lot more determined regular season than Sid.

Stable relationship, baby Geno, and:

It was the NHL top 100 snub. Geno's gonna mess up the league until his contract expires and then bail for Russia.

All probably have something to do with it. :naughty:

quote break lol

Touching on fan behavior, I have never had a real issue. San Jose doesn't have a bunch of evil rivalries, but when LA/ANA people are at the games---THEY can be morons. I also sit in the middle of the Raider crowd with my Steelers stuff on. Friendly joshing at best. I also do not talk shit or appear ignorant of the games/events I attend

It generally takes two to escalate things/big group 'mob mentality.'

I am also a very typical middle aged white male and do not want to make that seem like it has anything to do with not being harrassed/feeling unsafe, but, it probably does.[/quote]

Reactions: Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I guess No.6 is playing tonight, he is a Pens killer, Casey in goal, a lot of flopping, what could go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->