GDT: Game #9 : KINGS @ PREDATORS - Thursday, 2/7/’13 @ 5:00 pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfansince1967

Oct 23, 2006
Montreal
These guy do realize that you have to win a certain amount of games to qualify for the playoffs, right? I mean, they dont give an automatic spot for the cup champs.

It's about time they realize that having won the Cup is now history of the past. Now, it is no big deal.

It's more than time for Bernier to start in goal. Quick has to feel some kind of pressure.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
The Carolina Hurricanes once won a Stanley Cup too. It's in the past. While it's nice to look back at it, this is a team that is supposed to defend its title and prove everyone that they can be as good as they were during the playoffs during the course of the season. All we've seen 9 games into a 48 game season is that they are wildly inconsistent and struggle to score against playoff teams.

All of those things you have said are true but let me ask you this, does tonight, our 9th game of the season mean that we are now suddenly the same as the Canes when they won the cup? Are we the ducks? Are the Lightning?

No, we are the team that just returned its entire roster after winning the cup. The same guys, the same coaches and everyone else except Kompon.

We are missing two huge key factors to our success and asking our rarely played 7th dman and a pure rookie to fill in for them. Their absence also causes our forwards to try and help cover for their loss (which is obvious when watching them play but the results sure don't seem to show for it) and our remaining D to try and do too much as well.

My point is this game sucks and we aren't seeing what we want but it isn't the end of the world nor are we suddenly going to be another one hit wonder simply because a, others have been and b, we aren't playing as well as we did for the last third of last season and through our cup run.

Its going to be fine. We will get healthy. We will adjust. We will be fine. These things, while difficult to go through as a team and as fans are where character are built and that is what I see happening.

It isn't the end of the world, its just a hill. We can climb it and win the cup again. One game doesn't undue anything, nor do ten.

I mean can't we also go on an 8 game winning streak once we get healthy? Can't we make a couple of adjustments and be right where we want to be? I mean, we just won the cup and now I am supposed to believe that we are going to be the worst team in the league again because we aren't having a perfect start?

Take a look at the records of other teams that have won the cup since the lock out that have won it more than once (look at the wings, they came back after winning a cup and had a terrible start and have won the cup again) or have been right there among the elite teams competing for it.

We are young and talented and my money is on our turning it on and getting back there more than failing. That is my point.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
All of those things you have said are true but let me ask you this, does tonight, our 9th game of the season mean that we are now suddenly the same as the Canes when they won the cup? Are we the ducks? Are the Lightning?

No, we are the team that just returned its entire roster after winning the cup. The same guys, the same coaches and everyone else except Kompon.

We are missing two huge key factors to our success and asking our rarely played 7th dman and a pure rookie to fill in for them. Their absence also causes our forwards to try and help cover for their loss (which is obvious when watching them play but the results sure don't seem to show for it) and our remaining D to try and do too much as well.

My point is this game sucks and we aren't seeing what we want but it isn't the end of the world nor are we suddenly going to be another one hit wonder simply because a, others have been and b, we aren't playing as well as we did for the last third of last season and through our cup run.

Its going to be fine. We will get healthy. We will adjust. We will be fine. These things, while difficult to go through as a team and as fans are where character are built and that is what I see happening.

It isn't the end of the world, its just a hill. We can climb it and win the cup again. One game doesn't undue anything, nor do ten.

I mean can't we also go on an 8 game winning streak once we get healthy? Can't we make a couple of adjustments and be right where we want to be? I mean, we just won the cup and now I am supposed to believe that we are going to be the worst team in the league again because we aren't having a perfect start?

Take a look at the records of other teams that have won the cup since the lock out that have won it more than once (look at the wings, they came back after winning a cup and had a terrible start and have won the cup again) or have been right there among the elite teams competing for it.

We are young and talented and my money is on our turning it on and getting back there more than failing. That is my point.

Agreed.

Attachments

• 1360292809252.jpg
    1360292809252.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 6

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I can't believe Doughty is averaging 2 shots on goal a game. I can't even remember one.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Good level headed post. It is getting a bit frustrating to see them playing with no jump, but it's odd to see so many people saying we need to trade richards, carter, king, nolan (these two guys are rookies ffs), etc. I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt for this year, before everyone goes jumping off bridges...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad