GDT: Game 9: Columbus vs. Ottawa | 10/28 7PM EDT

major major

Feb 18, 2013
So much of this game came down to the play that led to the Karlsson goal. The first thing I'd point out, which was also a big part of the story of the game, was that Lehner made the big stop when Ottawa needed it, while Mcelhinney didn't when we needed it. Lehner really was outstanding.

I also don't get why our boys thought it was a good idea to do a 4 on 2. If you have a 4 on 2 one way then there's a more dangerous 3 on 1 going back the other way. At least one of our guys needed to peel off to cover for Murray when he jumped into the play.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Now's the time to have fun with these games:

- Start the game with X amount of beers for each player on IR
- Take a drink every time a player misses a shift due to injury
- Take a drink every time there's a defensive gaffe / sub for a shot when leading to a goal
- Take a shot for each player who does not return

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
Now's the time to have fun with these games:

- Start the game with X amount of beers for each player on IR
- Take a drink every time a player misses a shift due to injury
- Take a drink every time there's a defensive gaffe / sub for a shot when leading to a goal
- Take a shot for each player who does not return

You trying to give us alcohol poisoning?

I might have to switch to light beer for those terms.

LooseCannon

Mar 29, 2014
Columbus
The fans deserve a big shakeup. This is the year all eyes on are Columbus. How about ADDING a big player instead of trading one for a change...

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
It depends how close some of these guys are to actually returning. Which we no clue about.
I think I saw somewhere(probably Portzline and Mixer) say that Jenner was skating with the team. Think one of them said Jenner and Dubinsky might be another 2 weeks. But even when they return, how many games will it take them to get back into game shape?

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
The fans deserve a big shakeup. This is the year all eyes on are Columbus. How about ADDING a big player instead of trading one for a change...

No need to make moves, based on the following:
- There's a ton of guys out with injuries, and
- The GM's job is not in danger, and
- The fanbase isn't exactly in a state of revolt here, and
- Even if the entire season goes to hell as a direct result of injuries, the possibility of #1 overall (via lottery, not a 30th-place finish) makes more sense than disrupting the locker room and moving assets

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Seeing jack Johnson interviewed makes me realize how much we are missing Dubinsky . Dubinsky would be pissed, and hold the guys accountable. I know we have a lot of injuries , but damn, 5 to 2 loss to ottawa at home . Johansen, now might be a good time to take a leadership role, and that means when u are one of the better shooters healthy, shoot the damn puck. Murray was bad tonight

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Great idea I suggest we add Crosby or Seguin. Or maybe Drew Doughty.:shakehead

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Fans also deserve a smart hockey trade that improves the team.

We've had enough terrible hockey moves because the locals demanded a virgin sacrifice.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
As I look back on some of these games it doesn't seem to me the fighting and roughhouse play has served us particularly well. We do excel when we are active forechecking and being solid on the boards. But I am struggling to think of any game this year where the style of play has served us well. I suspect in part it's because we have a shorthanded roster. But tonight reminded me of too many Jacket games in the Dorsett/Boll period.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
That 5 minute major, which was nothing worse than a 2 minute charging penalty in reality, just killed us. OUCH! I just sprained by index finger typing this post. Out 1-2 weeks. :shakehead

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That 5 minute major, which was nothing worse than a 2 minute charging penalty in reality, just killed us. OUCH! I just sprained by index finger typing this post. Out 1-2 weeks. :shakehead

It was a clear major man. Not sure how we can sugarcoat that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad