GDT: Game 9: Columbus vs. Ottawa | 10/28 7PM EDT

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
Jesus Christ Johnson, what the hell was he thinking? That is a stupid pass. Sure, just give it to your D partner right in the slot while he has a guy on him.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
time to just accept that we're going to be horrible for a while. going to be another ridiculously tight second half of the season again

Definitely going to be tough to watch for a while. But at least this team never quits. I still admire that. The Senators can take the win, but both teams know who the better one was out there tonight.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not deserved. We were the better team, but you're not going to win many games with four top-9 forwards and a bunch of 4th liners.

If we're going to declare Horton a total write off, now's probably the time to make a move.

Agreed on the second part. The team needs a jolt, they have almost no pure offensive talent aside from Johansen and Atkinson. The rest (like Hartnell and anisimov) are more finishers/two way guys. Still waiting on Johnson and Wisniewski to provide offense from the back end

Is it deserved because of the effort level or is it deserved because we were simply outclassed talent wise? I'd say it's the latter given our metric **** ton of injuries.

I'd say they battled hard, they just made some eye opening mistakes, and the other team had the better goalie. McElhinney was pretty bad. Ottawa converted on every opportunity they were given.

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
Definitely going to be tough to watch for a while. But at least this team never quits. I still admire that. The Senators can take the win, but both teams know who the better one was out there tonight.

Take a look at the senators thread and you'll see they're (most of them) convinced every penalty call against them was bull, and the game shouldn't even be close.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Well, looking on the bright side, we were 3-0 against the Leafs last season, and 3-1 against the Devils, so the potential for a few wins over the weekend is there. For some odd reason, those damn pesky Senators have our number.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I wonder how Rychel has been doin in the AHL? Any chance he gets a look if Anisimov goes out? Maybe Josh Anderson?

I dont want to see Sean Collins or D'Amigo up here acting as a warm body. Might as well get the guys who will be NHL'ers some seasoning instead of an AHL plug like those guys.

Gibbons will probably be here soon too which I wouldn't mind seeing. I guess... :help:

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Well, looking on the bright side, we were 3-0 against the Leafs last season, and 3-1 against the Devils, so the potential for a few wins over the weekend is there. For some odd reason, those damn pesky Senators have our number.
It just sucks that those games are back to back. We have a bunch of back to back games the next couple of weeks. Also sucks that Bob is hurt. It either means CMAC has to play those back to back games or go with a rookie goalie.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
injuries aside, i'm kind of hating our defense right now. really think we need a shake up back there, no one is impressing me whatsoever.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
injuries aside, i'm kind of hating our defense right now. really think we need a shake up back there, no one is impressing me whatsoever.

I sorta agree with you, but I think the D just does this every year at the beginning. It definitely shows we need that big shut down D man.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Umm... guys.... i hate to be that person but looking at the gifs/video I don't think the Arty hit was that bad. Just an unfortunate result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad