GDT: Game 9: Columbus vs. Detroit | 2/2 7PM EST

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'll have some of what almost all must have had for breakfast. Unless this is a George Costanza opposite thing I think most are wrong. Hope they win but then again there is a deep draft to pick from-especially the top 2. And Calgary does still have 3 games in hand while only 2 back. Lets go Flames.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I'll have some of what almost all must have had for breakfast. Unless this is a George Costanza opposite thing I think most are wrong. Hope they win but then again there is a deep draft to pick from-especially the top 2. And Calgary does still have 3 games in hand while only 2 back. Lets go Flames.

No doubt....I haven't cared this much for Calgary since Darece Banock, Ule Brenner, Sanka, and "rich boy" were stealing the hearts and minds of all during the Winter olympics held there (bobsled).

Win Flames....WIN!!!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
No doubt....I haven't cared this much for Calgary since Darece Banock, Ule Brenner, Sanka, and "rich boy" were stealing the hearts and minds of all during the Winter olympics held there (bobsled).

Win Flames....WIN!!!

With nostalgic references like that, you win "Mayor for a Day" :laugh:

redsfanhere*

Jun 9, 2011
jackets fight hard in third period but come up short 7-0 and then post game with the coach is cancelled and so is sunday's practice. we fall in cellar of the western conference

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Went to Calgary two summers ago ... when you drive into town from the West (down from Banff - amazing scenery, I recommend it); you drive right past the Olympic village. It's all still there, and you can even ride the bobsled course, along with doing many of the other activities that the athletes themselves participated in. It was very cool looking, but very expensive, and also very much a tourist-trap zone. We barely slowed down.

I get the sense of pessimism about the Detroit game tonight, but really this isn't the same Wings team as we've seen in the past. They are older, with much less depth, and though they do still have a more skilled team than the Jackets, there's no reason they can't be out-worked and out-matched physically.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I get the sense of pessimism about the Detroit game tonight, but really this isn't the same Wings team as we've seen in the past. They are older, with much less depth, and though they do still have a more skilled team than the Jackets, there's no reason they can't be out-worked and out-matched physically.

Very strange looking at their team stats in today's paper. Things may have changed after last night's Detroit/St. Louis game; but, before that, all their goal came from the top two lines and nothing from anywhere else. The Jackets, on the other hand, have at least a goal from each combination, lines and pairs, alike, though no one with more than 2. The Wings have scored better - CBJ: 13 in 8 games, Detroit: 14 in 6 - but the distribution for the two teams struck me as odd. I guess it means the Jackets can win if they control the top lines of Detroit; but, on the other hand, it looks like the Wings don't really have to worry about controlling much of anything out of the Jackets!

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
I'm sick, so I gave my tickets to a Wings fan so he could take his son to his first game. Guessing he'll end up a lot happier at the end of the evening than I would. 3-2 Detroit.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I'm sick, so I gave my tickets to a Wings fan so he could take his son to his first game. Guessing he'll end up a lot happier at the end of the evening than I would. 3-2 Detroit.

I'll go 4-2 Detroit....empty netter at the end to seal it.

Jack Johnson and RyJo with the CBJ goals.

Next Up: The most important game on the schedule: LA KINGS

Lets hand them a loss and ensure ourselves a better pick (LA 1st).

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I'll go 4-2 Detroit....empty netter at the end to seal it.

Jack Johnson and RyJo with the CBJ goals.

Next Up: The most important game on the schedule: LA KINGS

Lets hand them a loss and ensure ourselves a better pick (LA 1st).

Our luck, the teams will split the series with every game going to OT against the Kings :laugh:

BlueJacket2

Feb 26, 2012
Welp taking off for the game, the first one of the year for me. Here is to a victory!!!!!

CBJ103

Mar 15, 2011
Powell, OH
My prediction - seats beside us are occupied by 4 20-somethings who claim to have been Redwings fans all of their lives. All decked out in Redwings gear. Turns out they are from Westerville. Bonus prediction - At least 2 are wearing OSU hats.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
My prediction - seats beside us are occupied by 4 20-somethings who claim to have been Redwings fans all of their lives. All decked out in Redwings gear. Turns out they are from Westerville. Bonus prediction - At least 2 are wearing OSU hats.

All with flat bills.

UyGGUpX.png

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If these pregame guys keep pimping Mason, I am really going to have to write a nasty letter. Don't tempt me... :p

Calder form my arse.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I forgot the third jeryseys were making their 2013 season debut. Lets see if Richards will have a better record than Arniel did last year with 'em.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
This doesn't feel like a blowout game coming up. I think the Jackets will play tighter and not allow a bazillion goals. Since we still can't score I'm thinking 3-2 or 3-1 Wings. I just can't feel the optimism looking at any setup of our forward lines...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad