GDT: Game 9, Columbus at St. Louis

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Anyone want to have a long painful conversation about the "TRUE BLUE JACKETS" tonight? No? Why not?
lol.... Jesus.... Can we start August 1999....

I sat in the Arena with Doug McClean two weeks after Nationwide opened, the paint was still wet.. and asked him... "Will we make the playoffs in our first season"??? He looked at me as if I was insane...

If only we had had the rules of the Golden knights... if only.

Reactions: thebus88

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Doesn’t make him wrong tho
Guessing that that's the reason is one thing. Proclaiming it to absolutely be the reason is yet another thing.

* * *​
I see a "theme" here.
...what the hell is that supposed to mean?

* * *​
I do think Korpisalo is playing better than Bob right now.

He played a good game I'd say. Which says a lot about team defense right now given the number of goals that went in the net.
I didn't see the whole game, so I can't compare them on overall work; just the basic results. Which were, on an individual level, about the same. If it turns out he faced more high-danger chances than Bob, okay, cool, that suggests he did better. I'm just objecting to this sudden "Bob was holding us back" narrative.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
You know how in football they say players play harder for QBs they believe in. Lineman work harder blocking, WRs get open more running harder n their routes, etc.

Gotta think that works for goalies too. Bobs is sending all the wrong messages right now with his posture and apparent lack of on ice focus and the rest of the guys on the ice are feeding off it. If you don't think your goalie is giving 100% or focused the other players might not give 100% either.

Oh yeah!?! Well, do you have any "numbers" or quotes to "prove" any of this!?! You know, FACTS!!

Didn't think so.

The team "knows his plans", its within his rights, get with the program...

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018
I don't care who's in goal. If we don't tighten up our puck management and closing down shooting opportunities in our zone it won't matter.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Bottom-line, it was a great comeback tonight....

We must get ready for a smokin hot Sabre team coming in... They have a new young goalie and Jeff Skinner combined with Jason Pominville…. They will also have many road fans.... They want to win on the road for their fans...

See ya there...

Reactions: We Want Ten

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Torts rolled 4 lines tonight!! Bjorky is over 10 minutes of ice time. That turnover probably cost him.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Your logical fallacy is the texas sharpshooter

Seriously, there's just as much "evidence" that the more motivated play right now is due to Torts putting Hannikainen on the ice. It's absurd.

To you, there is NO EVIDENCE that could possibly exist, to prove that it is true.

However, this "lack" of "proof", is somehow hinted at as "proof" of the opposite...

Reactions: CPTN71 and Robert

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So I just got in in time to see the start of the 3rd. I see we've given up 3 goals on 22 shots

They wanted this game. Claiming it's for one particular player is asinine, especially when that player isn't doing any better than the guy he replaced.

:puppy:

:skeptic: :huh: :squint: :whaaa?: :shakehead :speechles

I loove this place, whatever fits the agenda.
Guy allowed 4 goals team scored zero. Damn that goalie, f..ck him!
Guy allowed 4 goals team scored 7. Wow this goalie he won that game for us!!!

The "AGENDA"!?! But, you ignore the, "THEME"!?!

May-May did you watch the game tonight and/or the last few games?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
My .02 cents is that Torts will give Korpi a few test games against teams he'd normally give Bob and then go from there. I don't think he'll lean on Bob so much this season, especially if Korpi is getting wins. I think the whole team was really just feeling it tonight.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Korpi was very good tonight. For a while he was the only thing keeping the Jackets in the game, and there were some spectacular saves in there. Four goals is too many, but the last three were certainly not on him. Two defensive breakdowns and a fluky bounce -- not much he could have done. The first goal highlighted what is for me his biggest problem, though: a tendency to overplay the first shot and leave a wide-open net for the rebound. I wonder if he can tone that down without sacrificing his flair for the spectacular. If he can, he's starter material for sure.

The Foligno-Jenner-Anderson line was very good offensively but to my eyes was not so great in the defensive zone. Still, they were good enough that I'd keep them together for another game. I also kind of want to see Anderson on Panarin's line again. His goal tonight brought back some pleasant memories of the early part of last season. But for now I like him as part of that forechecking hydra with Jenner and Foligno. If Boone keeps finishing like he did tonight he should score at least 20 this year.

Duclair was an inspired pickup. Can't believe Chicago let him walk for nothing. Loved him with Wennberg and Bjorkstrand.

I also thought the Sedlak-Nash-Hannikainen line wasn't bad. They seemed to fit together, which is more than can be said about most of Torts's other fourth line combinations. Created a couple scoring opportunities, too.

There were bad things tonight too but I'd prefer not to dwell on them. St. Louis was terrible and the Jackets weren't. Two points is two points. Good night.

brianhatesu

Aug 8, 2003
Dayton
Visit site
I am still waiting to get excited. They still only have one quality win against Colorado. The others are all at the bottom of league in GA/G. The redwings have 1 win in 9 games, while the blues and panthers have 2 wins in 9. I’d give Korpi the start and see how Saturday’s game goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad