GDT: Game 9, Columbus at St. Louis

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Anyone want to have a long painful conversation about the "TRUE BLUE JACKETS" tonight? No? Why not?

TRUE BLUE JACKETS on display in full force. Seven goals scored against the struggling Blues. Gave up 4 goals against the struggling Blues. They are an up and down inconsistent team. If they can win the next one they'll have 12 points in the first 10 games which is about the right pace for a wild card spot. The opposition hasn't been the toughest. Definitely not an SC contender not a bottom dweller either. TRUE BLUE JACKETS.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I hope cream tho..............what??? hhunnnn??

Oh...........okay.

Never mind.

Reactions: Sabo0290

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Oh yeah!?! Well, do you have any "numbers" or quotes to "prove" any of this!?! You know, FACTS!!

Didn't think so.

The team "knows his plans", its within his rights, get with the program...
Holy bat-sh*t crazy! Why are you hating on me? All I said was I think Bobs doesn't look focused and that the players might be negatively feeding off his on-ice posture (which from this fan's eye is not good). You need to take a step back from the edge and relax!

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
For all the arguing about whether they played for Korpi, it's something we'll never know. But they definitely did look more inspired. It was 100% a different energy than the yotes game for whatever reason.

Fun game to watch. I agree with whoever said Milano should be back in for Sedlak, Hannikainen looked pretty solid last night and has earned another look.

Reactions: CPTN71

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Holy bat-sh*t crazy! Why are you hating on me? All I said was I think Bobs doesn't look focused and that the players might be negatively feeding off his on-ice posture (which from this fan's eye is not good). You need to take a step back from the edge and relax!

Its sarcasm. I agree with you. I am, 100% "anti Bob".

The "joke", is that these things you and I can see, cannot be "measured" and/or "proven". Therefore, some in the "pro Bob" crowd like to turn the, 'something that you cant prove', into, 'something that isn't true'.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Ah...sorry. Missed the sarcasm font there ;) For the record, I am not anti-Bob, just feeling Torts needs to read the dressing room and make reasonable personnel decisions going forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Ah...sorry. Missed the sarcasm font there ;) For the record, I am not anti-Bob, just feeling Torts needs to read the dressing room and make reasonable personnel decisions going forward.

Yeahhh, pretty sure that makes you, "anti Bob" and "anti Milano".

:dunno: :innocent: :dainty:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
some in the "pro Bob" crowd like to turn the, 'something that you cant prove', into, 'something that isn't true'.
Which is obviously somehow much much worse than presenting confirmation-bias-fueled hypotheses as settled objective facts of the universe.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I haven't seen enough of Bob to make a judgement on whether he or Korp are playing better. The two games I have seen Korpi won both.. maybe I should watch more, and or Korpi should get a few more starts.. I don't really care i just want the team to play well and win. Isn't that what it is all about?

Reactions: Viqsi

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I haven't seen enough of Bob to make a judgement on whether he or Korp are playing better. The two games I have seen Korpi won both.. maybe I should watch more, and or Korpi should get a few more starts.. I don't really care i just want the team to play well and win. Isn't that what it is all about?
I agree, this team is not re-building and I just wanna win now. If that means more Bob....great. If that means more Korpi...that's great too. Just play the guy that gets us wins.

As for being anti-Milano, I like Milanos...especially the mint ones. Growing up, my grandmother ALWAYS had some in the house! Yum!

In all seriousness, I wanna root for the guy. He's a CBJer and a Long Island kid like me...except I am far from being a kid anymore.

Personally I think the CBJ mis-developed him. He was committed to BC and after he was drafted by the CBJ the CHL made a big push for him. (Possibly...and rumored...with some pressure from the CBJ organization), he de-committed from BC to go Canadian Juniors where he was one and done and then jumping to the AHL as a young light-weight playing against grown men. He was not ready...it was too much too soon. I just got the sense the CBJ kinda leaned on him to strongly consider going CHL over NCAAs and it was a mistake. I think he would have greatly benefitted from playing two or three years in NCAAs strengthening his body and working on his skills rather than just playing games in the CH. IMO he has never caught up and maybe never will.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88 and CBJSTH

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
As currently constructed, the Jackets are tied for 3rd youngest team in the league.

According to Pronman, they have 3 players who are in the top 25 for under 25 years of age (6 in the top 100). Subtracting Panarin and Bob, I think this is still a team which is competitive but no longer a playoff lock / threat to go deep in the playoffs.

Best case scenarios would be to make the playoffs and have Panarin stay (Bob depends on cost). Second best scenario is if Panarin leaves to barely miss and win the draft lottery. Third is to make the playoffs and have Panarin leave. Worst would be to barely miss, have Panarin leave, and not win lottery.

Reactions: thebus88

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
As currently constructed, the Jackets are tied for 3rd youngest team in the league.

According to Pronman, they have 3 players who are in the top 25 for under 25 years of age (6 in the top 100). Subtracting Panarin and Bob, I think this is still a team which is competitive but no longer a playoff lock / threat to go deep in the playoffs.

Best case scenarios would be to make the playoffs and have Panarin stay (Bob depends on cost). Second best scenario is if Panarin leaves to barely miss and win the draft lottery. Third is to make the playoffs and have Panarin leave. Worst would be to barely miss, have Panarin leave, and not win lottery.
Losing those 2 basically makes the team comparable to Carolina. I guess from there do you get last years Carolina or this years version

Reactions: major major

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
By the way St Louis is coming undone over the loss to the Jackets and the crappy start to the season. Some lady was on the radio doing a 2 minute rant over PLD smashing that guy into the ice at the end of the game and absolutely no one on the Notes taking issue with it. Heartless... gutless.. and she said she was a long suffering Blues fan. They came into the league in the early 70's and have very little to show for it..

major major

Feb 18, 2013
By the way St Louis is coming undone over the loss to the Jackets and the crappy start to the season. Some lady was on the radio doing a 2 minute rant over PLD smashing that guy into the ice at the end of the game and absolutely no one on the Notes taking issue with it. Heartless... gutless.. and she said she was a long suffering Blues fan. They came into the league in the early 70's and have very little to show for it..

I can understand the frustration with the Dubois-Sundqvist play. I didn't think Dubois actually made contact with Sundqvist's head or anything, but it was a very aggressive and dangerous move and I'd have gone after Dubois if I was on the Blues (and about 30 lbs heavier). They have a lot of new bodies and it's not a good start, time to hit the reset button (and get a better goalie).

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I can understand the frustration with the Dubois-Sundqvist play. I didn't think Dubois actually made contact with Sundqvist's head or anything, but it was a very aggressive and dangerous move and I'd have gone after Dubois if I was on the Blues (and about 30 lbs heavier). They have a lot of new bodies and it's not a good start, time to hit the reset button (and get a better goalie).
I used to watch the Blues a lot when Hotch was there....a carryover from my younger days listening to Dan Kelly on KMOX. Agree the biggest issue with the Blues is their goalie. It's been that way for years. While there was angst over which goalie to jettison - Elliott or Allen - it was like handwringing over McBackup 1 or McBackup 2.....ok, I'll get back to Blue Jackets on next post.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I used to watch the Blues a lot when Hotch was there....a carryover from my younger days listening to Dan Kelly on KMOX. Agree the biggest issue with the Blues is their goalie. It's been that way for years. While there was angst over which goalie to jettison - Elliott or Allen - it was like handwringing over McBackup 1 or McBackup 2.....ok, I'll get back to Blue Jackets on next post.

McBackup > Allen

Reactions: MoeBartoli

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I thought we finally played a solid team game at St. Louis. I give Torts credit for coming up with solid lines after overusing his "line blender" in the past. We should be happy. I hope he uses the same lines against Buffalo. That way we can see if the Blues game was a fluke or if we are really on to something that can be sustained. But for one nite that was certainly good stuff that we saw on the ice.

I would trade Bob as soon as possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->