GDT: Game 9, Columbus at St. Louis

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
CBJ MONEYLINE IS A LOCK. TAKE IT TO THE BANK.

CBJ +1.5 -265
St. Louis -1.5 +225
CBJ + 105
St. Louis -125

I will post confirmed lines later.

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Jenner-Anderson
Bjorkstrand-Wennberg-Duclair
Milano-Nash-Sedlak

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Nutivaara
Harrington-Savard

Bobrovsky

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Maroon
Barbashev-Thomas-Kyrou

Dunn-Pietrangelo
Edmundson-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Schmaltz

Allen

PanarinBagel GDT record 2018 (0-0-0)

Last edited by a moderator:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for making the GDT. Also thanks for noting that the lines are unconfirmed. If the lines are posted without attribution we end up wasting time bickering about the combos for lines that are not even real. This is me making a point about how important attribution is, but also being grateful for it because it's actual work.

Reactions: Cowumbus

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Korpi is in net, Harry is in for Kukan and Beerman is in for Milano.

So, Milano has some of the best analytics numbers of all our players the past few games , and our brilliant coach pulls him for another Workman like player . Torts makes it hard to want to support this team, we are going nowhere with him . Just an old out of touch coach , that doesn’t understand today’s game

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
So, Milano has some of the best analytics numbers of all our players the past few games , and our brilliant coach pulls him for another Workman like player . Torts makes it hard to want to support this team, we are going nowhere with him . Just an old out of touch coach , that doesn’t understand today’s game
But he has almost 3 more years to learn it with the CBJ! Look at the bright side:naughty:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Giving him the benefit of the doubt on approach to suggest that he wants that physicality to permeate throughout the rest of the lineup, because the last couple games have been lackluster. That said, I don't like it - I don't like that line and I don't like Hanni in for Sonny. I'd rather try to up the energy through skating, but...

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Jesus Torts... Just when I think it's possible that you really actually care about skill+speed, you pull this garbage. Add one goal against us for each of Harrington and Hannikainen. So we're starting this one in a 2 goal hole. Knowing that, we'll lose.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I dont mind Hannakainen coming it but why isnt it Sedlak sitting?
Torts is good with established offensive players but nor so good ar bringing it out in young guys like Milano, Bjorkstrand or Zucc in NY. He holds them to a different standard so they play afraid to make a mistake. Not sure I give Torts a ton of credit for Dubois last year but Duclair is responding well

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Seems like the Jackets never play well in St. Louis. Will be surprised if they win, even though the Blues are not playing well out of the gate.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think embracing the grind can be a great way to get the forwards out of a funk. It buys space for skill. And a little heavy hitting might get the boys out of their heads. Stop thinking about your last bad pass and get primal.

I'm not sure if the Blues are a great target for that kind of strategy (this is going to be tough) but in general I like the strategy. It also would be nice if they tried it at home, wake up the mausoleum a little.

Reactions: thebus88

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
PROJECTED LINEUP via STL Twitter

Forwards
Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
Sanford - O'Reilly - Perron
Steen - Bozak - Maroon
Barbashev - Sundqvist - Kyrou
Defense
Dunn - Pietrangelo
Edmundson - Parayko
Bouwmeester - Schmaltz
Goalie
Allen

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm sure Torts has been watching Tampa Bay & Toronto a lot lately and sees that physicality is the way to go. :sarcasm:
I can't believe a Jenner-Foligno-Andy line is the key to success. At least not playing top line minutes. Good news is with the line-o-matic in gear it'll only last a few shifts.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
He's not wrong, I don't think, in the abstract. Being engaged physically - and, like Torts, I don't just mean plowing into people - activates other parts of your game, or can, anyway. He's made a decision that this is what this group needs to get itself going. I hope he's right, but it is hewing awfully close to "we're a team of grinders and that's what we do," which is a turn-off as far as I'm concerned. And the bits and the ways the game used to be are ugh.

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->