Pre-Game Talk: GAME #9 - Canucks @ Penguins - Saturday at 10 a.m (dun dun dunnnn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I thought we would lose, then I saw tanner glass in their 3rd line hahahahahhaa

Sidney Crosby seems to be everywhere right now, so I'm sure that will cancel out Glass's impact or lack thereof. Seriously, Crosby is just playing out of his mind. Tall order to try and shut him down.

I strongly disagree with starting Lack here. Talk about throwing your backup to the wolves. On another note, really curious to see how these guys do against a top team that isn't San Jose.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I think Chuck Kobasew on the 2nd line is even more amusing, actually. That and the fact that the 2nd winger on that 3rd line is Craig Adams who is even worse than Glass.

We also have Deryk Engelland on our 4th line, instead of on D. Kobasew 2nd line, Glass/Adams 3rd line, Engo 4th line.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
We also have Deryk Engelland on our 4th line, instead of on D. Kobasew 2nd line, Glass/Adams 3rd line, Engo 4th line.

What happened to Bennett anyway? Will he be out long? Been following him ever since I heard that the Canucks wanted him in 2010.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
https://twitter.com/benkuzma/status/391253574048419840

I'm happy that Garrison and Edler are back together

When I look at our offence and see Santorelli as our 2C I get a little scared. Then I look at our D pairings and I feel much better.

I definitely see the D core as the strength of this team. I think this D right now is better than any D core I've seen as a Canucks fan. There is no pairing that is a liability now that we have Stanton instead of Alberts/Rome/Weber/Barker.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
When I look at our offence and see Santorelli as our 2C I get a little scared. Then I look at our D pairings and I feel much better.

I definitely see the D core as the strength of this team. I think this D right now is better than any D core I've seen as a Canucks fan. There is no pairing that is a liability now that we have Stanton instead of Alberts/Rome/Weber/Barker.

And Corrado is our #7, basically (at least once the playoffs roll around). So we're even covered quite well for injuries.

BB should not be out that long.

Good to hear.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Sidney Crosby seems to be everywhere right now, so I'm sure that will cancel out Glass's impact or lack thereof. Seriously, Crosby is just playing out of his mind. Tall order to try and shut him down.

I strongly disagree with starting Lack here. Talk about throwing your backup to the wolves. On another note, really curious to see how these guys do against a top team that isn't San Jose.

Crosby would probably make Tanner Glass into an Olympian. I mean, he's made Kunitz and Dupuis into highly productive point producers....he's ridiculous.

Shinkaruk

Jul 13, 2013
Ontario
I really think we have really solid depth when healthy, our d-men is the strength of the team. 8 games in and our top 6 already has 21 point with Edler missing 3 games. Schroeder, Kassian, Tanev and Stanton give us that youth and speed we need, and I am still hoping Jensen makes it on the team once he gets comfortable in Utica. That Booth-Schroeder-Kassian line looked great, there seems to be something there and I'm excited to see what happens. The only big concern I have right now is with that fourth line. We need to be able to juggle four lines and the only player I like on that line is Richardson.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I really think we have really solid depth when healthy, our d-men is the strength of the team. 8 games in and our top 6 already has 21 point with Edler missing 3 games. Schroeder, Kassian, Tanev and Stanton give us that youth and speed we need, and I am still hoping Jensen makes it on the team once he gets comfortable in Utica. That Booth-Schroeder-Kassian line looked great, there seems to be something there and I'm excited to see what happens. The only big concern I have right now is with that fourth line. We need to be able to juggle four lines and the only player I like on that line is Richardson.

I like Weise... good 4th liner, certainly above average. Sestito is the weak link but he does OK against weak teams. Burrows being back will be big help. Might end up with Booth on the 4th which is kind of nuts (in a good way; or Santorelli if he really cools down).

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Crosby would probably make Tanner Glass into an Olympian. I mean, he's made Kunitz and Dupuis into highly productive point producers....he's ridiculous.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470543&view=stats

Kunitz has produced with the Ducks a few times:

41 pts
60 pts
50 pts
35 pts (18 more with Pens)

Nothing really new with Kunitz that he hasn't done with the Ducks.

Dupuis? well, most of the 59 point season was with Jordan Staal. But he's not been that great this season (same with Kunitz) so far, but they still producing.

chopkins

Super Bowl Champs
Aug 7, 2009
Vancouver
Of the two games this weekend, we have a more realistic shot at beating Columbus.

We should start Lack tomorrow vs. Pittsburgh and Luongo on Sunday vs. Columbus.

This gives us the best chance at spliting the weekend and being 3-1 on the road trip through 4 games as we start our better goalie against the opponent we have the better chance at beating and throwing Lack to the Penguins. Hopefully the kid can shine and steal one.

You play to win every game.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I like trying a ton of line combinations now while we can, and then finding what we think works best. That way if we struggle either now or in the playoffs (assuming we make it), we could have some proven line combinations to fall back on.

As long as the experimenting isn't costing us games, there is no reason. There will be plenty of time for players to build chemistry with their long term linemates down the stretch.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
You play to win every game.

hermedwards_youplaytowinthegame.gif

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
‏@BradZiemer6m
Twins with Kesler in practice. Santorelli with Higgins and Hansen, Schroeder with Booth and Kassian, Richardson with Weise and Sestito.

Loading up the 1st line... interesting...

I like it. It's early in the season and we need to find out what those guys can do together on a line. Plus, Burrows is out so it's an even better time to try and experiment.

I wanted Kes with the Sedins in the SCF when we were having trouble scoring. Sure, Kes was playing on one leg but he still looked like he was trying the hardest out of any other Canuck. Sigh. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad