Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Avalanche @ Lightning | Avs win 2-1 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Well classic Avs win, horribly outshot and they find a way to pull it out. Can't complain when they need the W any way the can get it. One of these days they'll combine a solid possession game with a win.

The Kid and his Grandads seemed to click pretty well. If we can get Dutchy going things will look up. Wouldn't mind them trying him with Greg, not that I had any issues with how Skille played.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Team corsi 5vs5 after three periods

44-29 Tampa (We kept up pretty good but had zero shot attemps in the final 10 minutes)

Best
Barrie 16-6
Holden 13-13
MacKinnon 13-13

Worst
Guenin 3-16
Duchene 8-20
Zadorov 5-17
Beauchemin 12-24

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Winner winner
roast-chicken-dinner.jpg

squirrelbait

Oct 28, 2010
Zadorov was pretty awful tonight though. He didn't need to be out there more.

Yeah tonight was his worst game, but as worst games go it didn't cost us as much as some other guys worst. Needs to bounce back next game to show he should be given more time and special teams work.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
You guys thought Zadorov was bad? i thought he looked fine at least when he has the puck even on a bad night, he's more competent at moving it than most of the others.

Anyways, we need to get this guy the minutes that he was getting in Buffalo at the very least for his development, could probably benefit from having a steadier veteran D partner for the nights he's off defensively, not you-know-how.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Well classic Avs win, horribly outshot and they find a way to pull it out. Can't complain when they need the W any way the can get it. One of these days they'll combine a solid possession game with a win.

The Kid and his Grandads seemed to click pretty well. If we can get Dutchy going things will look up. Wouldn't mind them trying him with Greg, not that I had any issues with how Skille played.

I feel like the outshooting was due to sitting back and trying to defend in the third tonight

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I feel like the outshooting was due to sitting back and trying to defend in the third tonight

This is true but dangerous to an extent. You can defend a lead late, but if you have zero shots in the last 10 minutes you're less defending a lead than you are just getting straight dominated.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Postives:
- Varly went full Varly.
- MacK and the Geriatrics did really well together
- Soderberg's line had a good game and earned us that second goal with their work in the ozone on the previous shift.
- Another positive game from Holden, his confidence with the puck is completely different from the terrified icing-machine he has been for us and that was a great play with his stick at the end there.
- Greg got some PP time!
- And we got the win! You could see how tense they got in the third so thank god Varly stepped up and carried it home. The awful early schedule at the start of the year + Barrie's suspension has them really tight and lacking in swagger. They need a few wins in games where things do bounce their way and then a big break out game to really get mentally fit, but eeking this out was crucial.

Negatives:
- PP; for some reason we still haven't seen the Barrie, MacKinnon, Iginla, Landeskog and EJ PP unit that was so deadly before Barrie's suspension. And Iggy playing on the point continues to be a disaster.
- Landeskog; I love you man but jesus christ. Skille was a great and Duchene keeps looking good without having any puck luck or offensive confidence, but holy hell was Landy not himself today. What I wouldn't give for that line to have a big game.
- EJ's still not himself and doesn't look like he's healthy enough for the kind of minutes we all want him to play.
- The team playing scared-to-lose in the third. I get why they're doubting themselves, but playing like that will cost us when Varly isn't on form. Hopefully Varly can steal us another win or two if this game doesn't give them some confidence to build on the next time they step on the ice.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Zadorov was pretty awful tonight though. He didn't need to be out there more.

Yep. Playing Zads more with how much he was struggling today could've messed with that confidence that makes him so loveable. He's gunna have nights like tonight where he's really fighting it; he's 20; so it's important for Roy to scale back his minutes when that's happening.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal

Obviously, but it's kinda funny how the Avs don't outshoot the opponent when they need a goal in the third but when the other team needs a goal, we're not getting the puck out of the zone for 10 minutes lol

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Would y'all believe the Avs are 54-4-5 when leading after 2 under Roy?

Yes cause they made a huge deal about that in 13/14. We were like 30-0-4 at some point or something.

Not a fan of us sitting back like we have in the thirds of late and we did today. That gets punished big time in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad