Post-Game Talk: Game 84, same as the previous 83.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No he won't. Next game I bet the lineup is

Caggiula - McDavid - Draisaitl
Lucic - RNH - Kassian
Rieder - Strome - Yamamoto
Khaira - Brodziak - Chiasson

Klefbom - Benning
Nurse - Larsson
Garrison - Russell

Benning should be on every line.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Please leave this thread for discussion of the game. Keep all Fire Chia/TMac/Hunter/etc. to the appropriate threads.

Chai
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...our-time-is-at-an-end.2555023/#post-150611813

TMac
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/todd-mclellan.2411893/

Hunter
MAY3895.pvw.jpg

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Those of you who are saying there is a different gear in other teams' games, I agree wholeheartedly. I don't know why. This has been going on--with the exception of two years ago--for a long time. We tried firing the coach(es), we've turned over our roster multiple times. And our GM. WTF.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The Devils didnt change 75% of their coaching staff. The Devils didnt implement new systems 5x5 the PP and the PK.
This is going to take a little time and its going to take playing games which has not been at all in their favor.

It is what it is.

Do you watchthe games? We haven't implemented shit.

Reactions: TB12 and stratedge

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The Devils didnt change 75% of their coaching staff. The Devils didnt implement new systems 5x5 the PP and the PK.
This is going to take a little time and its going to take playing games which has not been at all in their favor.

It is what it is.

We have the same PP and PK setup as last year. Hell our 5x5 play looks the same as well.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm out.

The hivemind is too much...lol

There are no positives...only negatives. :sarcasm:
Enjoy.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Well he played 2 minutes in the first so I’m not surprised that he looked lifeless in the first. Hard to do much from the bench.
Sure they need to put him in a position to succeed but he really didn't look good with the icetime he did get. Too many guys are passengers on this team. Drake actually showed that he wants a roster spot. JP looked like Bambi on ice at times.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Poor signings, trades, and coaching lead to losses. No amount of "optimism" or "hype" was ever going to change that.

Hockey is a lot like real life; if you subscribe to fantasies, real life will hoof you in the nuts over and over.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
If we're gonna be a dogshit team, might as well bring Bear up and let him develop. Has a way higher ceiling than Benning.

Benning looks like he'll never learn...except maybe German when he's playing in the DEL in 2 years.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

It is what it is.

I don't think the team needs that long of a process to realize a PP that has 5 RHS and 5 LHS on two separate PP is an absolute stupid gongshow.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Boston is a superior team. That’s not an excuse. It’s a fact. Don’t think anyone should be using Europe as an excuse. If they do they can GTFO.
So what? Didn't stop the Oilers from beating them last year.

Vancouver just walked into Tampa and beat probably the most complete team in the NHL. Calgary just shut out the Preds in their home arena. The Oilers went down 3-1 and went away into the night.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Bottom line is the team has no secondary scoring and the blue line isn't good enough. McDavid can rely on no one on this team unless he is spoon feeding them directly himself.

The rest is predictable. The 103 point season was a fluke, just like the 13-14 Avs and 14-15 Flames, and this GM and coach need to go.

Reactions: McAsuno

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm out.

The hivemind is too much...lol

There are no positives...only negatives. :sarcasm:
Enjoy.
It's not a hivemind. You are trying to spin this and lay blame in bs. There were positives people have been mentioning them.

But saying our play is due to the travel is just a pure excuse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad